IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Have Your SaySeriously there is no reason to close this

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 MeccaRoy

MeccaRoy

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1667 posts
  • Joined 05-February 07

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:50 AM

People the mods are taking away our right to post new topics that actually mean something.

Post here you argument. There is no reason to close this. Yes we could put it in the site suggestions section but who really looks there.

Dont let them WIN

#2 southern man

southern man

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 19-December 05

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:52 AM

closed in.... ten seconds.

#3 XaeroX18

XaeroX18

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
  • Joined 15-September 04

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:53 AM

close this

#4 MeccaRoy

MeccaRoy

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1667 posts
  • Joined 05-February 07

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:54 AM

dont give in to them......

#5 CUNTALOUPE

CUNTALOUPE

Xochiquetzal Brunhild

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8541 posts
  • Joined 15-March 05

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:54 AM

drunkship maybe?

and what topics?

#6 MeccaRoy

MeccaRoy

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1667 posts
  • Joined 05-February 07

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:55 AM

The topic lvl42 started about the main forum

STE is afraid......he is afraid of the power that we all have....together we can win

#7 jTrippy

jTrippy

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Joined 26-August 07

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:56 AM

I sort of have to agree -- there's so many closed topics and subcategorization and bullshit... it's hard to keep track. Someone posts a perfectly legit thread and instead of a discussion ensuing, you get a half dozen people noting that it's in the wrong subforum. Look at the sheer number of closed topics on this forum! You can't talk about the new album on this forum -- that's for Shrouded in Veils. You can't talk about Omar's new solo stuff -- that's for side projects. You can't talk about the new concert -- that's for Rapturous verbatim. All you can do is rehash the same old shit. It's retarded.

#8 wolveman

wolveman

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Joined 26-February 05

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:57 AM

I don't think they've done that bad of a job.
Oh and TMV > jo mama

I don't think they've done a bad job either, but I support the right to choose.

yes
none of the mods are doing a bad job, but a better job can be done
right too choose ftw

It looks good here, but really, all we would get is a thousand votes for Macho Bullshit.

Does anybody actually want that?

I'm not saying this just so I can stay a moderator, either. I actually don't know how long I'm even going to stay on this board, let alone be a moderator.

But anyway, as far as a manifesto goes, there is a suggestions section.

Also, about the listening party thread. That whole thing was a big mistake by me. I'm sorry for taking it being rigid with the rules on it when I didn't need to be. I don't really think that my whole "term" as a moderator should be judged solely on that. I think that certain aspects of this section have really improved since seyon and I started becoming more strict. Of course, some people would rather it all be uncontrolled, but that would be awful, I think.

I sometimes get chastised for making too big a deal out of this moderator thing, but I personally feel that most of those people are the ones taking what I moderated too seriously. I don't view this as my occupation. It's not my job, in a strict sense. I just get rid of shit.

But it doesn't really mean much coming from me, does it? I'm the one who is sort of getting insulted. I mean, I know it's not directly an insult, but whatevs.

NO HATE going your way STE. Like I said before, you guys aren't doing a bad job. In fact, I think you are doing a pretty good job, and you guys are pretty cool people (as far as one can tell from a forum). I just support freedom of choice.

None of that was meant as an insult, at least not from me.

#9 MeccaRoy

MeccaRoy

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1667 posts
  • Joined 05-February 07

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:57 AM

thank you....

#10 beefstew

beefstew

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1386 posts
  • Joined 06-November 06

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:58 AM

STE EXecute him

NOW!

#11 Renz Talk End

Renz Talk End

Scrape your knee, it is only skin

• Members
  • 5162 posts
  • Joined 06-February 05

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:04 AM

Well, it's been like that since long before I became a moderator.

And I HATE when people say "Don't move this to where it should go! Nobody looks there!"

If nobody looks into a place like site suggestions, then they obviously don't care that much. It's right at the top of the page.

Do you want me to resign as moderator? Is that something that would please you all? Because I am willing to do that. I'm tired of this sort of shit. Every single decision I make as a moderator gets picked apart by a bunch of people. It's a message board. What the fuck does it matter? Without the subforums, this whole place would be a mess. I was here when those rules weren't really followed, and it led to a lot of confusion. Really, is it that fucking hard to find the right subforum to put something? Everything here is very logical.

The discussion of the new album is put in Shrouded because that's where spoiler topics go. Some people don't want to know anything about the new album. Side projects? Requested. By YOU. Rapturous Verbatim is a great place to collect all of the information needed about concerts. Have you all seen a forum where there are no subforums? They're complete messes. It would be impossible to find anything here without them. Threads would get forgotten and remade over and over and over again. Why go through that?

What are you all trying to win, anyway? What sort of game is this? I'm not afraid of anything. You all can't do shit to me. I'm here, a moderator of small status on a message board for a band. This is nothing serious. I don't know what you want. For us to take this place less serious? Done. I don't think I could take it any less seriously. But without the adherence to certain guidelines, this place will turn into Inertiatic. I don't think anybody wants that.

#12 vanzetti

vanzetti

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1280 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:07 AM

i would hate for the main forum to become drunkship.

#13 Bambii

Bambii

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3492 posts
  • Joined 21-August 07

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:07 AM

STE is the MAN

I dont care what you close down as long as its REALLY pointless

Move this to like Drunkship or somethin...

