IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez' emotional past year

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 SolarGambling69

SolarGambling69

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
  • Interests:Kantutan

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

http://www.mtvhive.c...odriguez-lopez/

#2 SolarGambling69

SolarGambling69

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

well, more of the same, basically.

#3 scorpio

scorpio

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5092 posts
  • Joined 13-June 05

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

That's exactly what I thought after I read this... same old same old.

#4 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

#StillNoAnswers

• Members
  • 9065 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

I know some of this is personal, but it happened publicly, so it seems fair to ask: When Cedric quit the Mars Volta, he did so on Twitter. Do you have regrets about how that went down?

I generally don’t have regrets in life, in general. I think things are happening given the tools we have at the time, and we learn from everything that happens to us. Do I wish I had been more communicative? You can always; that’s sort of a slippery slope. But to me, I love the guy. I’ll always respect and honor any decision he makes, and the way he goes about it, even if I don’t understand it at the time. I have true love for him. I feel like I have – not a grasp on it, but a feeling about overall life, and the feeling that is life. I’m okay with things. I know that there’s always light. I’ve been through the worst thing I could go through. That put so many things in my life, or my attitude towards life, in such a different perspective.

I wish he'd stop dodging this question lol

#5 BigMuff

BigMuff

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Joined 01-June 06

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

"[...] one of the main things my mother taught me was to finish what I started."

:blink:

#6 maniac

maniac

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Joined 09-July 04

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

this flowery attitude of his in these recent interviews really fucking bums me out for some reason...(im a cynic and this is just my opinion)  he's all blissed out on BR i guess but i dunno, comes off as "killing you with kindness" imo.

#7 Lantros

Lantros

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Joined 30-September 09

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

Omar is just a nice person? :ohmy:  He´s not the devil in disguise, because he screwed up TMV? :ohmy: How can we be mad about him, if he only talks nice about cedric.

C´mon Omar. Look at cedric and his wife. They really know, how to talk shit about people theys once called "best friends".

tsss...Omar is a real amteur.

#8 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

The joke is INSIDE the joke!

• Members
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

The reason he keeps dodging the question is because he has no idea WTF is going on. And I don't mean that as some snide jab at him, I mean literally - I know it's personal info but I feel obliged to share the fact that Omar and Cedric hadn't shared a freaking PHONE CALL before during or after or since the whole twitter-gate.

#9 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • 6855 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

I'm pretty sure he has an idea of what's going on - he set TMV and Cedric aside indefinitely to form Bosnian Rainbows.  He can say all the nice things he wants about Cedric in interviews but that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't want to work with him.

#10 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5836 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

The reason he keeps dodging the question is because he has no idea WTF is going on. And I don't mean that as some snide jab at him, I mean literally - I know it's personal info but I feel obliged to share the fact that Omar and Cedric hadn't shared a freaking PHONE CALL before during or after or since the whole twitter-gate.

Well Omar is busy having SO MUCH FUN!  How can he have time to call....also 22 year old?  I mean who would have time for anything

#11 Pongo

Pongo

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1108 posts
  • Joined 09-September 04

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

"[...] one of the main things my mother taught me was to finish what I started."

He finished the Mars Volta, didn't he?

#12 BigMuff

BigMuff

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Joined 01-June 06

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

He finished the Mars Volta, didn't he?

Also the TMV book, the TMV bio/live DVD, his salsa album and lots of other projects

#13 Pongo

Pongo

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1108 posts
  • Joined 09-September 04

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Also the TMV book, the TMV bio/live DVD, his salsa album and lots of other projects

He was making a salsa album?

#14 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • 6855 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

Omar and Cedric both have their reasons for what happened.  I'm not trying to criticize Omar for that, I just think the picture he's painting in interviews is quite different from the reality of the situation.  He has acted totally oblivious to why Cedric did what he did in every interview and he acts like he has no problems with Cedric whatsoever, which clearly isn't the case.

#15 BigMuff

BigMuff

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Joined 01-June 06

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

He was making a salsa album?

Yeah, but it'll probably never get released.

#16 SolarGambling69

SolarGambling69

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

Omar and Cedric both have their reasons for what happened.  I'm not trying to criticize Omar for that, I just think the picture he's painting in interviews is quite different from the reality of the situation.  He has acted totally oblivious to why Cedric did what he did in every interview and he acts like he has no problems with Cedric whatsoever, which clearly isn't the case.

Completely agree. It's like Omer is sweeping shit under the rug. It's likely he'll eventually spill the beans 2 years from now: that he and Cedric want to kill each other actually.

#17 Lantros

Lantros

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Joined 30-September 09

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

And you think it would be a great idea to discuss personal problems with a friend in interviews?

#18 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • 6855 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

That's not the point whatsoever.  The point is that he's painting himself to be oblivious and innocent in interviews.  Again, not that he necessarily did anything "wrong" since they both have their own reasons and perspectives, but he clearly didn't want to work with Cedric anymore and formed BR with the intention of only focusing on that in the foreseeable future.  He is really the one that broke up TMV even if he refuses to publicly say so.  It's just annoying to hear/read him act totally oblivious in interview after interview and act like TMV ending is a surprise to him.  There's even a video of him talking to the audience during a BR showing saying something along the lines of "this is my band, don't ask me about The Mars Volta".  He doesn't have to go into personal details about why him and Cedric are distant now, but damn I wish he would just be honest for once and admit that he didn't want to work with Cedric so he formed BR instead.

#19 Pongo

Pongo

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1108 posts
  • Joined 09-September 04

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

He doesn't have to go into personal details about why him and Cedric are distant now, but damn I wish he would just be honest for once and admit that he didn't want to work with Cedric so he formed BR instead.

What if the reasons are personal?

#20 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5836 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

He doesn't have to go into personal details about why him and Cedric are distant now, but damn I wish he would just be honest for once and admit that he didn't want to work with Cedric so he formed BR instead.

What if the reasons are personal?

Mataxia addressed that.  Omar doesn't have to specify why or how, but to act like he never saw it coming is not exactly being honest.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users