IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

The Mars Volta up for Best Hard Rock Grammy**UPDATE: THEY WON**

• Please log in to reply
536 replies to this topic

#501 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13839 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:58 AM

I love how people who like TMV actually have arguments and people who like the other bands are like "My favourite band should have won because it rocks"

#502 Guest_killer7_*

Guest_killer7_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:01 AM

Damn i remember this thread fucking exploded Sunday night!

The Mars Fucking Volta won a god damn Grammy! That was a bad ass night!

#503 Eggness

Eggness

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Joined 16-September 08
  • Interests:Playing music, cooking
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:20 AM

What

The

Fuck

Stop comparing the Metallica/Jethro Tull thing to this. It's not even close to the same thing.

Fuck dat ho.

(Directed at the dumb ho ass beyotch slut cunt face bitch in the video with a penis).

#504 Lewis T

Lewis T

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1115 posts
  • Joined 01-April 05
  • Interests:Music [http://www.last.fm/user/OwlBoat]; Video-games: Final Fantasy, Zelda, Mario, Shenmue...; General Internet-ing; Pingu, Royle Family, Simpsons, Friends..some films, some books STUPID CHARACTER LIMITS.
  • Facebook
  • Myspace
  • Twitter

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:09 PM

What a stupid bitch.

#505 AngelsThanatos

AngelsThanatos

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Joined 18-July 08

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:27 PM

What

The

Fuck

Stop comparing the Metallica/Jethro Tull thing to this. It's not even close to the same thing.

Fuck dat ho.

(Directed at the dumb ho ass beyotch slut cunt face bitch in the video with a penis).

Reminds me more of the time that the Stereophonics were up for the Mercury music Prize and everyone thought they were going to win it, and then Talvin Singh won it and everyone was like, "WTF??? WHO IS TALVIN SINGH!!!??? RRAAWAWWAWWWWWWW IT'S A FIX!" And then he disappeared into obscurity, as does pretty much everyone who wins that award. XD

#506 brw0044

brw0044

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Joined 06-March 07

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:35 PM

I don't understand how one could be a tmv fan as well as a 30 seconds to mars fan...please take offense.

how old are you and your douchebag disrespect? i don't understand how one can be a tmv fan and yet behave like this.

well, I'm 23 and my douchebag disrespect is ancient...behave like what? stating the fact that 30 seconds to mars sucks? its easy - 30 seconds to mars sucks!

#507 LouisGilbrook

LouisGilbrook

oh..

• Members
  • 5599 posts
  • Joined 27-November 08
  • Interests:You.

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

I don't understand how one could be a tmv fan as well as a 30 seconds to mars fan...please take offense.

how old are you and your douchebag disrespect? i don't understand how one can be a tmv fan and yet behave like this.

well, I'm 23 and my douchebag disrespect is ancient...behave like what? stating the fact that 30 seconds to mars sucks? its easy - 30 seconds to mars sucks!

People who claim to be fans of TMV and 30 Seconds To Mars (cringe for just having to write it), are not TMV fans.

I do not mean to be disrespectful to anyone, and it is not just my opinion, TMV is honest, the other is not, that is a fact.

#508 Germán F.

Germán F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2518 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:27 PM

Lol, what a BITCH.

I don't think she was a bitch, I actually thought she was pretty fair. She did say TMV should have been nominated, just not under the hard rock category, maybe in the alternative category, which I kind of agree with, but it doesn't matter, they won!!! She needs to get over the fact motley crue didn't win, even that band congratulated TMV.

#509 brw0044

brw0044

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Joined 06-March 07

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:38 PM

hahaha true that

I would consider tmv hard rock...or maybe intense rock. I never did understand alternative...what is 'alternative'?

#510 Eggness

Eggness

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Joined 16-September 08
  • Interests:Playing music, cooking
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

They fit under a lot of categories, but I'd definitely say that TBiG had some hard rock elements in it. The other bands were just light heavy metal/poopie diarhea.

#511 Germán F.

Germán F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2518 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:54 PM

hahaha true that

I would consider tmv hard rock...or maybe intense rock. I never did understand alternative...what is 'alternative'?

I would say that anything that doesn't fall under "pop", could be considered "alternative". I'm pretty sure everybody who's into rock music knows who rob zombie, judas priest, montley crue, and disturbed are, but I bet not a lot of people have ever even heard of TMV!

