IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

RadioheadI now love them

• Please log in to reply
2081 replies to this topic

#41 princess destruction

princess destruction

Custom Rank

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5375 posts
  • Joined 19-June 04

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:47 AM

Radiohead are good.

#42 giant

giant

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1811 posts
  • Joined 14-April 04
  • Interests:music, reading, and video games. I like my mind wasted.
  • Facebook

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:49 AM

Are people refering to the booklet that's hidden behind the back plate of the cd case?  I have that in my copy and everybody else I know who has it lacks that hidden booklet thingy.  If anyobdy doesnt know, it's some drawings and poetry/lyrics and stuff.

View Post

It was only included in the first so many copies of Kid A. I'm not sure of the exact number. I remember I was blown away when I found that booklet. I t'ohly didn't expect it. I started reading it like constantly, and I even wrote a song with some of the lines from that booklet.

View Post

Really, that was also limited? Weird. Well, my old copy has that 'hidden' booklet and I don't know anyone without it. But since I saw the book version for 10 I just had to get that, too.

Posted Image
http://www.ateaseweb.../kida/index.php

View Post

I probably just got bad info. I used to go to ateaseweb if only just to lurk. I don't go so much because everytime I go there's always some racist of homophobic topic going on. Makes me mad. Grrrrrrr

#43 Guest_ormi_*

Guest_ormi_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:09 PM

Karma Police is the best song. Kid A the best LP.

#44 Solaris

Solaris

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 12417 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:24 AM

i wish to purchase the most gigantic lying mouth of all time soon

#45 jerseydevilled

jerseydevilled

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04
  • Interests:music, classical guitar, philosophy, poetry, reading excessive amounts of fiction and painting/drawing.

Posted 05 February 2005 - 05:05 AM

Yeah me too, I don't have it yet but I've seen a lot of it. Anyone got Meeting People is Easy? I really like it, its very bleak, but then lots of people I know don't.

#46 Solaris

Solaris

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 12417 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 05 February 2005 - 05:17 AM

it gets a bit boring the 10th or so time, but yeah, i like it.

#47 mark_hates_screenames

mark_hates_screenames

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 14-January 05

Posted 05 February 2005 - 09:36 AM

simple and plain enough ... (bulletproof ... I wish I was) is one of my favorite songs of all time, let alone one of my favorite radiohead songs ...

#48 thoreausmyhero

thoreausmyhero

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Joined 28-July 04
  • Interests:incest.

Posted 05 February 2005 - 09:57 AM

where i end and you begin, 2+2=5... yes.... makes me cream my panties...

#49 Shitdown

Shitdown

>>>!

• Members
  • 7649 posts
  • Joined 13-July 04
  • Interests:all things

Posted 05 February 2005 - 07:11 PM

That hidden booklet is pretty cool, what with the Thom Yorkeness and such.

#50 Disappearer

Disappearer

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1903 posts
  • Joined 25-October 04

Posted 05 February 2005 - 09:28 PM

Okay, so I have made several posts here about my passionate hatred for Radiohead and the unabashed fellatio they receive from most music critics. I got Hail to the Thief and it all just seemed so pretentious. Fast forward about 6 months...

I put on Hail to the Thief again..."2+2=5" just blows me away, and "There There" is just incredible. There are a few others as well, but then I bought OK Computer to see if it was the real deal.

This was about the first week in January...so now it's Feb 1, and I own all major studio albums except for Pablo Honey, and the other 5 are probably in my top 30 as far as all albums I own. I got on this Radiohead kick and I haven't stopped all month. It's just crazy.

So since we haven't had a Radiohead topic in 2-3 months, give me your SINGLE favorite song..tough since they have done so much top-notch stuff, but I say...

"How to Disappear Completely"....so emotional, so picturesque...it's just incredible.

How bout everyone else? Anybody else had this experience with other bands?

View Post

radiohead is the best band ever. get every album of their's. you wont regret it. hmmm i guess i'll say my single favorite song is fake plastic trees.

