IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

De Facto, live

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5865 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:03 AM

I'm still not satisfied...

09-12?/2000 - Mario C session

Now that I found the official announcement I linked in my earlier post, I believe the initial Mario C session was in Dec/January 2000/01. It's possible they did not continue after they came back because of TMV.

2/21/2001 - ATDI play their last show go on "indefinite hiatus" days later

03/2001 - De Facto EU Tour

03/2001 - The two track demo with Blake is recorded

03/2001 - AMD is recorded

03/2001 - Absence is recorded

03/19/2001 - 456132015 is released

They were touring in Europe until March 15th 2001. It's impossible they recruited Blake, rehearsed, wrote and recorded the first single, AMD and Absence within 2 weeks of them returning from that tour. I'd say all that happened at least from April onwards.

09/2001 - Tremulant is recorded

probably not recorded in September. They needed some time to write and rehearse the material with Jon. The booklet says October / December 2001. It's safe to assume the actual recording session happened in October before they left for the first tour.

Summer 02 - "Summer Demo Sessions"

2002-2003 - The Mansion session AKA Deloused AKA DAMN I WANNA BE RICK RUBIN

2002-2003 - Ambuletz is recorded in a separate session from Deloused.

DITC sessions started right after the string of shows in the beginning of October 2002 after "two months of pre-production" (Summer Demos?). I believe they were done by January 2003 when they started doing those low key performances with De Facto / just Omar & Jon in California before leaving for their EU tour in March. Also, it already leaked on Feb 1st. So Ambuletz was probably January 2003.

09-12?/2000 - Mario C session

Now that I found the official announcement I linked in my earlier post, I believe the initial Mario C session was in Dec/January 2000/01. It's possible they did not continue after they came back because of TMV.

The Mario C session has to line up with ATDI's last tour.  I know they had November shows as that was when the bus flipped and January was the infamous BDO show.  It makes me think the session was earlier in 2000 than later.

2/21/2001 - ATDI play their last show go on "indefinite hiatus" days later

03/2001 - De Facto EU Tour

03-07/2001 - The two track demo with Blake is recorded

03-07/2001 - AMD is recorded

03-07/2001 - Absence is recorded

03/19/2001 - 456132015 is released

They were touring in Europe until March 15th 2001. It's impossible they recruited Blake, rehearsed, wrote and recorded the first single, AMD and Absence within 2 weeks of them returning from that tour. I'd say all that happened at least from April onwards.
The 2 track demo, AMD, Absence timeline does seem suspect. It would make sense that Blake was canned post Absence as those sessions were sort of Volta sessions?  This supports why they went back to De Facto touring in July and cancelled "De Facto presents The Mars Volta" since they lost their drummer.  

09/2001 - John Shows up

probably not recorded in September. They needed some time to write and rehearse the material with Jon. The booklet says October / December 2001. It's safe to assume the actual recording session happened in October before they left for the first tour.
Early 10/2001 - Tremulant is recorded

Summer 02 - "Summer Demo Sessions"

2002-2003 - The Mansion session AKA Deloused AKA DAMN I WANNA BE RICK RUBIN

2002-2003 - Ambuletz is recorded in a separate session from Deloused.

DITC sessions started right after the string of shows in the beginning of October 2002 after "two months of pre-production" (Summer Demos?). I believe they were done by January 2003 when they started doing those low key performances with De Facto / just Omar & Jon in California before leaving for their EU tour in March. Also, it already leaked on Feb 1st. So Ambuletz was probably January 2003.

Ambuletz being recorded post DITC makes sense since Jason Lader was involved in the recording process of that track (according to the credits).  He played bass with the band during the Spring euro tour in 2003. 

This is so goddamn nerdy and I love it.

Either way 2001 was a crazy busy year.  They were running two separate bands and Omar was already deep into solo material.  Not to mention, if he recorded AMD 1 in 2001 you'd assume the footage was filmed somewhat around that time no?  

#62 A\/\/

A\/\/

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 09-December 18

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:52 AM

- Regarding ATDI tours atdisongs.com is a big, big help. They had a whole month off between Dec 16th and January 14th and the news that they started working on a De Facto LP with Mario C broke on January 17th. Suspicious, isn't it?

- Not sure if De Facto shows in July had anything to do with the firing of Blake. I thought they were in support of Megaton Shotblast that came out a few days later.

- Yes, Jason Lader totally makes sense!

- I found a report about another De Facto show in Anaheim on the day before the first TMV show!

I went to see De Facto open up for Slightly Stoopid the night before at the House of Blues in anaheim. After their set Cedric was hanging at the bar and I was drunk enough to ask him about the new band and when we were going to hear it.

He told me "We're playing tomorrow night at Chain Reaction, but no one knows about it, we're billed as De Facto". So me and a friend went and maybe 10 other people there knew about it. I don't even remember who they were opening up for. After their first song (inertiatic) people were floored, you could hear "oh my god!" and "who the fuck are these guys?!" through the crowd...we were right up front and it's still prolly the most amazing show I've ever been too...seen em prolly 12 times since and the first show is still the best.

