IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

The Mars Volta will play again2015

• Please log in to reply
4303 replies to this topic

#4301 swoonlp

swoonlp

Underneath the surface

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3543 posts
  • Joined 12-October 13

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:36 PM

You know exactly why.

#4302 never

never

"sOMETIMES"

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 12-September 18
  • Interests:Cobbling space-time into some sort of pudding or refillable mason jar

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:30 PM

Unrestricted creative freedom :wub:

#4303 issordni

issordni

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4998 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Cats and foxes.

Posted Yesterday, 07:07 AM

Beautiful.

#4304 fora_de_coma

fora_de_coma

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined 14-April 14

Posted Yesterday, 08:46 PM

for some reason that rant points out to them playing deloused and frances... no one forces them not to play Interalia in full + napoleon solo and one armed scissor on ATDI shows, but i doubt anyone would wanna see that. also it's the guy from the same band who barely played anything from their new ep... SAD!

Totally different. At the drive in broke up like a unfinished band first at all, and also is a punk band and you are supposed to repeat more songs, but if you take a look in the european tour that they did last winter, you'll notice that actually they make some changes in the sets. They balance what they want to play with what audience expects, like any band in the world, I would say.

But Volta is a different story. The story of the band is more solid, with a proper discography, who basically changed in each fase, for me it's not strange if they come back like to return from where they left. But if they do like the first year to play the oldies and the one second year to play new material I won't found it strange as well. Also it depends of what they want to do or who they want to bring again to the line up, especially the drummers. And Cedric likes to tease so it's a way to perceive what their audience expect. I'm not sure that if they play de-loused and frances it means easy money, at the least the way that we expect, which is expensive to do with a big line up, etc and of course they are not here to lost money in their 40's, which is pretty understandable. Honestly I don't see Omar interested in doing again 3 hour sets with Cedric to achieve that as well, and they are not dumb and they don't want to screw up their legacy. So it needs to be well planned.

Personally my only desire is that the band could be relevant again and in a good shape.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 1 anonymous users

chris_b