IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

"I am no longer a member of Mars Volta" - Cedric

• Please log in to reply
1716 replies to this topic

#21 Tre3180

Tre3180

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 14-November 07

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

One life saga is finished. *steps outside*

#22 kevin c.

kevin c.

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Joined 13-July 06
  • Interests:making music and snack food.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

love you guys. the end of an era. cheers to meh solo albums and side projects and some day everything coming back

#23 MarimbaNoise

MarimbaNoise

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3343 posts
  • Joined 04-November 10
  • Interests:Music, drums, books, films, sports aaaannnnddd.....beer

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

Ehh...I don't even really give a fuck anymore. They gave us enough.

Now....back to the 70s.

#24 SoulRebel

SoulRebel

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1049 posts
  • Joined 05-August 08

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

i don't think i've ever been this down and out about a band breaking up

#25 Jehu

Jehu

I like to drive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6105 posts
  • Joined 03-November 08
  • Interests:Mostly driving
  • Twitter

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

LP7 in 2016.

#26 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2831 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

I'm so sad it's unreal. I know it's stupid but i still have hope that they'll do a reunion (if ATDI can get back together for some shows so can Volta). Especially after Ikey just tweeted Cedric that he hopes they can all get back together one day, and Cedric retweeted.

All i wanted (yeah, im selfish) was 1 more album and tour with Deantoni and Ikey on board. That democratic album Omar talked about? Yeah i envisioned a funky album. And i thought maybe Jon could come in on some final dates. You know, play a few songs. Well i still think this can happen in a few years time. But i wont be thinking about it too much.

If they're over forever. Then god bless them. They changed my life. My outlook on art. Not just music, all forms of art. They opened my mind and for that ill always be grateful.

RIP to one of my top 3 bands of ALL time. And my favorite band to emerge out of the last 20 years or so. Ill be listening to whatever Bosnian Rainbows music they got cooked up (now in a bittersweet kinda way) and absolutely excited for new Cedric.

#27 Drea666

Drea666

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined 14-May 05
  • Interests:The Mars Volta, Indianapolis colts,

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

Im devastated! It's been a helluva ride. This band has done so much for me and altered my life. Ahhhhh these albums will live on in my heart forever, but maybe one day we will get a reunion show or something :(

#28 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4423 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

I think Omar may come running back. Like Cedric said, he's playing a dangerous game turning his back on the support of all his Volta fans, and, if Bosnian Rainbows ends up not being sustainable, he may quickly find himself without any allies if he continues this kind of behavior. The question is if Cedric would ever consider returning, now that he's publicly put the nail in the coffin.

#29 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1132 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

I've edited this post too many times. I don't have words for this except, thanks Cedric. You owe no one anything after all the hard work for the last 10 years. Now go home and take a bath.

Edit: I know what it is I was trying to say now. The Mars Volta will never actually die. It was never just about the tours, or the albums, or the interviews, it was about something greater than all of those things. Cedric and Omar aspired towards something greater with TMV and people along the way came together to be a part of something truly amazing. The Mars Volta lives forever, not just as a band but as an idea with a special place in my heart, mind, and soul.

#30 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

WHAT IS MY PROBLEM??

• Members
  • 8846 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11
  • Interests:Cross dressing
    gang bangin

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

motherfucker

We could never had done it with out you. My dream was to get us to the point were Jon Theodore and Ikey Owens came back but sadly it's over

sounds like Cedric's pretty cut up over this. I would've thought it was something they would decide together, but it seems like Omar just shat on everybody's toast.

I don't feel particularly sad about the band being over, but what Cedric wrote about it kinda makes me feel sick

willing to bet Ikey, Juan and Cedric will record together again

LP7 in 2017

#31 Joshipalooza

Joshipalooza

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Joined 09-February 10
  • Twitter

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

This is not ending, fuck it.

#32 WilliamTheTaft

WilliamTheTaft

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 31-December 11

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

I'm glad Cedric has finally opened his eyes on the truth. Omar looks pretty damn rotten now.

#33 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2104 posts
  • Joined 24-July 06

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Going to listen to Cassandra Gemini as loud as possible and pretend I didn't read this

#34 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2104 posts
  • Joined 24-July 06

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

IT'S NOT WORKING :death:

#35 neverminding

neverminding

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 14-April 10

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

It struck me as really odd today reading the Bosnian Rainbows press release on the new single how Omar cites Deantoni as his catalyst to collaborate with others. He was surrounded by incredible musicians for years that he refused to let contribute and now it's a different story. I bet that doesn't make Cedric feel too good.

I'm not criticizing Omar's choices. He's a talented genius and eccentric in his own right.

#36 Jehu

Jehu

I like to drive

• Members
  • 6105 posts
  • Joined 03-November 08
  • Interests:Mostly driving
  • Twitter

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

Fuck, I need a cigarette.

#37 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

WHAT IS MY PROBLEM??

• Members
  • 8846 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11
    gang bangin

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

It struck me as really odd today reading the Bosnian Rainbows press release on the new single how Omar cites Deantoni as his catalyst to collaborate with others. He was surrounded by incredible musicians for years that he refused to let contribute and now it's a different story. I bet that doesn't make Cedric feel too good.

I'm not criticizing Omar's choices. He's a talented genius and eccentric in his own right.

hotdog/noisecore/shareeb was right. Deantoni is Omar's Yoko Ono

#38 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

WHAT IS MY PROBLEM??

• Members
  • 8846 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11
    gang bangin

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

Desi ‏@BeDeRo88
@cedricbixler_ i'm going to a Bosnian Rainbows show, ill sneak up see Omar n demand to know y he is being a dictator he promised not to be!
Retweeted by Cedric Bixler Zavala

#39 sleepwell

sleepwell

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Joined 08-February 10

I'll never forget the feeling I had the first time I listened to De-Loused. Just fucking mind blowing. I really wish they would have toured this year with D on drums. Would have been nice to hear what he could do with the previous songs. Anyway this really sucks. Never been really beat up over a band breaking up. I never really new anyone who loved them like me....or could even listen to them. So they always seemed to be a piece in my life that was truly mine in my own little world, if that makes any sense.

Also would like to thank Cedric for opening up and letting people know what is going on.

#40 woodwell

woodwell

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Joined 10-May 05

Maybe a badass band of Cedric, Jon, Juan and Ikey could form. If that happened I wouldn't even give a shit about the Volta anymore or anything Omar is up too. I just heard the first studio release of Bosnian Rainbows and just don't care for it at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users