#14 MeccaRoy

MeccaRoy

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1667 posts
  • Joined 05-February 07

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:08 AM

seriously it just seems sometimes there are certain topics that just get smashed closed for no reason. just let them sink to the bottom of the thread sea man. no need to put the power hammer over anything. there are some good threads made and just because you dont like them doesn't mean you have to close them. you may not approve of them but other people might. This isn't your board man. its everyones.

#15 wolveman

wolveman

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Joined 26-February 05

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:09 AM

Some one proposed mod elections, I said I supported choice. I think you do a good job, and I think the forum's a lot better off with you as a mod than most other members. I don't think there is a movement to get you to resign. Chill about that.

Thanks.

Edit: This post is directed in the general direction of Sense Talk End.

#16 Bambii

Bambii

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3492 posts
  • Joined 21-August 07

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:10 AM

Some one proposed mod elections, I said I supported choice. I think you do a good job, and I think the forum's a lot better off with you as a mod than most other members. I don't think there is a movement to get you to resign. Chill about that.

Thanks.

word, buddeh

#17 Renz Talk End

Renz Talk End

• Members
  • 5162 posts
  • Joined 06-February 05

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:13 AM

I sort of have to agree -- there's so many closed topics and subcategorization and bullshit... it's hard to keep track. Someone posts a perfectly legit thread and instead of a discussion ensuing, you get a half dozen people noting that it's in the wrong subforum. Look at the sheer number of closed topics on this forum! You can't talk about the new album on this forum -- that's for Shrouded in Veils. You can't talk about Omar's new solo stuff -- that's for side projects. You can't talk about the new concert -- that's for Rapturous verbatim. All you can do is rehash the same old shit. It's retarded.

I commented on the subcategories, but let's take a look at the closed topics. Let's look at how many there are on the front page, and why they were closed.

8. That's a pretty good amount. But why were they closed?

1. lv42's thread. Well, this thread negates the closing of that thread, since I've decided to leave this one open.

2. The New Tracks - Thread made by a person wanting to discuss the new tracks. Could have easily searched the forum to find the TBIG section. Although I do think there should be some official announcement telling people where to go.

3. OH MY GOD! - Spam thread.

4. The Mars Volta Wikipedia entry - Thread about a little edit to the Wiki page that said "We love you all." There's nothing to discuss.

5. Ultimate-Guitar.com Article - They were posting information more than likely gathered from this site. All old news.

6. Cedric on Dancing with the Starts - .....

7. Early Leak..... - Thread about OiNK being raided.

8. Two Questions for Theory - Two questions that he probably can't answer, both in regards to TBIG, and they already have threads in the TBIG section.

I don't see any bullshit censorship here.

#18 Cyggy

Cyggy

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 19667 posts
  • Joined 11-March 07
  • Interests:Music, Music, Music! c0ma pwny

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:15 AM

point is taken and stored.

#19 Bambii

Bambii

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3492 posts
  • Joined 21-August 07

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:16 AM

I commented on the subcategories, but let's take a look at the closed topics. Let's look at how many there are on the front page, and why they were closed.

8. That's a pretty good amount. But why were they closed?

1. lv42's thread. Well, this thread negates the closing of that thread, since I've decided to leave this one open.

2. The New Tracks - Thread made by a person wanting to discuss the new tracks. Could have easily searched the forum to find the TBIG section. Although I do think there should be some official announcement telling people where to go.

3. OH MY GOD! - Spam thread.

4. The Mars Volta Wikipedia entry - Thread about a little edit to the Wiki page that said "We love you all." There's nothing to discuss.

5. Ultimate-Guitar.com Article - They were posting information more than likely gathered from this site. All old news.

6. Cedric on Dancing with the Starts - .....

7. Early Leak..... - Thread about OiNK being raided.

8. Two Questions for Theory - Two questions that he probably can't answer, both in regards to TBIG, and they already have threads in the TBIG section.

I don't see any bullshit censorship here.

Some of us support you, STE

#20 Renz Talk End

Renz Talk End

• Members
  • 5162 posts
  • Joined 06-February 05

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:18 AM

seriously it just seems sometimes there are certain topics that just get smashed closed for no reason. just let them sink to the bottom of the thread sea man. no need to put the power hammer over anything. there are some good threads made and just because you dont like them doesn't mean you have to close them. you may not approve of them but other people might. This isn't your board man. its everyones.

I try letting stupid threads die, but in my experience, people keep posting in them and posting in them until they become really, really stupid (The monster of a TBIG thread.) People can say that it was fun, but that's what Drunkship is for. It's much, much easier to just close the threads. As far as closing a thread that other people would approve of, all it takes is a simple PM to get me to reopen a thread, as long as there is any sort of good reason.

http://www.thecomato...showtopic=91904

Good example of such an occurrence. I closed it after the person got his answer, but Sheff wanted to know more about them, so he asked me to reopen it. That was it. I reopened it and it was done.

Almost everything you guys want can be taken care of with a PM.

EDIT: I realize some of you support me, and that's cool. I also know that nobody in here is calling for my resignation. It just seems like nobody can be pleased here. I know that some people would like for me to not be a moderator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users