IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

LP5 and LP6 (almost?) recordedOmar talks about Obama and his political ideas on previous albums

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#41 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:36 AM

DUDE
I DON'T WANNA WAIT TILL SPRING!!!!!!!!!!
UGH

Hey, I'm a huge fan of both MARS and the other martians released their last album on 2005. No new record or solo projects. Can you imagine that?
I'm more thant pleased with all the albums these martians have released and the solo projects
They have us in constant party.
They deserve to rest a little and work on their own projects.
Besides, Cedric told in an interview that many labels makes bands to release 1 album per year, so it won't be too much information to handle :biggrin:
And he said: some labels make bands also to release albums not in a holiday season, he said: their fans would buy their albums in any time of the year. sort of what he said. can't remember the link in youtube. I think was the verge interview.

Oh!!! I almost forget. :biggrin:
Posted Image

know what, dew???
in Catalan language, ur nickname is the "colloquial" word to say "bye"

#42 Guest_killer7_*

Guest_killer7_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:03 AM

Spring is like in 2 months.
But i see LP5 coming out in late summer/fall most likely. The shit takes a while to put everything together.
You gotta remember they're still on Universal, so they have all the marketing to do, maybe a video shoot, photo shoots, final mixing, editing, album art, manufacturing, distribution, scheduling appearances, etc, etc, etc....

Looking forward to a new Volta album. At least the album is fully recorded; maybe just some loose ends on the actual music part.
It's all the other shit that gets in the way....

#43 swansong200

swansong200

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Joined 26-September 08

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:16 AM

Goddamnit! I've been reading bullshit like this for about a year now. If it's finished fucking put it out. If your going to say its recorded, then make sure you don't have to wrap up some vocal tracks or some bullshit. They've been saying it's been finished for days. LIES! Volta news is so fucking dry it's insane that this board manages to function on the minimal level it does at present. Throw me a frickin' bone here man. give us a title. say something about it.

This shit is getting irritating.

its always that way. just smoke one, 2 for me, and listen to some boots, radiohead, some solo omar stuff, just do like me and bide your time.

#44 Guest_killer7_*

Guest_killer7_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:34 AM

Read my previous post...
The shit takes time. Go get high like Swanny said. Listen to some Radiohead KID A and Hail the thief. It will come out.

#45 cymbaline12

cymbaline12

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1904 posts
  • Joined 20-July 06

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:39 AM

Spring is like in 2 months.
But i see LP5 coming out in late summer/fall most likely. The shit takes a while to put everything together.
You gotta remember they're still on Universal, so they have all the marketing to do, maybe a video shoot, photo shoots, final mixing, editing, album art, manufacturing, distribution, scheduling appearances, etc, etc, etc....

Looking forward to a new Volta album. At least the album is fully recorded; maybe just some loose ends on the actual music part.
It's all the other shit that gets in the way....

agreed. we don't even know the title yet. we knew the title of bedlam at the beginning of last summer and look how fuckin long it took for that to be released. with that in mind i'm hoping for a title in early spring and the album in late summer.

#46 in.visi0n___

in.visi0n___

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 20-June 07

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:27 AM

the anticipation is the best fucking part...I love music but once I know a mars volta album is on the horizon, I get those butterflies, and then irritation, and then excitement, followed by abstinence of anything volta related, followed by addiction to anything volta related, and finally mad with uncertainty and sick of time going almost too slow. This is the best part because I don't really get like this about any other band...

Im glad they took a break, because those of us that see them on the next tour are going to get long ass sets again and all that underlying anticipation will erupt the moment Fistfull of Dollars reverberates into the crowds eardrumsss...

When the world ends I hope its not while I am waiting for a volta album because I would be super pissed

#47 wonderbrother

wonderbrother

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Joined 12-March 07

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

the anticipation is the best fucking part...I love music but once I know a mars volta album is on the horizon, I get those butterflies, and then irritation, and then excitement, followed by abstinence of anything volta related, followed by addiction to anything volta related, and finally mad with uncertainty and sick of time going almost too slow. This is the best part because I don't really get like this about any other band...

Im glad they took a break, because those of us that see them on the next tour are going to get long ass sets again and all that underlying anticipation will erupt the moment Fistfull of Dollars reverberates into the crowds eardrumsss...

When the world ends I hope its not while I am waiting for a volta album because I would be super pissed

this post defines my love for the mars volta.

fuck all the haters.

#48 Eggness

Eggness

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Joined 16-September 08
  • Interests:Playing music, cooking
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:11 PM

On an unrelated note, your sig gives me a boner.

#49 donoftheslums

donoftheslums

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 225 posts
  • Joined 18-August 07

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:50 PM

Of course, the first of these won't see the light of day until at least this spring, as vocals need to be recorded and additional tweaking may be necessary. And Rodriguez-Lopez isn't giving any possible titles away.

it doesn't say how many vocals need to be recorded. since they've been recording this when they've had free time in between touring last year it makes since that cedric's only been able to record some of the parts, especially as he would use the break period to rest his voice, and self, since he got sick several times during the tour.

he said that "additional tweaking may be necessary," as though the vocal additions are part of that tweaking. it could be that they're recording harmonies, and all those weird sounds that cedric makes with his voice.

and omar not giving away titles doesn't mean a thing. they could be debating several titles, and he doesn't want to give any out on the chance that they change it. or they may want to keep it a secret and keep us all in suspense.

it sucks, we just don't know.

