IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Live Jams Threadlast updated: June 30th 2008

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7150 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:30 AM

I intended to get something like this done for The Marble Shrine. Like if you click a song you can see all relation it has to other stats (members played, number times played) but this could be neat info to put in sort of a list of interesting jam points.

I'll update and work backwards to Amp > FTM > Deloused > Trem songs
DELOUSED IN THE COMATORIUM
Son Et Lumiere
- first played in 2002 European tour, however it contained a sample from a German movie (?) over it

Inertiatic ESP
- first played in the fall 2001 tour without the intro, later Son et Lum was added
- the lyrics for the chorus were not finished until fall 2002, and so Cedric just sings the lines without words

Roulette Dares
- by far the most played live song, played on every major solo tour since the Fall of 2001, only until recently being dropped for the Jacob Jam
- the exit solo was initially moe ambience filled than guitar
- starting in July of 2003 the exit solo became much longer and incoporated almost love-themed lyrics by Cedric "baby Im not the one" "remember when I crept in your room" etc etc
- around this time Cedric also started going for the high scream after the midbreakdwon part
- in 2004 a coda jam was attached to the end of it, which were the very beginnings (at least idealogically) of the Omega Coda of Doom and Destiny jam
- in 2005 the small coda jam was dropped and we went back to the 2003-styled outro solo/slow exit
- Cedric displayed phenomenal performances of this song in the FTM era, his chest voice was particularily strong on the chorus with his exhalation sounding like "Wexoskeletol" and the high scream after mid-break was perfected in this period
- in 2006 Amp era the coda is back but in the larger form (which is now on Goliath), however by 2007 the coda is lost and is attached to Rapid Fire Tollbooth which becomes Goliath alltogether
- in 2007 the outro solo changed from being the softer style to a full on attack, which carried onto 2008 with various sections that Omar has been laying down over the years put together in a shredding manner

Funkship/Tira Me/Pre-Drunkship
- started out as a funky/dance intro to Drunkship in early tours in 2003 either promptu or as seague from the Eunuch drum solo/passage
- Tira Me seldomly played like the studio version, made its appearance in the July '03 tour
- eventually became a hybrid Eunuch meets FTM's "drunken by receipts" intro
- pretty much dropped after 2004

Drunkship of Lanterns
-

This Apparatus Must Be Unearthed
- first played in the Fall 2002 tour and continued onwards until the end of Deloused-in-full July '03 tour
- Cedric would sometimes sing the chorus in the higher register, Omar does backup vocals, and Jeremy would add a voice-mod to Cedric so the concluding effect was a very cool 3-voice chorus singing
- Jon would end with a (somewhat extended) drum solo [obviously, can't do the reverse solo live]

FRANCES THE MUTE
Frances The Mute
roots
- the "drunken by receipts" riff can be heard mixed with Eunuch riff in some pre-Drunkships in late2003/2004
- the main riff was heavily used in many many Cassandra jams in 2005 and by 2006 tour the riff was used more in the style of "0" within Cassandra

- premiered on the 2006 Australian tour
- other than the short 2006 Australian tour it was only played four more times with Blake Fleming
- revival, after a long time, of main riff/"0" in the second Melbourne show (June 24th) in the Drunkship jam

Cygnus....Vismund Cygnus
roots
- breakdown was premiered within Drunkship on July 1st, 2003 which it lasted all the way until end of Australian tour end of January 2004
- the breakdown melody was also being sung by Cedric and Ikey would imitate, however Cedric would sing something more on the lines of "drag me(?) ohhh yeahn"
- the 'intro to Con Safo' guitar line and main Safo bass line can be heard in the Take The Veil jams in some post-October 2003 shows

- both the breakdown solo and Con Safo had a very structured flow in FTM era
- in 2007 was the start of its monster growth, both the breakdown and Con Safo were stretched beyond anything before
- Con Safo's order became Adrian hiccup section > <let me double check and get back>
- 'Fever' lyrics were initially used here before making its way to Goliath
- Super Safo (slow Con Safo exit) was premiered at Irvine show and has since been pushed to became an almost fake-out ending as they would ride it up and down
- later Marcel then has a funky solo at near end of Safo on the clav
- Cedric marks the quiet segment with Misfits lines
- the math-rock seague is used in Safo around Japan/Australia tour
- <more detail to go through>

The Window
- premiered at the Wiltern shows in 2004, acoustically on May 6th and electrically on the 12th and 13th
- briefly contained an attached jam which was played in 2006 in Chicago, Milwaukee, and Toronto
- interesting/funny note: this was the second last song on the 2005 US FTM shows, and so Cedric would often crack on the highs (funny to hear)

