IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Omar Solo Album LibraryA work in progress

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1130 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:32 AM

*Mods please let me know if you are not ok with this thread*

So as most of you know, Omar's bandcamp is gone. This means there are a large number of his albums which are no longer available to be purchased legally anywhere and there is nothing which seems to indicate that Omar is ever going to get around to recovering the bandcamp page. What's left is a discography in complete disarray. We need something better.

I understand the coma's policy on file sharing but I would hope that an exception is made in this case. If this does not happen I fear we will literally lose albums to a digital wasteland. Already, there are torrents out there which are tagged horribly, transcoded, ripped from god knows where, in mind numbingly stupid formats. I want to emphasize this is not for the sake of sharing Omar's albums, but for organizing them for the benefit of everyone, perhaps even Omar himself.

So my plan is as follows. Here is what I want to do. I will keep a spreadsheet updated here that everyone can see with every album that has been properly catalogued. So what does that mean? I need your help coma! I own a large amount of Omar vinyl records, but unfortunately own very few of his CDs and/or original digital files from official sources. This is where you come in. If possible, and this is likely to change, I would like if people were to send me links to albums. You know what to do. There are a couple stipulations.

1. Files must be ripped from CD in 320 kbps MP3 or better.

2. Or the digital files must come from an official source aka bandcamp, itunes, amazon, etc.

3. No transcoding whatsoever.

4. Vinyl rips are also accepted, of any quality, process, whatever. But if it is a vinyl rip let me know!

*If you have digital copies of any albums but you do not know where it came from, I don't want it.

This could be a slow process for everyone involved so if you want to contribute there is no need to rush. As I gather together the files, I will make sure they are tagged and encoded properly to a single standard, given proper art work, and anything else anyone would like to contribute. Lyrics, pictures, whatever.

The intention is then to either put these in one easy to access location (not sure where yet), or to create a single torrent out of it for everyone.

So what do you all think? Does anyone have any suggestions? How do you all tag Omar's albums? What format works best?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: Here is my speadsheet of what I have so far which I will continue to update as I get more albums.

Edit2: If you have something you would like to contribute, please PM me.

Edit3: Ok, I was kindly given the complete discography to work with so my next step is to clean everything up and then start work on a website. Of course, if anyone has vinyl rips they would like to contribute feel free to PM me.

Final: Site is complete in that everything has finally been uploaded to it and can be listened to. Check it out www.leakyfaucet.us.

#2 Ghost Of Shark Horse

Ghost Of Shark Horse

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Joined 15-June 15

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:13 AM

There is a need for this. I'll be happy to upload what I have...

#3 Joel___SMEGMA

Joel___SMEGMA

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Joined 02-April 07

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:03 AM

This is a great idea. Love it! Better than paying Russians for pirated copies and better than scouring an internet wasteland for uploads from non-omar fanatics.

Unfortunately, I'm not a huge CD collector either. I have all the vinyl, but would need to ask a friend to have them ripped and that could take awhile. SK has most, if not all, the cds that didn't get a vinyl release for sale on Discogs and I've been eyeing them for awhile in case anyone feels like making those purchases at the moment.

If need be i could probably dig out my crypto, se dice, and manual dexterity cds from the garage...

#4 TL_

TL_

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2381 posts
  • Joined 11-October 10

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:32 AM

I've got lossless versions of every album but Despair, Mega Ritual and Tychozorente in a Dropbox folder.

#5 jezz

jezz

Televator

• Coma Donor
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 05-March 07

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:20 AM

I can share what I have if need be

#6 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2928 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

On a certain Russian tracker there's the complete Omar discography in FLAC, properly tagged and all.

#7 indrossi

indrossi

Goliath

• Coma Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4113 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Cats and foxes.

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

I found all these albums last year in a torrent - I didn't think it was so hard to find. Do we have a problem with pirating albums that Omar should be receiving dollars for? Even if there is no legitimate way for Omar to receive said dollars?

