IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

(#056) Doom Patrol2017-07-14

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#41 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2710 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:40 PM

think its the end of great series but there's a Lot of unreleased material.

It's not the end.

#42 indrossi

indrossi

Goliath

• Coma Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Cats and foxes.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

It's not the end.

#43 Mavis Diles

Mavis Diles

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 21-October 16

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

I got 22 new albums by an artist I knew I liked, but am now obsessed by. I am 50 and would never have expected to go back to obsessive fandom. Thanks Omar and Ipecac, and bollocks to anyone who feels somehow short changed.

#44 auxfnx

auxfnx

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Joined 26-October 10

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:00 PM

I got 22 new albums by an artist I knew I liked, but am now obsessed by. I am 50 and would never have expected to go back to obsessive fandom. Thanks Omar and Ipecac, and bollocks to anyone who feels somehow short changed.

fuck yeah man

#45 swoonlp

swoonlp

Underneath the surface

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3374 posts
  • Joined 12-October 13

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:06 PM

What if he will pass them a hip hop album where he raps "fuk u mike patton u piece of shit kiedis impersonator". Will they release it?

Oh my God, I'm not even a massive Patton fan but geez.... Reading this made me audibly gasp.  :mad:

#46 seventieslord

seventieslord

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 01-January 17

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

It's not the end.

#47 seventieslord

seventieslord

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 01-January 17

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

^^^that's what we all chant now, until the prophesized next album drops, right?

#48 Mavis Diles

Mavis Diles

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 21-October 16

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:18 PM

^^^that's what we all chant now, until the prophesized next album drops, right?

Album Drops? Is that the follow up to Infinity Drips?

#49 Germán F.

Germán F.

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2343 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:22 PM

Alright! I'm not the oldest one here! I'm 38 and thought I was, but yeah, it's ridiculous how good this guy is, making great music in all kinds of types and styles.

#50 ballsmcgrath

ballsmcgrath

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1345 posts
  • Joined 17-October 10

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:24 PM

#occupyipecac

#51 Mavis Diles

Mavis Diles

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 21-October 16

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:38 PM

Alright! I'm not the oldest one here! I'm 38 and thought I was, but yeah, it's ridiculous how good this guy is, making great music in all kinds of types and styles.

Right on! And I'm buying and downloading the FLACs in case he has a hissy fit/breaks up with Teri (or Deantoni?) and deletes everything.

#52 indrossi

indrossi

Goliath

• Coma Donor
  • 4105 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

This Ipecac series has been perfect. It's hugely broadened his canon of music (Blind Worms, Umbrella Mistress, A Lovejoy, Killing Tingled in particular) and absolutely re-energised my obsession with his output, just when I thought I might be done and could get around to listening to other music. To think that the last six months have brought us 22 (and counting, friends) "solo" albums, a 'new band collaboration' in Crystal Fairy, and an "ATDI" lp (whatever you think of it) – we can't complain.

#53 seventieslord

seventieslord

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 01-January 17

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:50 PM

This Ipecac series has been perfect. It's hugely broadened his canon of music (Blind Worms, Umbrella Mistress, A Lovejoy, Killing Tingled in particular) and absolutely re-energised my obsession with his output, just when I thought I might be done and could get around to listening to other music. To think that the last six months have brought us 22 (and counting, friends) "solo" albums, a 'new band collaboration' in Crystal Fairy, and an "ATDI" lp (whatever you think of it) – we can't complain.

well... 10 months, not 6.

#54 indrossi

indrossi

Goliath

• Coma Donor
  • 4105 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:53 PM

well... 10 months, not 6.

Agh, 2017 has just fucking flown past huh.

#55 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

WHAT IS MY PROBLEM??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8610 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11
  • Interests:Cross dressing
    gang bangin

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:15 PM

What if he will pass them a hip hop album where he raps "fuk u mike patton u piece of shit kiedis impersonator". Will they release it?

Oh my God, I'm not even a massive Patton fan but geez.... Reading this made me audibly gasp. :mad:
mr bungle is clown music imo

Also wish this had come out, I like this lil tradition. Oh well

#56 olympusmons

olympusmons

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Joined 25-April 06

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:14 PM

Right on! And I'm buying and downloading the FLACs in case he has a hissy fit/breaks up with Teri (or Deantoni?) and deletes everything.

45 here. Hooray for the olds!

Looking forward to the next Omar release.

#57 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9588 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:29 PM

old people hooray!!!!!

jk i'm 28, in your face haha

#58 brucef

brucef

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 26-February 16

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:42 PM

maybe in another life? lol

#59 Germán F.

Germán F.

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2343 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:56 AM

old people hooray!!!!!

It'll be a very very long shot, but for my 40th birthday in a little over a year, I'm going to try to make an Omar solo show happen at a small club here in El Paso if he still lives here. It would cost me thousands but I'm willing to do it. The people from the club are his friends so I'll start talking to them about it soon. Old people here can get in for free!

#60 zilla333

zilla333

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Joined 14-April 14

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:19 AM

old people hooray!!!!!

It'll be a very very long shot, but for my 40th birthday in a little over a year, I'm going to try to make an Omar solo show happen at a small club here in El Paso if he still lives here. It would cost me thousands but I'm willing to do it. The people from the club are his friends so I'll start talking to them about it soon. Old people here can get in for free!

Damn dude please make sure to record this shit if you are able to actually make it happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users