#50 JordanJ1988

JordanJ1988

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Joined 04-January 07

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:03 AM

Goddamnit! I've been reading bullshit like this for about a year now. If it's finished fucking put it out. If your going to say its recorded, then make sure you don't have to wrap up some vocal tracks or some bullshit. They've been saying it's been finished for days. LIES! Volta news is so fucking dry it's insane that this board manages to function on the minimal level it does at present. Throw me a frickin' bone here man. give us a title. say something about it.

its always that way. just smoke one, 2 for me, and listen to some boots, radiohead, some solo omar stuff, just do like me and bide your time.

hehe radiohead frogot about them :P

#51 Athleticist

Athleticist

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2355 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
  • Interests:got a k named chop

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:03 AM

Fuck that!!!! Listen to some Kylesa!!!!!!!

Georgia swamp metal! your new favorite band@!!!

Posted Image

#52 cragget

cragget

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1821 posts
  • Joined 24-April 05

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:46 AM

I'm with you on this one.

As am I.

And it's this time, EVERY year there's going to be a new album that I come on and tell you idiots to calm the fuck down and remind you all that there's this band called "Tool" that releases albums every five fucking years. FIVE YEARS! Do you think their fans were acting like this 12 months and 1 week after "Lateralus" or "10,000 Days" were released? I highly, highly doubt it. And you lot are expecting LP5 by this lot to be DONE and OUT RIGHT NOW!...? Give me a fucking break. Go listen to some other bands! There are thousands upon thousands of them out there! The Mars Volta is not the only one in existence!

#53 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

hahaha that's it!

#54 jtbond0116

jtbond0116

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 13-October 08

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:14 AM

As am I.

And it's this time, EVERY year there's going to be a new album that I come on and tell you idiots to calm the fuck down and remind you all that there's this band called "Tool" that releases albums every five fucking years. FIVE YEARS! Do you think their fans were acting like this 12 months and 1 week after "Lateralus" or "10,000 Days" were released? I highly, highly doubt it. And you lot are expecting LP5 by this lot to be DONE and OUT RIGHT NOW!...? Give me a fucking break. Go listen to some other bands! There are thousands upon thousands of them out there! The Mars Volta is not the only one in existence!

I'm with you ... I'm a Rage Against The Machine fan. Talk about some bullshit..
Hey I'm Zack de la Rocha and Tom Morello.. let's just get Rage back together with no intention of making a new album.. oh ok. Hope the fans don't mind too much.
As Volta fans I think we are pretty spoiled.. and once they split with Universal I think we can expect more albums at a faster pace than now.

#55 chacho

chacho

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined 05-May 08

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:23 AM

im itching for a damn title -_- it isnt too hard to tell us that

#56 brw0044

brw0044

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Joined 06-March 07

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

As am I.

ya but we're not talking about tool...we're talking about tmv...your logic is off..."what about brian wilson and smile...his fans had to wait 30 yrs"

#57 brw0044

brw0044

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Joined 06-March 07

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:49 PM

As am I.

I'm with you ... I'm a Rage Against The Machine fan. Talk about some bullshit..
Hey I'm Zack de la Rocha and Tom Morello.. let's just get Rage back together with no intention of making a new album.. oh ok. Hope the fans don't mind too much.
As Volta fans I think we are pretty spoiled.. and once they split with Universal I think we can expect more albums at a faster pace than now.

I disagree with that too....I think RATM's album career is complete right now...tho another badass album would be extra nice....whose to say they wouldn't make a St. Anger....I know I know....I doubt that would happen....but you see where I'm coming from. Also - if the guys didn't want to make and album then what can ya do!!! Its better they didn't in this case. Also - did you see the any of the reunion shows??! I saw the coachella show - it was f'n unbelievably good. I never even would've thought they would get back together much less record a new album.

Volta fans aren't spoiled....they just want their dose....also - we all know what tmv is capable of - it isn't selfish to want the new album come out since we know that it is ready or close. and asking for one album a year isn't selfish or too demanding since we all know they are completely capable of this - esp. since we all have read that omar wants to release "4" a year

#58 brw0044

brw0044

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Joined 06-March 07

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:55 PM

also - I think we all want more official volta news....We hardly get anything here now - I know the band is busy-- and probably hates whiny fans - but we are not whiny fans! we are the core of the volta- we are the ones that will buy every cd. We are the ones that give the volta power. We are the ones that try to convert everyone we know to tmv. thats all.

#59 Deni

Deni

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1329 posts
  • Joined 20-November 05
  • Interests:LEGO, Music, Marketing, Movies

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:06 PM

also - I think we all want more official volta news....We hardly get anything here now - I know the band is busy-- and probably hates whiny fans - but we are not whiny fans! we are the core of the volta- we are the ones that will buy every cd. We are the ones that give the volta power. We are the ones that try to convert everyone we know to tmv. thats all.

Posted Image

#60 brw0044

brw0044

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Joined 06-March 07

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

haha thats actually the exact image I had in my head as I was typing it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users