#8 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

WHAT IS MY PROBLEM??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8613 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11
  • Interests:Cross dressing
    gang bangin

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:23 AM

whats he gonna do? get his lawyers involved? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

if anybody can direct me to a free + decent proxy service I chucked a whole bunch up in .flac on slsk the other day but cant currently upload because uni internet. either DLed from Bandcamp or ripped from CD also

#9 Bedlampuhedron

Bedlampuhedron

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3506 posts
  • Joined 17-May 11
  • Interests:wind turbines gave me diabetes

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:26 AM

I've got lossless versions of every album but Despair, Mega Ritual and Tychozorente in a Dropbox folder.

Wait, you don't have Despair??

BANNED

#10 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1130 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:52 PM

On a certain Russian tracker there's the complete Omar discography in FLAC, properly tagged and all.

Do you know where all of those files came from? Anybody could have just gotten any old shit and transcoded to FLAC. And never mind the fact that huge FLAC downloads are a giant pain in the dick.

I found all these albums last year in a torrent - I didn't think it was so hard to find.

It's not hard to find at all, but it is hardly what I would consider quality, adhering to any sort of standard, and god knows whether you can find a good torrent with actual seeders.

Ok, first post has been edited with my spreadsheet. If you feel like contributing to this PM me stuff. Otherwise have fun downloading shit from russian trackers.

#11 imfrudom

imfrudom

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 28-June 12

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:52 PM

I have every album legit, perfectly organized and well tagged in my hard drive. But those that comes from cds are in m4a format because of itunes. I don't know if it's a problem...i'm no expert with computers nor english but I'd be happy to help you.

#12 psychoshamanism

psychoshamanism

nada sin ti

• Members
  • 7800 posts
  • Joined 03-May 09

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:30 PM

I too have everything, including solo shows and The Burning Plain and Bufalo de La Noche OST.

#13 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1130 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:10 PM

Well shit if everyone has everything legit then there is really no need for this.

Although what I am considering is making a kickass website where everything would be organized and easy to access and it would use HTML 5 audio. This way you could theoretically download everything one track at a time but it would be time consuming and a huge hassle. And you could reference it whenever you need to.

@Imfrudom - I would take m4a files if they are from itunes.

#14 indrossi

indrossi

Goliath

• Coma Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4113 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Cats and foxes.

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:12 PM

I don't have The Burning Plain or Bufalo.. hmm. My relentless desire for hoarding and categorisation is increasingly seeing the necessity, or at least coolness, of this idea.

#15 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

in•ter a•li•a•moms

• Party Members
  • 5191 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me be about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:38 PM

I have burning plains and buffalo, but no clue of their audio quality.  I have assorted live stuff as well.  Not sure if we are interested in that.  

#16 psychoshamanism

psychoshamanism

nada sin ti

• Members
  • 7800 posts
  • Joined 03-May 09

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:16 AM

I also have random stuff like his performance with Frusciante and Flea, and his live jam with Theodore.

#17 bronxblanco1

bronxblanco1

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Joined 06-May 12

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:51 AM

Well shit if everyone has everything legit then there is really no need for this.

Although what I am considering is making a kickass website where everything would be organized and easy to access and it would use HTML 5 audio. This way you could theoretically download everything one track at a time but it would be time consuming and a huge hassle. And you could reference it whenever you need to.

@Imfrudom - I would take m4a files if they are from itunes.

I would benefit greatly from this! I fell asleep on the solos, mainly because I could not keep up with them. But, I deeply regret it after hearing some of them!!!! Cizana is brilliant, but sadly costs $150 plus on vinyl!

#18 zilla333

zilla333

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Joined 14-April 14

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:16 AM

where can we find the buffalo and burning plains soundtracks?

#19 psychoshamanism

psychoshamanism

nada sin ti

• Members
  • 7800 posts
  • Joined 03-May 09

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:25 AM

I'll upload them. Give me a few minutes.

EDIT: Do I post the link here or do I PM peeps??

#20 ballsmcgrath

ballsmcgrath

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1345 posts
  • Joined 17-October 10

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:26 AM

I was supposed to upload something for someone a few weeks ago but I get high and forget. Lol. Whoever that was please tell me what I was supposed to upload and I will.

On another note I have almost of everything in flac and 320.

Could you PM me the burning s/t and bufalo?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users