#51 O-Rod1237

O-Rod1237

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Joined 14-July 04

Posted 07 February 2005 - 07:33 AM

Have any of you found the Com Lag or Airbag/How is my Driving? EPs at a reasonable price here in the US? I know they are imports but sometimes people get lucky...I know I can't find them at any major record store, but has anyone got one from an indie-type music store? Or would E-Bay be more the way to go on these?

The only other one I'm missing of their's that I'm semi-interested in is the I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings EP, but that just seems like a huge screw job...I mean, almost EVERY song on the damn thing appeared on their other albums? I don't really feel like paying for a THIRD version of "Morning Bell", but I have heard that "True Love Waits" is worth the $13/$14 alone...we'll see.

#52 absence vs. thin air

absence vs. thin air

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3692 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03
  • Myspace

Posted 07 February 2005 - 07:48 AM

i haven't heard com lag but i've heard some bad things. the airbag ep is pretty good although the only songs that i really like are pearly and polyetheline. i don't think buying an expensive import or searching out a cheap copy is very wise.

the live ep is definitely worth it, and not just for true love waits. try downloading the live idioteque and everything in it's right place and see if you like it.

#53 Go to bed Jessica!

Go to bed Jessica!

Ring-Mod

• Members
  • 10682 posts
  • Joined 06-December 04

Posted 07 February 2005 - 07:55 AM

The live EP is definitely worth the $$ in my opinion. True Love Waits is pretty awesome, but so is everything else on there... They are a wicked live band. I was totally blown away when I saw 'em in Sydney last year.

#54 Novinha

Novinha

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3608 posts
  • Joined 06-February 04
  • Interests:music, reading, and...angelina jolie. *grrrow*
  • Myspace

Posted 07 February 2005 - 08:55 AM

Com Lag is SOO worth the extra money. Where Bluebirds Fly (track 10) is an absolute mind-fuck to me. just make sure it's not the one with a sound defect on track 7

#55 Solaris

Solaris

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 12417 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 07 February 2005 - 10:11 AM

com lag is a bit meh. the two best songs i already had when i purchased the go to sleep cd 2.

#56 fatty_pads

fatty_pads

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4610 posts
  • Joined 10-August 03
  • Interests:playing music, listening to music, skateboaring

Posted 07 February 2005 - 12:02 PM

when my mom's boyfriend went to england he bought me the radiohead live cd. the case is way bigger than all of my other cd cases cause it came directly from england

hell of a live show though.

#57 jerseydevilled

jerseydevilled

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04
  • Interests:music, classical guitar, philosophy, poetry, reading excessive amounts of fiction and painting/drawing.

Posted 07 February 2005 - 02:07 PM

The live EP's incredible - Like Spinning Plates, The National Anthem and Dollars and Cents are so good on that.

#58 giant

giant

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1811 posts
  • Joined 14-April 04
  • Interests:music, reading, and video games. I like my mind wasted.
  • Facebook

Posted 08 February 2005 - 01:12 AM

Com Lag is something I would only recommend to those who are loyal Radiohead fans. I'm not saying it's not a good album cause it is.

#59 starshooter_13

starshooter_13

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 01-February 05
  • Interests:Myself and The Mars Volta

Posted 08 February 2005 - 01:41 AM

They are indeed owners of some fabulous material. Compare their older music with their more recent sound. You would think it's two different groups. Individual, yet both sounds are easy on the ears and absolutely amazing!

#60 O-Rod1237

O-Rod1237

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Joined 14-July 04

Posted 08 February 2005 - 04:33 AM

Well I've heard some of Com Lag and it's not the best they've ever done, I expected a lot better considering that is their most recent release, but I still haven't heard the whole thing. I have heard about the errors in some of the discs, though, and that scares me.

What I've heard from most Radiohead fans is that Airbag/How Am I Driving? is absolutely incredible. Trying to find downloads but I don't see any at the moment. However, the only place I could find this thing under $30 is eBay.

I will probably take you guys up on the live EP; I just can't believe that they didn't put more B-sides on this. Radiohead B-sides are always freakin money!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users