IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

The Mars Volta will play again2015

• Please log in to reply
5633 replies to this topic

#5601 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4965 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 30 September 2020 - 08:47 PM

Ok so this thread should become how good are we at insulting each other. Well uh, fuck you, thats all i can say

#5602 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6448 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 30 September 2020 - 09:00 PM

Ideally not but you don't ban someone for expressing opinions on fandom, the health of the board, or the viable future of the band.

This thread would be in better health if there was literally any news whatsoever about the band. That's all there is to it.

He didn't insult or threaten anyone directly, I saw only metaphors for his opinions. Grow up. This is a stupid conversation. Christ if that's trolling then you're an equal ying to his yang. Think on that.

#5603 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • 7181 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 30 September 2020 - 09:04 PM

The response to any forum concerns won't be found in moderation or come from within the forum itself.

huh?

Was suggesting a perspective on the "context" of the environment.

I'm probably wrong with that statement as an absolute. For sure moderation has a role here.

But there's moderation-like effects in the boundary we consider to be part of the moderated environment.

Like, say you want to have more fruits and veges in your family meals. But you have a family and teenage kids and they love snacks and sugars and whatever. Well one thing you can do is to moderate that behaviour: decentivize sugars, throw it in the garbage or ban it outright. That's an inwards - behaviour- looking orientation only.

The other outwards-orientation is that your moderation efforts won't have much effect if you don't consider the fact that you live beside a 7-11. So maybe you could get them excited about growing veges in the backyard, as oppose to stoping by 7-11 on the way home from school? Maybe you change your views on how pure you want your kitchen, maybe a few snacks in the pantry is okay. Or countless other possibilities that come from the perceived context/environment.

Inside-out and outside-in perspectives, towards oneself and others, both play a role in appreciating the fullness of "change" (moderation).

#5604 sanskrit

sanskrit

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts
  • Joined 20-July 09

Posted 30 September 2020 - 09:28 PM

This guy is straight up Sogyal Rinpoche.  

#5605 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4965 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 01 October 2020 - 03:28 AM

Ideally not but you don't ban someone for expressing opinions on fandom, the health of the board, or the viable future of the band.

This thread would be in better health if there was literally any news whatsoever about the band. That's all there is to it.

He didn't insult or threaten anyone directly, I saw only metaphors for his opinions. Grow up. This is a stupid conversation. Christ if that's trolling then you're an equal ying to his yang. Think on that.

He insulted directly members of the band and forum members. Who need to grow up? Its not an "opinion"

#5606 sanskrit

sanskrit

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts
  • Joined 20-July 09

Posted 01 October 2020 - 03:51 AM

He insulted directly members of the band and forum members. Who need to grow up? Its not an "opinion"

How can there be members of the band when the mars volta doesn't even exist?   

#5607 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

#StillNoAnswers

• Members
  • 9263 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11

Posted 01 October 2020 - 06:28 AM

I've never had a chimichanga and don't know whats in one

#5608 Poimandres

Poimandres

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

Posted 01 October 2020 - 07:45 AM

The problem is the material is getting repetitive... Sadric and blomar, chimichangas, gay jokes. What else ya got? I'm not above a sensible chuckle but I'd rather listen to octopus fucking cool aid then read through the same tired insults every 3 messages.

#5609 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6448 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:51 AM

I'm just laughing that he thinks insulting the band members is a bannable offence. Omar has stupid hair! Cedric can't sing! Marcel only cares about himself!

#5610 Rawr1922

Rawr1922

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Joined 17-March 19

Posted 01 October 2020 - 01:34 PM

Plot twist: Sanskrit is Cedric :daydream:

#5611 scorpio

scorpio

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5275 posts
  • Joined 13-June 05

Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:22 PM

I had one one time and didn't care for it.

#5612 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Goliath

• Members
  • 4157 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:31 PM

yeah, they're better in theory than reality

#5613 sanskrit

sanskrit

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts
  • Joined 20-July 09

Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:24 PM

Man I'm all for hating on the chimis, it's saddick that's invested most of his 401k in chimi bonds. I'm more of a tamale guy myself.   

Anyone here ever have a tamale they just can't forget about?   

