IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

LP7

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#161 Germn F.

Germn F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2617 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:22 AM

i wan't too keen on the one note drone or scientology either. but i really think they've run out of ways to disappoint us and this next record well it's gonna be the best one yet!

Dunno about that...
Yeah, hopefully they don’t so new tmv album, just going to be a disappointment like atdi one

I don't think I've ever been part of a fanbase where people bash the thing they are there for as much as this one. It's bizarre. Why are you even still here if that's all you have to say? Let people be excited about their favorite band coming back. Out with the old, in with the new.
Not liking something is not “bashing”. I’m not a jock sniffer who loves everything they do, like some people here. I’m still here because omar is still my favorite musician. Tmv deloused-amp era was my favorite band. The last three albums were good, but not the level of the prior three. Cedric can’t even sing good live anymore. Why do people want to see that?

#162 Poimandres

Poimandres

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:01 AM

i wan't too keen on the one note drone or scientology either. but i really think they've run out of ways to disappoint us and this next record well it's gonna be the best one yet!

Dunno about that...
Yeah, hopefully they don’t so new tmv album, just going to be a disappointment like atdi one
I don't think I've ever been part of a fanbase where people bash the thing they are there for as much as this one. It's bizarre. Why are you even still here if that's all you have to say? Let people be excited about their favorite band coming back. Out with the old, in with the new.
Not liking something is not “bashing”. I’m not a jock sniffer who loves everything they do, like some people here. I’m still here because omar is still my favorite musician. Tmv deloused-amp era was my favorite band. The last three albums were good, but not the level of the prior three. Cedric can’t even sing good live anymore. Why do people want to see that?

There's nothing wrong with enjoying some material more than other stuff. Totally understandable. But, I won't be going in to the new album assuming it's going to be disappointing. I mean, it might be, but I'm not going to kill my chickens before they hatch. Know what I mean?

#163 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10381 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:20 AM

I actually listened to the new atdi material And found it surprisingly satisfying. If you listen just to Omar, every sing is a jam. Cedric is not even that bad, meanwhile, although it's definitely a missed chance that he's singing back up himself, it would have been so easy for literally anyone else in the band to scream those parts and make the whole thing more dynamic

Keeley and omar do it live

Yeah exactly, so why not in the studio :-(

#164 earth angel

earth angel

androgynous mind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Joined 01-May 19

Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:35 PM

can you guys stop fighting. you're making karl cry!

#165 Ghost Of Shark Horse

Ghost Of Shark Horse

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1690 posts
  • Joined 15-June 15

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:01 PM

You’re comparing a fan fake to Omar and Cedric and their culture (for the most part) taking ouija boards seriously? It’s not critical thinking if you’re just being an ass, all because you “don’t believe”. Fans like you would never actually tell them to their face that it’s all bullshit. You would speak around it and nod your head when they tell you that it happened. Then probably come on the coma and talk about how pretentious they were.

I wasn't comparing fan fiction to Omar and Cedric, you clitoris. 

#166 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4793 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:29 PM

We made this thread way too early, guys. 

#167 hbk111

hbk111

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3160 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:30 PM

I care more about what they come up with in the studio. As long as they can be creative, I’ll be excited for it.

You don’t have to like everything. For me, TMV is my favourite band. I don’t call any band my #1 favourite unless I like every record and song they ever made. Volta is the only band where I can confidently say that I love every record from start to finish. And there’s so much more they can do with TMV. It’s not as limited as ATDI or Antemasque. SO, damn straight I’m excited as a motherfucker for this reunion. Especially with their “don’t look back” mentality.

#168 hbk111

hbk111

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3160 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:37 PM

You’re comparing a fan fake to Omar and Cedric and their culture (for the most part) taking ouija boards seriously? It’s not critical thinking if you’re just being an ass, all because you “don’t believe”. Fans like you would never actually tell them to their face that it’s all bullshit. You would speak around it and nod your head when they tell you that it happened. Then probably come on the coma and talk about how pretentious they were.

