IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Help me learn about a TMV shirt image?I'm looking for more information about an image on an old TMV shirt.

clothing art the mars volta miranda

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 weird fishes

weird fishes

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 12-October 07

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:38 PM

Pisacis (Phra-Men-Ma)

I bought this t-shirt from the Mars Volta store several, several years ago, I think right after Frances dropped. It's literally my favorite shirt ever and since it won't last forever, I'm thinking about possibly getting it tattooed on me somewhere.

It was labeled as Pisacis (Phra-Men-Ma) when I bought it, but I've never seen it again online anywhere. I was curious to learn more about the image, the artist, what it might mean in context to Frances the Mute or Miranda...

Any info would be awesome! Thanks!

#2 scorpio

scorpio

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4962 posts
  • Joined 13-June 05

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:30 AM

Back in the day there was a design a TMV t-shirt contest. Various posters here at the comatorium entered their artwork and few were chosen to be made into shirts and the rest of us here bought the shirts if we liked them. I too have that shirt. (At Least I think I still have it) it was created by sgriska who is an awesome artist who works in a variety of mediums. (Media?) I forget the other name she uses. I'll get back to you in a minute.

Oh yeah the name user name she uses now is Egle. She doesn't post here as much anymore, but send her a PM. She is a very nice, gracious lady and would be happy to know someone was still rocking that shirt.

#3 oranjeguice

oranjeguice

Dead Palace

• Coma Donor
  • Pip
  • 246 posts
  • Joined 07-July 05

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:16 AM

I'm happy that community tshirt contest was a thing, although I forget what it was called. I saw someone at a Bosnian Rainbows show a couple years ago wearing a shirt from the contest—I think it had a person wearing a red bandana over their face, with some train tracks receding into the distance...

#4 weird fishes

weird fishes

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 12-October 07

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:54 AM

Badass! Thanks for the info. I'll ping her and ask more about it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clothing, art, the mars volta, miranda

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users