IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Make a Bosnian Rainbows subforum

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the Comatorium include a subforum for Bosnian Rainbows? (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Comatorium include a subforum for Bosnian Rainbows?

1. Yes (31 votes [75.61%])

Percentage of vote: 75.61%

2. Voted No (10 votes [24.39%])

Percentage of vote: 24.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 ----

----

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9186 posts
  • Joined 16-December 07

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

can we get a one day as a lion sub forum? how about a free moral agents sub forum? or a sparta sub forum?

good god, quit your bitching and make it happen. the man told you he wants more br/zavalaz topics, if you really have that much br/zavalaz talk that it warrants a sub, you can come up with a few more threads instead of posting in here.

#22 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

The joke is INSIDE the joke!

• Coma Donor
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

shareeb told me to start new BR topics so I did but nobody uses them right. I feel like I'd be better off writing things like "Teri has hot toes what do you think about Spartan sexual relationships" if we had a dedicated forum to ALL side projects. Oh wait. We already do.

But seriously BR and Zavalaz are unique beasts in that they're freaking Comar and Edric. They want to move on from The Mars Volta, so let's make dedicated forums for them, and put them up with the main Mars Volta forum. (The)

As of now it's a majority of two to one, with 18 votes and I damn well say that's probably more people than ever post here in a year.

#23 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • 11656 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

We officially have a user on this forum that found this place because of Bosnian Rainbows and had no idea who TMV was before seeing them.

#24 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • 11656 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

Randomly found this site on Google last night and read a bunch of the comments on the Bosnian Rainbows. Teri Suárez's music and personality really inspire me, and I rarely listen to or appreciate any contemporary music, but her performances and art blow my mind!

I got to see them play live a couple of weeks ago in Philadelphia and Cambridge, MA and I met Teri both times after (and during the show when she came off the stage). Even got a couple of photos of me dancing with her to Turtle Neck:
DancingwithTeri1_zps03f4052a.jpgDancingwithTeri2_zps9fd7d233.jpg

She's my favorite artist in the world so it was kind of a wild experience. TeriandI_zpsf02e87a1.jpg

A few days after I saw her play in Philly, I went to see her in Cambridge, MA. She really gave a great performance there, and she recognized me in the crowd, and kept putting her arms out to me, so that was awesome. They can be pretty quick leaving after shows. They've been playing practically every day lately. It must be exhausting to do that much traveling. I wrote her a letter and gave it to her in Cambridge.

While in Cambridge, Omar and the other group members came out before Teri, and my friend beckoned me to get a picture with Omar. He's an amazing guitarist, but it's Teri Suárez who I truly admire, so I really didn't know what to say to Omar. I said the first random thing that popped into my head, which was: "Omar, you know that you look 22 years old."
photo44_zpsa536fac1.jpg

I wish I could see her play again soon, but it looks like they're in the UK, Ireland, etc. for a while, and no events near me in September or October.

#25 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • 11656 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

that's awesome dude! Just wondering, were you a fan of the mars volta beforehand?

anyone told you that you look like a white Omar? :P

I'll take that as a compliment. Not sure if Omar ever had a beard. Honestly, I didn't even know who The Mars Volta were before the concert in Philadelphia. In Philly, they were huge Omar and The Mars Volta fans, whereas in Cambridge, there was a lot of enthusiasm for the entire Bosnian Rainbows project overall, i.e., people didn't just come to see Omar.

#26 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • 11656 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

I think BR deserves its own hole on this site just as much as ATDI does. "The Brown Eye" should go right next to Invalid Litter Dept. You never know, it might draw in more of a crowd similar to the new BR fan.

#27 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Coma Donor
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

Can we do a different title? I kinda feel like that just has too much lingering sarcastic comatorium attitude to it. This isn't a pinkeye sequel, it's a respected band.

How about... Ok yea I can't think of anything else...

#28 Jehu

Jehu

I like to drive

• Members
  • 6105 posts
  • Joined 03-November 08
  • Interests:Mostly driving
  • Twitter

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

Naw Brown Eye works NARDO START ROLLING OUT THE T-SHIRTS

#29 Bruno was a CLASSIC!

Bruno was a CLASSIC!

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 29-July 13

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

Bosnian Rainbows/Le Butcherettes. You know, Le Butcherettes are coming out with a new album this year (Cry Is for the Flies). Teri told me they will be touring next year.

#30 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Coma Donor
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Bosnian Rainbows/Le Butcherettes. You know, Le Butcherettes are coming out with a new album this year (Cry Is for the Flies). Teri told me they will be touring next year.

TMV LP7 a 90-minute Jacob Jam. you heard it here first.

For their live shows, neither Omar or Cedric will look at each other.

#31 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4469 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

C'mon mods, quit being so conservative. And don't blame the users. I also run a forum, so I know how easy it is just to let things slide, and never change anything. But it's basically a no-brainer at this point. The votes in favor have crushed those not in favor, and BR are gonna release a second album any time now. I think it will be insane if all the discussion is still centralized in one monster thread when the band has two albums out and has been around for almost two years. 

#32 Bane Fubar

Bane Fubar

©ubic litre

• Members
  • 32781 posts
  • Joined 16-February 07

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

I think BR deserves its own hole on this site just as much as ATDI does. "The Brown Eye" should go right next to Invalid Litter Dept. You never know, it might draw in more of a crowd similar to the new BR fan.

Do you not have the ability to add it? 

#33 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4469 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

No, only the admin of the forum can add forums.

#34 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • 11656 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

Alright, we need suggestions for a Bosnian Rainbow subforum name in the event that it is going to be created (hint hint). Please leave some suggestions.

#35 Holly Money

Holly Money

#teamfuckyou

• Members
  • 14255 posts
  • Joined 10-November 08
  • Interests:tentacles

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:06 AM

Rosnian Bainbows

#36 Jehu

Jehu

I like to drive

• Members
  • 6105 posts
  • Joined 03-November 08
  • Twitter

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:08 AM

Shareeb are you telling me the Brown Eye t-shirts haven't been rolled out yet, cuz I'll be very upset if that's true.

#37 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • 11656 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:10 AM

If it were up to me it would have been called the Brown Eye and it would have existed months ago. Some BR fans feel like we are mocking the band with that forum title so I would like to leave it up to the die hards to give some good suggestions. 

#38 Jehu

Jehu

I like to drive

• Members
  • 6105 posts
  • Joined 03-November 08
  • Twitter

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

True, it does make sense. In all seriousness though, what about Bosnia.

#39 psychoshamanism

psychoshamanism

nada sin ti

• Members
  • 7800 posts
  • Joined 03-May 09

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

Arco Iris Masacrados

#40 Bruno was a CLASSIC!

Bruno was a CLASSIC!

Televator