#512 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:49 PM

i don't care if 30seconds suck. it's just a question of being mature enough to post in a forum without asking ppl to take offense at childish comments.
anyway, i'm so sorry if my reaction hurt u cos i didn't mean it. ur

please take offense

-although I wasn't the one to whom it was directed- made me sick and i couldn't shut up. i also think 30secs suck, if it makes u feel better... can we now be friends and stop :starwars: ???
with love,

#513 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

Lol, what a BITCH.

I don't think she was a bitch, I actually thought she was pretty fair. She did say TMV should have been nominated, just not under the hard rock category, maybe in the alternative category, which I kind of agree with, but it doesn't matter, they won!!! She needs to get over the fact motley crue didn't win, even that band congratulated TMV.

many ppl showing off in youtube nowadays
i'd prefer a shorter & thrilling speech. her monotonous voice made me zZzZZz.
also categorizing music in established genres has never been easy; i wouldn't call tmv a "hard rock" band either, but i guess the term "alternative" fits better only because the concept is wider.

#514 90adZAP

90adZAP

Has a crush on Lisa Mullins

• Members
  • 7286 posts
  • Joined 17-March 07
  • Interests:Running<br />Listening to music<br />Writing music<br />Pondering the universe<br />Going to school<br />Eating food
  • Facebook

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:23 AM

Lol, what a BITCH.

It's funny how alternative is a genre. what is alternative? c'mon.
anyway, the mars volta are very difficult to be classified into a genre, because they sort of transcend genre
I mean, I dno if hard rock was the best fit, but neither was being nominated for a single. C'mon, TMV is not a single oriented band, thats like chapter sixteen out of lord of the rings winning a short story competition. But whatever. She has some valid points, but alternative isn't a genre, and the Mars Volta was clearly the best out of the group...and I'm not a huge motley crue fan....AT ALL

#515 seb18

seb18

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1307 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:52 AM

she needs a stick

#516 Marleyfff

Marleyfff

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Joined 09-October 03
  • Interests:Hi! well i like a lot of things

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:39 AM

^^^ah ha ha ha, yes. The Mars Volta won a Grammy! This shit is hilarious and awesome and really positive I think.

#517 Blakesto

Blakesto

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Joined 03-October 07

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:53 AM

People who claim to be fans of TMV and 30 Seconds To Mars (cringe for just having to write it), are not TMV fans.

I do not mean to be disrespectful to anyone, and it is not just my opinion, TMV is honest, the other is not, that is a fact.

So what do you call it when a person enjoys the music of both bands?

#518 Holly Money

Holly Money

#teamfuckyou

• Members
  • 14255 posts
  • Joined 10-November 08
  • Interests:tentacles

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:15 AM

Lol, what a BITCH.

lulzzz u gunna cry girl?

Underdog
hahahahahahhaha
They just gave the crappiest band the grammy so they wouldn't feel any more sad and depressed than they already felt cuz of their lack of talent. :pirate:

haha, why else would they give out a grammy?

#519 90adZAP

90adZAP

Has a crush on Lisa Mullins

• Members
  • 7286 posts
  • Joined 17-March 07
  • Interests:Running<br />Listening to music<br />Writing music<br />Pondering the universe<br />Going to school<br />Eating food
  • Facebook

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:31 AM

I think it is perfectly fine to like whatever band you want to like. I think it's really disrespectful to bash someone's taste in music like that. We get pissed when people say TMV suck but we have free reign to insult any others? Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

#520 Mothersky

Mothersky

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Joined 09-April 07

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:04 AM

Lol, what a BITCH.

It's funny how alternative is a genre. what is alternative? c'mon.
anyway, the mars volta are very difficult to be classified into a genre, because they sort of transcend genre
I mean, I dno if hard rock was the best fit, but neither was being nominated for a single. C'mon, TMV is not a single oriented band, thats like chapter sixteen out of lord of the rings winning a short story competition. But whatever. She has some valid points, but alternative isn't a genre, and the Mars Volta was clearly the best out of the group...and I'm not a huge motley crue fan....AT ALL

Wow... I just watched that whole thing...

That was some of the most retarded shit I've ever endure... I was captivated by the ignorance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users