I made one ages ago in the FAQ, and it's kind of wrong now.....
Please help me complete this..... i mean, wtih definitions, descriptions. I dont own all of these so I dont actually know what some of them look like or have on them. Thanks alot.
Italics: I havent seen them personally. Added by other comatorians
Normal: These are things I have seen/own. Please correct me if i'm wrong though
-----European Tour Sampler
1. Initial CD pressing has a photomontage on the inner sleeve
2. Second CD pressing has no photomontage; the inner sleeve is just black
3/4. American and European vinyl pressings differ with respect to GSL’s address on the back of the sleeve being slightly smaller and shifted
5. [Promotional] Initial vinyl pressing, in black. Unsure as to the casing. Not an actual release.
6. tremulant- light yellow UK 12" produces on southern records
7. tremulant-black USA 12" with poster
-----De-Loused In The Comatorium
1. UK CD comes with bonus track titled ‘Ambuletz’
2. UK CD special edition has variances in writing size/location on the spine and rear of the CD
3. USA CD comes without the bonus track ‘Ambuletz’
4. Japanese CD also includes ‘Ambuletz’ on the CD, yet remains unmentioned on the actual CD’s track listing.
5. Australian Tour Edition, 2 CD, 2nd CD with 2 Live tracks from the Electric Ballroom and 2 session tracks from Xfm.
6. 2 LP Vinyl, in Silver with black outline.
7. [Promotional] Yellow sleeved with ‘The Mars Volta’ stamped onto the front.
7. [Promotional] French promotional CD in white paper sleeve, see through patch on front.
8. [Promotional] Same as the original, but also includes a ‘De-Loused In The Comatorium stamp in the back
9. [Promotional] 2 LP Vinyl, Black. Again, unsure as to the casing and also, not an official release.
10. [Promotional] Demo disc. Many of these seem to float around eBay. The writing on some of the discs is what looks to be plain Italic Arial. Unsure as to casing, and number of variations.
11 [Promotional] DITC promo Holland with mixed tracklisting
12. [Promotional] DITC german promo with sticker
1. UK CD with postcard
2. Blue vinyl
3. Picture disc vinyl
4. [Promotional] UK CD Promo, comes in see through case with yellow writing. Single track, that being the radio edited version of the track.
5. [Promotional] UK CD Promo, comes in cardboard sleeve. Colored similarly to the reverse of the deloused CD case. Again, single radio edited version of the track. CD is black with ‘The Mars Volta’ printed on in yellow.
6. [Promotional] Germany CD Promo, comes in orange sleeve with The Mars Volta Tarsier printed on the front, and also ‘The Mars Volta’.
7. [Promotional] Vinyl in big yellow sleeve with ‘The Mars Volta’ printed on the front, and ‘Inertiatic ESP’ printed on back.
8. [Promotional] UK Video with the Inertiatic Video, both long and short versions.
9. [Promotional] USA Video, contains the Inertiatic video, along with other videos from other bands signed under Universal.
1. UK CD
2. Yellow vinyl
3. Picture disc vinyl
4. Australian Tour Edition CD
5. [Promotional] UK CD Promo, Case clear with red writing, ‘The Mars Volta’. 2 Tracks on this CD, one being the original Televators track and one being the Radio Edited version.
6. [Promotional] USA CD. Black cover with ring of tentacles (Taken from the alternate cover). Normal CD casing.
7. [Promotional] UK Video
8. [Promotional] USA Video, unsure as to whether it includes videos from other bands, although it is a Universal promotional release.
-----Frances The Mute
2. 3 LP
3. Japanese CD, comes with 3 live DVD tracks from Electric Ballroom, and ‘Frances The Mute’ decoder.
4. Demos for the Forthcoming Album USA (summer demos)
5. Demos for the Forthcoming Album Germany (summer demos)
-----Frances The Mute (Decoder)
1. Green vinyl
1. UK CD Single
2. UK DVD Single
3. Picture disc Vinyl
4. [Promotional] UK CD 1 Track, same cover as normal single, although not in a Digipak.
5. [Promotional] CD, 1 track, cover is the image of the manakin in front of the mirror. Also on the front is all the bands information.
5. [Promotional] Swedish CD, same as UK to look at.
6. [Promotional] Video, self explanatory
this apparatus must be unearthed german demo