A concept about assassins obviously never happened. Some fan wrote that thinking we’d believe them. Omar and Cedric told ppl that they bought a ouija board and had to hire ppl to read notes, Bad luck, shit disappearing etc etc. Spirits or just coincidence, who knows. But they believed it. So that’s a bad comparison. Regardless the concept is creative and that’s all that matters to me. Real or fake, who cares?

#169 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4975 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:53 PM

really? 

http://forum.thecoma...c=127174&page=1

#170 Ghost Of Shark Horse

Ghost Of Shark Horse

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1690 posts
  • Joined 15-June 15

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:31 PM

A concept about assassins obviously never happened. Some fan wrote that thinking we’d believe them. Omar and Cedric told ppl that they bought a ouija board and had to hire ppl to read notes, Bad luck, shit disappearing etc etc. Spirits or just coincidence, who knows. But they believed it. So that’s a bad comparison. Regardless the concept is creative and that’s all that matters to me. Real or fake, who cares?

Again, I wasn't comparing the fan fiction to Cedric and Omar's story. I asked if anybody remembered the assassins story because I fancied reading it again... So if anybody can link it that would be lovely.

#171 bronxblanco1

bronxblanco1

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Joined 06-May 12

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:57 AM

I have felt the sentiment ever since Ced deleted the tweet, but i hope you're not right.

About people's expectations about the new album and already thinking it will be a disappointment, we need to be thankful we are close to get new MARS VOLTA! Not ATDI, not Antemasque, not Zavalaz, not ORL's billionth album (though I am great for the 2016 releases), but MARS VOLTA!!!

#172 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4975 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:58 AM

you know, i'd be much more happy if they did antemasque, zavalaz, orl, bosnian rainbows in 2019/2020 and then did TMV in 2020/2021

a bunch of unfinished business that seems to be less and less possible to be released every year

#173 Germn F.

Germn F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2617 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:03 PM

you know, i'd be much more happy if they did antemasque, zavalaz, orl, bosnian rainbows in 2019/2020 and then did TMV in 2020/2021

a bunch of unfinished business that seems to be less and less possible to be released every year

I think for the first time ever I agree with something you say. The projects you mentioned above represent their evolution as artists, they should leave tmv legacy alone, it’s never going to be what it was.

#174 logos

logos

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3192 posts
  • Joined 11-December 04

Posted 06 June 2019 - 02:23 PM

Who cares if the new music sucks...all that matters is they have fun doing it

#175 A\/\/

A\/\/

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 171 posts
  • Joined 09-December 18

Posted 06 June 2019 - 02:43 PM

Except that I won’t pay anybody for having fun.

#176 Alderetism

Alderetism

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7848 posts
  • Joined 04-September 09
  • Interests:Peace, love and bass.

Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:44 PM

can you guys stop fighting. you're making karl cry!

Don't be ridiculous, I only cry after sex.

#177 hbk111

hbk111

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3160 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:46 PM

I think for the first time ever I agree with something you say. The projects you mentioned above represent their evolution as artists, they should leave tmv legacy alone, it’s never going to be what it was.
what a bullshit statement. The point of TMV is evolution, and to show their evolution as artists. Which is why they want to do something different with this new album. “It’s never going to be what it was” umm that’s why they have no interest in rehashing their older style for the fans. You sound extremely close minded already and it hasn’t even begun.

#178 auxfnx

auxfnx

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Joined 26-October 10

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:46 PM

its mind boggling the closed mindedness of some fans, then whole fun and point of tmv is that its always changing and its always something different

#179 pehjott

pehjott

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Joined 24-March 05

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:38 PM

Mods plz delete this "LP7" or at least rename it to "reactions to an deleted ced tweet"

#180 logos

logos

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3192 posts
  • Joined 11-December 04

Posted 07 June 2019 - 12:03 AM

its mind boggling the closed mindedness of some fans, then whole fun and point of tmv is that its always changing and its always something different

To have fun, too. Don’t forget about that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users