IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Cedric's restraining order on Pridgen?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
488 replies to this topic

#61 IVeilCerpinTaxtI

IVeilCerpinTaxtI

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3317 posts
  • Joined 01-February 05
  • Interests:Drums, Bass, Music...
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:36 AM

Man...I thought weed was supposed to prevent this type of shit?

And yes, this is all simply hearsay. Everyone stop sucking one party's dick. We really don't have any concrete facts at all. One side supposedly is violent while the other appears not to have fulfilled a contract agreement, but we really don't know. Seems like both parties might need to work out a lot of stupid, avoidable shit.

#62 feelsgoodman

feelsgoodman

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5212 posts
  • Joined 04-June 05
  • Interests:MUSIC

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

theory plz confirm

Posted Image

#63 6025

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:21 PM

Thomas played on cedrics record, and didn't get paid because cedric didn't use any of his tracks, ok? And I guess now is the time they discuss all the things they "didn't like about each other in the first place" on facebook

#64 SpiralingAgony

SpiralingAgony

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 20-June 09
  • Interests:Volta, Drums (haven't played in a while), Big Country (yes, the 1980s band, great group), hip-hop that isn't shiite (see Dilla, Madlib, those types of dudes), art, movies, politics, long walks on the beach (jokes, smh..)

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:49 PM

i love how some people are picking cedric's side and bashing tp, and how some people are picking tp's side. the reason i love that is because no one has any idea whats going on and people are picking favorites for no apparent reason besides "i like this guy more". cool. the only thing we should be talking about is how annoying it is that this band feels it necessary to not let their fans know anything, ever, regardless of it's relevance. all it does is cause harmful speculation which. in my experience in looking back, has never done anything but hurt the band's image in some way

agreed

however, I think that Cedric and wife should find themselves above this internet palaver. IMHO

#65 sier

sier

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Joined 29-May 04

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

Thomas played on cedrics record, and didn't get paid because cedric didn't use any of his tracks, ok? And I guess now is the time they discuss all the things they "didn't like about each other in the first place" on facebook

/thread

#66 TheManMachine

TheManMachine

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 242 posts
  • Joined 09-August 06

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:07 PM

who'd want to see volta without theodore anyway?

:D it's such a pity that he of all the drummers wasn't getting along with omar and the guys. IMO (attention!) he was the perfect fit.

#67 Year300

Year300

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 07-July 08

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:39 PM

i love how some people are picking cedric's side and bashing tp, and how some people are picking tp's side. the reason i love that is because no one has any idea whats going on and people are picking favorites for no apparent reason besides "i like this guy more". cool. the only thing we should be talking about is how annoying it is that this band feels it necessary to not let their fans know anything, ever, regardless of it's relevance. all it does is cause harmful speculation which. in my experience in looking back, has never done anything but hurt the band's image in some way

You're wrong on multiple points, but thanks for playing.

Man...I thought weed was supposed to prevent this type of shit?

And yes, this is all simply hearsay. Everyone stop sucking one party's dick. We really don't have any concrete facts at all. One side supposedly is violent while the other appears not to have fulfilled a contract agreement, but we really don't know. Seems like both parties might need to work out a lot of stupid, avoidable shit.

True to some extent, but as someone else already pointed out: since TMV are on a hiatus for much of 2010, expect to see many of these types of threads and discussions.

I hope this is the case. Then I hope Cedric releases his record including TP's track, just to spite him. Although the mythical weed story sounds legit too...

who'd want to see volta without theodore anyway?

:D it's such a pity that he of all the drummers wasn't getting along with omar and the guys. IMO (attention!) he was the perfect fit.

You and every other guy 'round here are on that boat. And riding it through totally unrelated waters.

Personally, I'm going TEAM CEDRIC

#68 6025

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:07 PM

^yea except uh, supposedly they wouldnt want to tell anyone because its about weed?

did you happen to read this stupid ass thread title?

#69 Omar+Cedric=God

Omar+Cedric=God

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 17-February 09

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:13 PM

These types of threads are going to kill me.

#70 Bane Fubar

Bane Fubar

Twat.

• Members
  • 32781 posts
  • Joined 16-February 07

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

I'm going with Victor's analysis on this one.

