IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Comprehensive List of Unreleased TMV-Related Media

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#41 rouofcoorflig

rouofcoorflig

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13
  • Facebook

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

or even recorded in full

#42 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6708 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:18 AM

TL_ I don't think they ever mentioned recording another version of Trinkets.

Honestly if there is anything that needs to come out, it's that one song album, aka Jacob Jam.

Yes.

I seriously wonder how much of this shit is studio quality though.

We really have no idea if it was ever recorded in the studio, but considering the amount of stuff Omar records I'd be surprised if they didn't at least record a demo.

#43 Joel___SMEGMA

Joel___SMEGMA

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Joined 02-April 07

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Hey guys, anyone know where we acquired the acoustic Miranda? I have no recollection of where we got it but it think it mighta been a b-side

#44 malkinjewel

malkinjewel

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 30-March 13

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

When I met Deantoni in Stockholm in 2012 after the Bosnian Rainbows concert we talked about his earlier project Astroid Power-up! He said he had 2 more albums recorded with them and that they would come out on RLP later that year or early 2013. Unfortunately they never came out, it would be amazing if they could be released by Nadie

#45 Nujabez

Nujabez

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4421 posts
  • Joined 03-July 05

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

It's hard looking at this list and coming to terms with the fact that some of these items listed just won't ever be released. 

#46 GolgothaAvante

GolgothaAvante

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

It's hard looking at this list and coming to terms with the fact that some of these items listed just won't ever be released. 

Like what?

#47 Nujabez

Nujabez

Goliath

• Members
  • 4421 posts
  • Joined 03-July 05

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:53 AM

Like what?

I don't know, but you're kidding yourself if you think most of these listed will see the light of day. 

#48 iMa(n)go

iMa(n)go

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Joined 02-February 12

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:18 AM

I really hope for some more Omar/Cedric acoustic songs like that Miranda demo. Actually I just hope for any thing new lol

#49 Veni-yan Warrior

Veni-yan Warrior

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2994 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:54 AM

Anyone remember that YouTube video that was only like a minute segment of Cassandra where Cedric was going nuts--"TWENTY FIVE WIVES.." because I haven't been able to locate that anytime recently.  Would love to see it again...

#50 flipzoso

flipzoso

ZK

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7076 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:18 AM

Anyone remember that YouTube video that was only like a minute segment of Cassandra where Cedric was going nuts--"TWENTY FIVE WIVES.." because I haven't been able to locate that anytime recently.  Would love to see it again...

I felt like you were referring to this:

But you might be referring to Milan 2005 <can't find that clip>

#51 Nujabez

Nujabez

Goliath

• Members
  • 4421 posts
  • Joined 03-July 05

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

I felt like you were referring to this:

But you might be referring to Milan 2005 <can't find that clip>

I know which youtube vid you're referring to..it's where he puts the mic in his mouth and puts his hand over the security guard's head during part of it. pretty sure it was taken somewhere in europe... 

#52 hui43210

hui43210

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2648 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

^ I cant find it right now as well, but it was from the Milan show, the video was titled mars volta or something. TMV Italia posted it on their facebook at one point.

#53 Veni-yan Warrior

Veni-yan Warrior

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2994 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

Ahh yes, so Milan has been taken down?? So sad.

http://www.themarble...number=20050306

there you can see the "bit of cassandra" under video clip no longer exists...

#54 GolgothaAvante

GolgothaAvante

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

Like what?

I don't know, but you're kidding yourself if you think most of these listed will see the light of day. 

Actually, I think they will. The thing that always struck me about The Mars Volta is that it seems like Omar was struggling. From day one, the music shifted so violently and meandered everywhere, it felt like he was struggling to find an identity, to express who he is. In fact, he said for years he didn't consider the guitar to be an instrument, and that he's finally starting to appreciate it. In my mind, most of this isn't released because Omar felt like it wasn't his voice, that he hadn't found it yet. But I can tell you, he's seriously obsessive compulsive in his music, and I'm the same way, and if he hasn't thrown away scraps of beats from 2003, he's not thrown away anything recorded in studio. He's basically said fuck it, just release shit - at least that's what I gather from Matt's posts.

#55 roobster

roobster

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Like what?

Actually, I think they will. The thing that always struck me about The Mars Volta is that it seems like Omar was struggling. From day one, the music shifted so violently and meandered everywhere, it felt like he was struggling to find an identity, to express who he is. In fact, he said for years he didn't consider the guitar to be an instrument, and that he's finally starting to appreciate it. In my mind, most of this isn't released because Omar felt like it wasn't his voice, that he hadn't found it yet. But I can tell you, he's seriously obsessive compulsive in his music, and I'm the same way, and if he hasn't thrown away scraps of beats from 2003, he's not thrown away anything recorded in studio. He's basically said fuck it, just release shit - at least that's what I gather from Matt's posts.

I'm willing to bet that half or more of the stuff on that list is unfinished, just demos or that big chunks of it were used on other already released songs.

Remember the days when Cedric used to answer random stuff on his youtube profile? I remember someboday asking him about the hour long song and him not even knowing what was that.

With that said... I dont doubt that there's a ton of cool unreleased stuff, but full albums with Cedric? Maybe one or two...and that's pushing it. So...yeah...the release of some of the stuff on the list won't have anyting to do with how Omar feels as an artist or whatever...we have to see if they even exist...if they're just demos or sketches...or if they reached the point of having Cedric's vocals.

#56 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

Like what?

I'm willing to bet that half or more of the stuff on that list is unfinished, just demos or that big chunks of it were used on other already released songs.

Remember the days when Cedric used to answer random stuff on his youtube profile? I remember someboday asking him about the hour long song and him not even knowing what was that.

With that said... I dont doubt that there's a ton of cool unreleased stuff, but full albums with Cedric? Maybe one or two...and that's pushing it. So...yeah...the release of some of the stuff on the list won't have anyting to do with how Omar feels as an artist or whatever...we have to see if they even exist...if they're just demos or sketches...or if they reached the point of having Cedric's vocals.

this is true, although in regards to the secrets of our children i'd take an instrumental version just saying

#57 SolarGambling69

SolarGambling69

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
  • Interests:Kantutan

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

I just want Omar to release mantra Hiroshima, Doitashimashite, Un Corazon de Nadie, SaberQuererOsarYCallar, Equinox, Woman Gives Birth to Tomato!, Unicorn Skeleton mask, and Solo extrano on vinyl.

also, the albums mentioned in Telesterion's liner notes. fuuuuck

#58 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2934 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

Like what?

this is true, although in regards to the secrets of our children i'd take an instrumental version just saying

Even if a studio recording exists, I doubt it's as good as Vegoose or Tokyo performances.

#59 roobster

roobster

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

Like what?

Of course! I'd take whatever they have to give...but that's also why I'm more pumped for some soundboard live recordings.

#60 Kitt

Kitt

Ba da be boopi

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:55 PM

It has been pointed out that the show in Madrid 2008 at La Rivera was goin' to be released at some point - I remember a myspace page maybe from the guy who was mixing or mastering it which posted some audio clips of it? 

Then I remember my old interview with Omar in 2007 when he mentioned about more Scabdates, more live albums each one exploring a single TMV studio release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users