IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

ZAVALAZCedric Bixler Zavala, Dan Elkan, Greg Rogove & Juan Alderete.

• Please log in to reply
2243 replies to this topic

#2241 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2993 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:46 PM

yeah he's not on aranas. i think the only things he's on are SNIL and solid state, on those jam tracks. cedric should just get omar to redo the bass parts

Juan is almost definitely on a couple of tracks on both Aranas and Cell Phone Bikini. We have discussed this quite a bit in respective album threads, if you know his bass tone you can't mistake him for any other bassist.

#2242 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5079 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:51 PM

Pretty sure the Aranas bass and drums were, at least in parts, recorded on a live track too.

#2243 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4541 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 23 August 2018 - 01:58 AM

I still can't quite believe that Omar went out of his way to rerecord Juan's parts from a live recording, but well there you go.

I don't blame Omar for wanting to get the truest possible representations of his songs out there. It's likely those Vato negro songs started as bass lines, so it makes sense that he would give them special attention. However I will agree, listening back, the bass sounds a little "lost" at points, probably because it was pasted on after the fact, and the drumming isn't exactly easy to follow. But we don't have the original to compare it to (in good quality). For all we know the soundboard audio of the bass was f'ed up, and this is the only reason it isn't there.

#2244 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3220 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:45 AM

I still can't quite believe that Omar went out of his way to rerecord Juan's parts from a live recording, but well there you go.

I don't blame Omar for wanting to get the truest possible representations of his songs out there. It's likely those Vato negro songs started as bass lines, so it makes sense that he would give them special attention. However I will agree, listening back, the bass sounds a little "lost" at points, probably because it was pasted on after the fact, and the drumming isn't exactly easy to follow. But we don't have the original to compare it to (in good quality). For all we know the soundboard audio of the bass was f'ed up, and this is the only reason it isn't there.

idk about that vato negro comment, namely because of the similarity between uno and that first track from the 2010 metamorphose show. it seems very omar, i wouldnt be surprised if that record stemmed from jams between the three of them or some kind of collaborative process. i do agree that the bass sounds off or something on cthp

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users