Understanding human psychology is all about studying behavioral patterns. It doesn't take "all the facts" or some post-drama-storm interviews to see what has transpired since the canceled show in October.

#71 Bane Fubar

Bane Fubar

Twat.

• Members
  • 32781 posts
  • Joined 16-February 07

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:35 PM

aslo agreed

edit: holy mackerel! sorry, kids, I don't even remember typing this, what an unfortunate drunken spewing.... apologies o those whose eyes I have offeneded with this buffoonery... that is all.

#72 SpiralingAgony

SpiralingAgony

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 20-June 09
  • Interests:Volta, Drums (haven't played in a while), Big Country (yes, the 1980s band, great group), hip-hop that isn't shiite (see Dilla, Madlib, those types of dudes), art, movies, politics, long walks on the beach (jokes, smh..)

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

yes, I oooze WIN, every minute of the day... =)

#73 vacuumo

vacuumo

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:53 PM

hahaha as shitty as it is for us to be caring about these personal things, TP is mad immature. and i guess it's not like he's keeping things quiet.

#74 Grazzhoppa

Grazzhoppa

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined 27-March 09

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:20 PM

Victor: honestly dude you just sound like someone trying to be smart but isn't.

#75 Hawtsalsarluver

Hawtsalsarluver

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Joined 15-May 07

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:28 PM

ohhh tough guy

#76 Victor

Victor

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2537 posts
  • Joined 03-January 09

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

Uh-huh, Grazzhoppa, so tell me where I'm wrong if you're smart enough to tell how dumb I am. If I wanted a critique of the way I write I'd post this in Provocs.

To the kids upset about Thomas' leaving, I'd ask you to consider the strongly voiced anti-sexist views we hear Omar and Cedric voicing again and again in their interviews and tell me just how long you'd expect a kid to last in this band whose best rebuttal is to call someone a woman as if it's an insult, even in the best of all circumstances? Even if people are perfectly musically compatible, they still have to get along really well to virtually live together for long months on end, and honestly, unless either Cedric's or Thomas' worldview were to drastically change, I really think this falling out would have happened sooner or later regardless of money or weed. Just read their words and it's obvious they live in really different universes, and though occasionally gaps like this can be bridged in time, I just don't see it happening here. Omar, to his credit, is being very respectful about the whole situation and seems to have genuine affection for Thomas, but I think this was just a bad match for all involved and it's too bad it's become so publicly nasty, but I think that says something about the degree of emotions involved around some issues that seem really important to both sides.

#77 Hawtsalsarluver

Hawtsalsarluver

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Joined 15-May 07

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:31 PM

Victor = A+ poster in my book

(Not Sarcasm)

#78 Victor

Victor

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2537 posts
  • Joined 03-January 09

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:37 PM

Thank you, Hawt Latin Cedric. Give Omarino a big kiss for me, 'kay? I really miss your illustrated adventures. (that was a joke. I know the Hawt Salsa Page is gone for good, but do still miss it. Jon Theodore resurrecting Cedric from the dead after the whole Davey Incident was funnier than the real Cedric v Thomas Wars).

#79 SpiralingAgony

SpiralingAgony

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 20-June 09

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:18 PM

To the kids upset about Thomas' leaving, I'd ask you to consider the strongly voiced anti-sexist views we hear Omar and Cedric voicing again and again in their interviews and tell me just how long you'd expect a kid to last in this band whose best rebuttal is to call someone a woman as if it's an insult, even in the best of all circumstances? Even if people are perfectly musically compatible, they still have to get along really well to virtually live together for long months on end, and honestly, unless either Cedric's or Thomas' worldview were to drastically change, I really think this falling out would have happened sooner or later regardless of money or weed. Just read their words and it's obvious they live in really different universes, and though occasionally gaps like this can be bridged in time, I just don't see it happening here. Omar, to his credit, is being very respectful about the whole situation and seems to have genuine affection for Thomas, but I think this was just a bad match for all involved and it's too bad it's become so publicly nasty, but I think that says something about the degree of emotions involved around some issues that seem really important to both sides.

well-put, old boy..

#80 pentahedron

pentahedron

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Joined 14-June 09

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:47 PM

I think everyone needs to sit back, take a hit, and relax. Maybe then the whole situation will blow over

Get it!?

:D

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users