IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

ORL Projects6.24.16

• Please log in to reply
3595 replies to this topic

#3581 broccoli bro

broccoli bro

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 19-September 20

Posted 18 December 2020 - 09:06 PM

that was neither on CD nor put out by SH

#3582 kathygriffin

kathygriffin

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined 12-December 06

Posted 18 December 2020 - 11:07 PM

I'm curious as to why there's no one in his entourage who could take up all that mess and try and make something clean, I'm sure tons of people would gladly buy quality reissues of all his work (Volta, De Facto, solo, etc.) and/or listen to it on streaming platforms - I understand he has no interest in all of that, but at least he could hand it to someone who does, instead of letting it rotting away.

I don’t think there is any entourage anymore. I think it’s Omar and his grandma, Cedric and his wife n’ kids, and everyone else has moved on to other projects with other bands or ventured into new walks of life. No one’s out there working on Volta-related stuff anymore. That time has passed. They’ve been dead and irrelevant so long that most folks don’t even remember they ever existed.

#3583 kev821

kev821

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Joined 25-October 04

Posted 19 December 2020 - 01:24 AM

I'm curious as to why there's no one in his entourage who could take up all that mess and try and make something clean, I'm sure tons of people would gladly buy quality reissues of all his work (Volta, De Facto, solo, etc.) and/or listen to it on streaming platforms - I understand he has no interest in all of that, but at least he could hand it to someone who does, instead of letting it rotting away.

I don’t think there is any entourage anymore. I think it’s Omar and his grandma, Cedric and his wife n’ kids, and everyone else has moved on to other projects with other bands or ventured into new walks of life. No one’s out there working on Volta-related stuff anymore. That time has passed. They’ve been dead and irrelevant so long that most folks don’t even remember they ever existed.

Someone shared a interview with Rich Costey, here recently. In it he said he would remix France the mute for free, cause he feels he could do a better job and that it was pretty much the toughest mix he’s worked on.

#3584 broccoli bro

broccoli bro

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 19-September 20

Posted 19 December 2020 - 10:41 AM

I'd be game for a Volta Line-up of Omar, Cedric, Xanthus, Ulysses & Grandma Rodriguez.

#3585 Germn F.

Germn F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2630 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 19 December 2020 - 08:04 PM

Refreshing to see someone with common sense here

#3586 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7190 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 20 December 2020 - 06:01 AM

The past few responses have been smart, level-headed, humourous at noones expense, insightful, and courteous....

...so please knock it off. It doesn't feel right. ;-)

#3587 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • 7190 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 20 December 2020 - 06:06 AM

No one’s out there working on Volta-related stuff anymore.

Well, not in any "official" capacity...

...is what the TMS'ers might say. ;-)

#3588 kathygriffin

kathygriffin

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined 12-December 06

Posted 21 December 2020 - 06:47 PM

Ah, yes. TMS. Don't mean to disregard the efforts there. I was referring more to there likely not being any kind of crew hanging around Omar these days. 

You know, the only reason I stuck around here after TMV ended was the hope that some more SBDs or other HQ live recordings might trickle out of the woodwork. And unless I've missed something, nothing's shown up on that front but for a few very small items in the youtube videos thread. But the existence of TMS, and the knowledge that there are still people out there who care enough to put work into that site, keeps that faint glimmer of hope alive that something noteworthy may still one day see come about.

#3589 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 6198 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 22 December 2020 - 04:42 AM

Ah, yes. TMS. Don't mean to disregard the efforts there. I was referring more to there likely not being any kind of crew hanging around Omar these days. 

You know, the only reason I stuck around here after TMV ended was the hope that some more SBDs or other HQ live recordings might trickle out of the woodwork. And unless I've missed something, nothing's shown up on that front but for a few very small items in the youtube videos thread. But the existence of TMS, and the knowledge that there are still people out there who care enough to put work into that site, keeps that faint glimmer of hope alive that something noteworthy may still one day see come about.

Some good stuff has come out here and there after 2012 in the bootleg world.  Some solid 2005 footage from a few shows has popped up in 2020 alone.  It's real odd because it will really be out of nowhere something new will surface.  

What I'm noticing more is stuff that was totally forgotten is being rediscovered.  I found a 3 song Juan only gig from 2014 when he was in Australia for I think Deltron.  Korey is doing AMAZING work finding old 90's ATDI shows.  

My hope is that our work in TMS will inspire more people to unearth unreleased recordings (maybe even some proshots or, far more ambitiously Omar or Cedric will notice and let it be the legit hub for the all things Volta/ATDI/etc related.  

#3590 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4237 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 22 December 2020 - 05:19 PM

the way i see it, we got those outtakes way back when and should be happy for that

#3591 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

#StillNoAnswers

• Members
  • 9293 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11

Posted 23 December 2020 - 12:06 PM

that was neither on CD nor put out by SH

soz I meant the tremulant with the dodgy remaster. I think there was some confusion about the SH CD release also being from a mp3 source which to my knowledge it is not

#3592 Deni

Deni

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1337 posts
  • Joined 20-November 05
  • Interests:LEGO, Music, Marketing, Movies

Posted 02 January 2021 - 12:58 AM

Well, you can still buy some ORLP CDs at SHM
https://www.hellomer...uctions-cd-pack

there is also a 10 CD bundle for $35 which is a steal considering how great all those bands were/are.

#3593 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Joined 27-April 09

Posted 10 January 2021 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for sharing this ! I'm only missing Un corazon de nadie from ORL there so I have to choose 9 others...

Any recommandation outside of D. Parks, Hella, Big sir, Zechs, RXB, bygones, ME&LP and Tera Melos ? I unfortunately don't have the time to listen to all of these.

#3594 kev821

kev821

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Joined 25-October 04

Posted 10 January 2021 - 09:30 PM

Thanks for sharing this ! I'm only missing Un corazon de nadie from ORL there so I have to choose 9 others...
Any recommandation outside of D. Parks, Hella, Big sir, Zechs, RXB, bygones, ME&LP and Tera Melos ? I unfortunately don't have the time to listen to all of these.

I’ve seen Boris, Russian circles, zorch, Chelsea Wolfe and gypseblood play live all good bands, some other ones I like they got are red fang, mutoid man and native

#3595 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4805 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:08 AM

Dissheveled Cuss might be worth picking up. Haven't listened to it but it's Nick Reinhart from Tera Melos.

#3596 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 6198 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:05 AM

Dissheveled Cuss might be worth picking up. Haven't listened to it but it's Nick Reinhart from Tera Melos.

It's Nick doing more pop 90's alt rock inspired music.  I dug it.  If you like Blue Album and Pinkerton you may too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users