#63 vacuumo

vacuumo

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 10 August 2019 - 02:21 AM

iirc, Jason Lader was an assistant of Rick Rubin's, or something like that. i don't think we have enough info to say when Ambuletz was recorded. however, i remember reading/hearing Omar saying that he recorded Ambuletz when Cedric had gone out to some party; if anyone can find that, then we might be able to place it better.

edit: i may be confusing Ambuletz with Teflon/A Story Teeth Rotted For.

#64 Alderetism

Alderetism

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 7671 posts
  • Joined 04-September 09
  • Interests:Peace, love and bass.

Posted 11 August 2019 - 12:23 AM

That long post misspelled "Laddio Bolocko" among De Factos influences.
So exciting to read all this info!

#65 ezionretaw

ezionretaw

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 24-April 06

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:11 AM

please, enough with the hearsay and bad-mouthing. it doesn't do any of us any good.

thank you

#66 A\/\/

A\/\/

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 09-December 18

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:34 PM

Yo, Ernie, do you know anything about additional Mario C or other post-2001 De Facto recordings?

And at the risk of coming off like a true toady, I'd like to add that my stance on the whole fans vs. noizEwater issue has not changed.

#67 ezionretaw

ezionretaw

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 24-April 06

Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:35 AM

Yo, Ernie, do you know anything about additional Mario C or other post-2001 De Facto recordings?

And at the risk of coming off like a true toady, I'd like to add that my stance on the whole fans vs. noizEwater issue has not changed.

Not sure if its been covered but the Mario C sessions were a point of contention that Cedric was pushing back in 2002/2003. I'm guessing that Grand Royal was going to put it out as well before they went under, but Mario C was asking too much and the recordings have stayed locked up.

From how highly both Cedric and Ikey spoke of those sessions, even I'm curious to hear them after all these years.

Perhaps someday soon they'll see the light of day. But other than that, it looks like you all have a fairly accurate timeline. Great job.

Not sure what your stance is. But I'm not really here to argue or rehash the ugly past. Lets just let sleeping dogs lay.

#68 Veni-yan Warrior

Veni-yan Warrior

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3274 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:54 AM

Hey, I like that.

Are you the one with the full video of "My Life" performed live by Frusciante?

#69 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5865 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:22 AM

Not sure if its been covered but the Mario C sessions were a point of contention that Cedric was pushing back in 2002/2003. I'm guessing that Grand Royal was going to put it out as well before they went under, but Mario C was asking too much and the recordings have stayed locked up.

From how highly both Cedric and Ikey spoke of those sessions, even I'm curious to hear them after all these years.

Perhaps someday soon they'll see the light of day. But other than that, it looks like you all have a fairly accurate timeline. Great job.

Not sure what your stance is. But I'm not really here to argue or rehash the ugly past. Lets just let sleeping dogs lay.

So then its more than the EP from what I'm reading, which makes logical sense.  

Fuck it whatever man.  I said some shitty stuff.  Too few fans at this point for it to matter.  Gotta preserve the memories and whatever we can at this point.  

#70 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4356 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:41 AM

Hey, I like that.

No

#71 A\/\/

A\/\/

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 09-December 18

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:20 PM

Hey, I like that.

No

But TMV @ ATP in Long Beach 2003, right? ;)

#72 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4356 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:24 PM

Yeah

#73 olympusmons

olympusmons

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Joined 25-April 06

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:22 AM

Would to hear those Mario C sessions.

#74 A\/\/

A\/\/

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 09-December 18

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:50 PM

Interesting tidbit: There‘s a dude on Reddit who lived at Jimmy Boyle‘s studio for about a year starting in late 1999 or early 2000. Jimmy was mixing John Frusciante‘s TROWFTD album at that time, while John did his first recordings with Klinghoffer over there (before the actual Shadows Collide With People sessions started, John talked about them around the time, but they were never released, making them a Holy Grail). He remembers witnessing „the Mars Volta guys“ doing demos at Jimmy‘s, too. That was before they and JF knew each other. However, he does not want to reveal anything more. The studio was not in Burbank, so it probably was not the Roulette/Cicatriz session. Could be fucking everything, ATDI, De Facto, TMV, Omar solo stuff... this is really the first time I have heard about them recording at Jimmy Boyle‘s.

#75 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5865 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:22 AM

Interesting tidbit: There‘s a dude on Reddit who lived at Jimmy Boyle‘s studio for about a year starting in late 1999 or early 2000. Jimmy was mixing John Frusciante‘s TROWFTD album at that time, while John did his first recordings with Klinghoffer over there (before the actual Shadows Collide With People sessions started, John talked about them around the time, but they were never released, making them a Holy Grail). He remembers witnessing „the Mars Volta guys“ doing demos at Jimmy‘s, too. That was before they and JF knew each other. However, he does not want to reveal anything more. The studio was not in Burbank, so it probably was not the Roulette/Cicatriz session. Could be fucking everything, ATDI, De Facto, TMV, Omar solo stuff... this is really the first time I have heard about them recording at Jimmy Boyle‘s.

Little confused why he is being so secretive, but cool to hear there was another session.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users