IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

(#037) Arañas en la SombraRelease Date: 26th of August, 2016 (ex-The Somnambulists???)

• Please log in to reply
942 replies to this topic

#1 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3509 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:38 AM

album cover: a2142259499_10.jpg

http://orlprojects.b...as-en-la-sombra

Tracklist:

1. No Hey Inteligencia (0:28)
  2. Arcos Del Amor (2:28)
  3. El Vacio (4:32)
  4. Piojos Histericos (1:28)
  5. Un Mar Amargo (3:55)
  6. Metamorfosis (2:56)
  7. Extravagants Dientes (5:32)
  8. Primitivo y Barbaro (4:25)
  9. Semillas De Hez (2:15)
  10. Araña El la Sombra (5:01)
  11. Voluntad de Los Ciegos (5:00)
  12. Presencia (0:30)

According to this website it features Ikey Owens, Eva Gardner, Jon Theodore and John Frusciante

http://music.mxdwn.com/2016/07/08/news/omar-rodriguez-lopez-to-release-12-solo-albums-on-ipecac-records-before-years-end/

Review: 

http://www.verbicidemagazine.com/2016/07/24/omar-rodriguez-lopez-corazones-blind-worms-pious-swine-aranas-en-la-sombra-review/

This is the oldest record in the series and features sessions with original Mars Volta members Ikey Owens, Eva Gardner and Jon Theodore. John Frusciante guests. 2012

All songs written by: ORL
Produced by: ORL
Recorded on the e clat morgue portable unit by: Jon Debaun
Mixed by: Jon Debaun
Mastered by: Chris Common
Art by: Julio Venegas 

You may have already heard about this album, but just under a different name, The Somnambulists. Now, I can’t really say that it is definitively the intended album it was meant to be when under that title, but let’s look at the facts. That album title was announced when the song “Casate Colmillo” appears on the Omar retrospective Telestrion. It was known at the time that Jon Theodore was playing the drums on that track. It is also now known that Arañas en La Sombra contains original The Mars Volta members Ikey Owne, Eva Gardner, John Frusciante, and Theodore. Also, “Casate Colmillo” does appear on the album, except now it is called “Extravagants Dientes.” The opening is now a little cleaner, the bass sounds a little different, and the song ends with a nice solo that unfortunately fades out, but it’s the same song. The album does show off some traditional Omar tricks, such as multiple tracks that are really one longer song when played back to back. Also, at least two other tracks from those leaked “The Mars Volta” demos that surfaces a few years ago appear on this album. I won’t tell you which ones — you’ll have enough fun going back and connecting them yourself, even though they are pretty obvious. The album does kick off with a faster speed punk sound, but then settles into a sound everyone will be familiar with, and certainly enjoy, especially songs like “El Vacio” that closes out with a lovely Omar/Ikey jam out.  I should also note that the albums artwork is a piece from Julio Venegas, the artist’s whose life and death inspired the story of The Mars Volta’s De-Loused in the Comatorium.

#2 swoonlp

swoonlp

Underneath the surface

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3436 posts
  • Joined 12-October 13

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:09 AM

I really hope this is legit, it got me hyped even more. Omar's wild ride never ends.

#3 Veni-yan Warrior

Veni-yan Warrior

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3005 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:05 PM

If this is accurate I'm gonna shit everywhere.  So this is 2002 recordings finished in 2012??  Doesn't really make sense... but if so, this is before Flea came in for De-loused sessions   :smile:

#4 Sorrki

Sorrki

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Joined 15-May 06
  • Interests:Music, Drums, Books, Movies.
  • Twitter

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:07 PM

#5 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3509 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:11 PM

^

omg.

but that was released on Free Moral Agents album

#6 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3509 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:12 PM

If this is accurate I'm gonna shit everywhere.  So this is 2002 recordings finished in 2012??  Doesn't really make sense... but if so, this is before Flea came in for De-loused sessions   :smile:

maybe it's with omar overdubs from 2012.

like that somnambulists track from telesterion that had vocals overdubs long after that jam was recorded

#7 Veni-yan Warrior

Veni-yan Warrior

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3005 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:23 PM

Could very well be, and I guess "Caught In The Sun" / "Talk Show Host" could make an appearance here.  Ikey just put it out himself because that whole jam likely centered around the part he wrote.

I am still slightly skeptical because it seems the article could be trolling so hard with all the recent TMV rumblings ever since Jon & Eva showed up to the ATDI show, but the rest of that article seems completely authentic.  God, can't wait to see what the other 8 albums contain.

#8 Alderetism

Alderetism

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7326 posts
  • Joined 04-September 09
  • Interests:Bassplaying, drawing, CD-collecting, reading, thinking
  • Facebook

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:34 PM

Holy f*cking shit, if true. I'll pay two times for that!

#9 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3509 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:58 PM

Could very well be, and I guess "Caught In The Sun" / "Talk Show Host" could make an appearance here. Ikey just put it out himself because that whole jam likely centered around the part he wrote.

I am still slightly skeptical because it seems the article could be trolling so hard with all the recent TMV rumblings ever since Jon & Eva showed up to the ATDI show, but the rest of that article seems completely authentic. God, can't wait to see what the other 8 albums contain.

Maybe its Omar trolling instead?? That article also came out before the rollingstone interview.

Also, Omar's guitar part is what made that song. Talk Show Host is okay but Caught in the sun is seriously better.

He may have also put it out because he was tired of Omar shit not being released.

Also, who is rapping on talk show host?

#10 Veni-yan Warrior

Veni-yan Warrior

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3005 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:29 PM

Maybe its Omar trolling instead?? That article also came out before the rollingstone interview.

Also, Omar's guitar part is what made that song. Talk Show Host is okay but Caught in the sun is seriously better.

He may have also put it out because he was tired of Omar shit not being released.

Also, who is rapping on talk show host?

ooooo, hadn't noticed that!

lol, don't think Ikey would have been tired of Omar not releasing shit.  Not in 2004, but maybe 2008.

#11 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3509 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:32 PM

i relistening to it right now, as far as i know it was performed only once???

can it be just a really cool unrehearsed jam?

from which ikey got an idea for free moral agents song?

#12 kathygriffin

kathygriffin

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Joined 12-December 06

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:32 PM

All I know is that if this album contains F39H, or even just songs in that vein, it's gonna be a good one.

#13 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2711 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:38 PM

I'm guessing this could have been the first Volta album they were working on between Tremulant and Deloused. I mean, look at that lineup.

#14 Veni-yan Warrior

Veni-yan Warrior

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3005 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

I'm guessing this could have been the first Volta album they were working on between Tremulant and Deloused. I mean, look at that lineup.

Hmmm... maybe we'll see some bits of "Hands Tied To The Roots Of A Hemorrhage" or "Tied Prom Digs On The Docks"

#15 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3509 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:43 PM

Oh shi~

#16 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3509 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:44 PM

Delete

#17 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2711 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:45 PM

And Omar probably sang over it in 2012 just like he and Ximena did for Xeno or Somnambulists. Of course this could be instrumental but then the 2012 date wouldn't make sense.

#18 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3509 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:47 PM

Xeno was recorded and released in 2009

#19 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2711 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:50 PM

I meant he and Ximena recorded vocals over Xeno which was meant to be for Volta, with Cedric.

#20 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3509 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:53 PM

I always wondered where did this "Xeno is a lost volta album" came from except for Pridgen jokingly saying he though he was recording a TMV album?
Doesnt sound like a tmv record to me really.
Now unicorn skeleton mask - i would believe that it was tmv material

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users