It was summer of 2005 and I had just finished squeezing out a massive velveeta block of curry shits into a walmart toilet. If you've ever used walmart tp before it fucking blows and there is no way to scrape the spicy shits from your hole when your finger is constantly poking through the paper. It's like a game of trying to perfectly fit a thin pie crust atop a apple pie and every time you get it just right your finger breaks through the dough and you get your finger balls deep in some pie filling. If you've been there you understand that once I could get myself acceptably clean enough to at least put on my pants there was still a lot of tough clean up to be done at home. So I said fuck it to shopping for fucking weedeater string and headed straight for the parking lot. As I waddled/crab walked to keep my boxers from riding up my greasy crack I heard the unmistakable sound that you so often hear in walmart parking lots across the southern united states: "TAMALE" "TAMALEEEE"

Before I could even get my shit smeared ass into the driver's seat of my 2004 Ford Focus there were 2 abuelas bearing down on me tamales in hand. I knew right then I was in even deeper shit.

Abuelas. Abuelas and their parking lot tamales.

I don't think there has ever been a more dynamic duo than walmart parking lots and tamale slinging abuelas. Now I'm a white guy, that's probably why my bowels couldn't handle the Thai curry I had been oozing over at the walmart that got me into this situation to begin with. But as any white man knows, you can't say no to a parking lot abuela with fresh pork tamales. White guilt struck me like a fucking 1986 IROC blasting Van Halen from the speakers while careening into a group of catholic school kids from jersey. It'd literally be racist of me to not fork over 5 bucks for a handful of these delicious bastards. So with shakey hands I handed mis abuela cinco dolares before graciously accepting my porky bounty and sliding back into my ford focus with the daintiness of a hummingbird.    

Anyways, I shit my pants on the way home trying to eat a tamale but the tamales were so good that when I got to my driveway I just sat there in my shit and finished off the other 4 tamales.

Any tamale stories?

#5614 Rawr1922

Rawr1922

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Joined 17-March 19

Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:53 PM

yeah, they're better in theory than reality

So accurate! With a cool name & a description of ingredients,  very shocking that this item so underwhelming . Over the years, occasionally ate one due to whoever hanging out with ordered too much food then offered. Every time, disappointed. Never ordered my own chimichanga & never will! 

#5615 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

#StillNoAnswers

• Members
  • 9263 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:03 PM

OK so I Googled chimichangas and they seem like a deep fried burrito? Don't really see the point to be honest, unless your tortillas are getting a bit stale

#5616 Rawr1922

Rawr1922

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Joined 17-March 19

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:28 PM

Youre right there is no point of the changas. Just surprised, usually anything deep fried tasty. The texture/taste of the burrito so bland. Feel like you gotta smother with hot sauce, guac, or enchilada sauce to make better. At that point, might as well just order an enchilada! Enchiladas superior in every category. 

#5617 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

#StillNoAnswers

• Members
  • 9263 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:33 PM

Yeah i mean one of the benefits of a burrito is that it is portable, you would lose that with the hot tortilla and need for all the additions. Also love biting into the soft tortilla personally

I would say a quesidilla is my favourite tortilla based mexican food. If "saddick" was spending his time creating and devouring those guys o would say that's much more worthwhile than trying to write Deloused 2

#5618 Lord Galaxy

Lord Galaxy

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 179 posts
  • Joined 21-February 10
  • Interests:Wrastlin'

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:41 PM

Is this what old-ass punks sound like when they realized that the whole scene was always composed of entitled subruban 20-something brats, and they refuse to move past it even though everyone in those bands now has a family and mortgages?

#5619 Rawr1922

Rawr1922

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Joined 17-March 19

Posted 03 October 2020 - 08:46 AM

Wow Lord Galaxy , throwing reality bricks.

7 months & counting live music banned with no end in sight. Absolutely guarantee The Mars Volta play again after all this. We gonna see reemergence of many bands drooling to start playing live music again. Amazing new music + reunions be released from thousands of hours of isolation. Definitely predict a full on renaissance of art, music, film , literature, education, you name it. May not happen for a while nevertheless stay excited for the future

#5620 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Joined 27-April 09

Posted 03 October 2020 - 09:47 AM

but i really like octopus kool aid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users