IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

The Mars Volta will play again2015

• Please log in to reply
4365 replies to this topic

#4361 Veni-yan Warrior

Veni-yan Warrior

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3173 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:42 PM

i doubt they will do anything from nocto

Why?  We know Cedric wanted to tour the album more.  And it would be possible that Omar would be closer to the music now than he was in 2012.

#4362 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:43 PM

yeah i think if anything it'll be mostly deloused and noct

#4363 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted Yesterday, 02:56 PM

http://www.brooklynv...er-zavala-says/

getting to be that time...

#4364 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5129 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted Yesterday, 03:29 PM

The king is dead. And here was me either hoping that

• They were serious about being a proper band again, that interalia was a 'hey nice to see you again' record and Diamante spoke more of the future, and that future might potentially be good and interesting.  Genuinely, I wanted interalia to be the start of something new and good. Much like Noctourniquet, actually but that's a longer conversation.

• They should've never reformed (despite the obvious $$$ – I appreciate Uly and Xanth gotta eat), they released the record they had just made with Barker and toured that for a summer, let Omar gone on a proper promotional thing (and concerts) around his 23 album releases (jesus the level of wasted opportunity right there), done some Crystal Fairy gigs (as were planned(, properly invested time in Bosnian Rainbows – and one day, when it was right, just right, and not an obviously planned out two-to-three-year-cash-grab-cycle, The Mars Volta. Call me a cynic but right now I'm only interested in hearing what Omar's going to be playing in a week or so.

#4365 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3966 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted Yesterday, 04:32 PM

fuck yeah finally. 

#4366 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted Yesterday, 07:41 PM

The king is dead. And here was me either hoping that

• They were serious about being a proper band again, that interalia was a 'hey nice to see you again' record and Diamante spoke more of the future, and that future might potentially be good and interesting.  Genuinely, I wanted interalia to be the start of something new and good. Much like Noctourniquet, actually but that's a longer conversation.

• They should've never reformed (despite the obvious $$$ – I appreciate Uly and Xanth gotta eat), they released the record they had just made with Barker and toured that for a summer, let Omar gone on a proper promotional thing (and concerts) around his 23 album releases (jesus the level of wasted opportunity right there), done some Crystal Fairy gigs (as were planned(, properly invested time in Bosnian Rainbows – and one day, when it was right, just right, and not an obviously planned out two-to-three-year-cash-grab-cycle, The Mars Volta. Call me a cynic but right now I'm only interested in hearing what Omar's going to be playing in a week or so.

as much as i want this band to die so tmv can be back, i am genuinely interested to see what comes next because yeah, interalia was very by the numbers and diamante was so much more interesting. i dont think you're at all alone here in being solely interested in clouds hill next week though

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users