E'lVia El'Viaquez
- premiered on the US leg of 2005 FTM tour and was retired at the end of Australian FTM tour
- very structured flow on the end-jam going: Ikey > Omar > Adrian > Ikey (organ tone) > Omar > Adrian
- Cedric first does a level 3 scream to end the verses in Phoenix on June 7th, 2005, it is later tried again at Bonnaroo on June 11th and makes a permanent change to that note starting on the SOAD tour on August 4th, 2005
- the SOAD tour also marked the change to an altered end-jam with different solos, and some Cedric vocal shrieks, the order became Ikey > Omar > Adrian > Ikey (organ tone) > Omar/Cedric + all-in-jam > Adrian
- interesting note: the premier show of this song, San Diego April 22nd, 2005, has a very interesting end jam worth checking out
- interesting note: Larry Harlow played on this song with them at Roseland Ballroom in New York on May 6th, 2005
- interesting note: John Frusciante played on this song four times with them; June 4th, 2005 (Greek Theatre, LA), August 4th and 5th (Long Beach Forum), and October 14th (Santa Barbara Bowl) in which the order of end jam would become: Ikey > John > Omar > Adrian > Ikey (organ tone) > John/Omar/Cedric + all-in-jam > Adrian

Miranda
- premiered at NYE '07 and made reappearance at Nissan and a few '08 Euro shows
- yet to be played with full band or electrically

Cassandra
roots
- Cicatriz basically became an embryonic Cassandra, which can be traced all the way back to Europe 2002!
- the "seel teeth into flesh of midnight" section was played in Cicatriz from July 1st, 2003 - all the way until Japan 2005
- the 25 wives riff was also played in the Cicatrizs but much mellower

- the voice-mod section in the itnro is pre-recorded
- the start is relatively similar to studio up until <let me do the rest of this song later>

AMPUTECHTURE
Tetragrammaton
roots
- intro verse can be heard in the 2004 jams with Flea and Frusciante (being dubbed: Omar Omar Omar)

- initially played very similar to studio version with Blake
- Cedric would sing the "glossolilia" parts without resorting to heavy falsetto, whether or not he would succeed varied. In 2007 he became more comfortable with heavy falsetto and since has used that
- Cedric would often do the 'ghost weaving' in the outro part in 2006 shows
- TP sometimes decides to use a steady beat in the breakdown part as opposed to the normal frantic
- the "by the drift" section was heavily modified in the Euro tour with Omar using many many effects and slowing it down

Vermicide
roots
- lyrics can be first heard in some Drunkship jams from 2005 (ie: Roseland shows)

- played very similiar to studio version, except for TP plays ______ during Omar's solo

Meccamputechture
- premiered in 2007, thus TP is only drummer to play this song
- Ikey's solo/bridge is trimmed down at first and in 2008 is completely foregone and they go directly into the outro "human pulse" from the mini freak-out section

Asilos Magdalena
- played electrically 4 times in 2006, and then acoustically on NYE '07
- in 2008 it was brought back, in the acoustic form, on a handful of European shows

Viscera Eyes
roots
- title can be heard being ad-libbed by Cedric as far back as 2003 in Eriatarka to 2005 Drunkship or Cassandra jams ("viscera eyes and asmadic draws[?]")

- initially both solos were extended in 2006 (with both drummers: Blake and Deantoni)
- in 2007 Juans bass intro to second half was cut out, going straight to Omar's solo
- in 2008 a drum solo was usead as teh seague, and the second solo became very short and standard

Day of the Baphomets
roots
- fragments can be heard in the pre-Cicatriz in some late 2003/2004 shows

- Marcel plays a bongo solo
- played faster with TP and with a different beat
- Cedric often skips the end "poachers" lines if he is throwing something or freaking out, OR sometimes he will mumble/rap the lines (with cursewords or ad-libs) in a deep voice

THE BEDLAM IN GOLIATH
Aberinkula
- currently being played in solo shows
- remains close to studio version
- interesting note: Cedric sings the higher octave/studio version in the last chorus in Baltimore January 18th (even though his voice is in extreme pain that show)
- Pre-Aberinkula premiered on February 26th in Zurich
- Cedric throws in Ghostface "Kilo" lyrics in Pre-Ab

Metatron
- last played on February 19th in Oslo
- interesting note: studio's chorus guitar line is syncopated with Adrian's sax
- interesting note: "folding wormholes" is sung ____________(whats the word I'm looking for)

Ilyena
- last played in Glasgow on March 11th, and before that in Madrid on February 29th
- Omar's end jam solo not added until European shows, prior to that Ikey would only solo during end jam
- returned for the 2nd Melbourne show on June 24th, Omar's end jam is cut out though

Wax Simulacra
roots
- premiered as 'Idle Tooth' on March 12th, 2007 in Auckland, New Zealand
- Idle Tooth contains more free ad-libs by Cedric, and some minor variations in falsetto usage, as well as Adrian is not on the outro

- Wax contains a very small pause before the last "don't know" end
- other than the loose drum intro and outro, Wax remains very similar night to night
- interesting note: Cedric sometimes does a high scream to end the song, see Letterman performance

Goliath
roots
- see 'RapidFire Tollbooth' for birth details

- Paul plays the high hammers live with Omar during the verses
- the speed of the song has been increased twice, once in Europe, and then again in the Spring US tour
- the "fever jam" was officially first played on January 22nd on MTVCanada and the first show to contain it was the following day in Ann Arbor
- Juan also started using the warp phaser from the MTVCan show onwards, with a few exceptions
- the fever jams usually start out with Cedric singing the Fever lines whilst Adrian and/or Omar play in with him, then Ikey's solo, and then Adrian's and each passage ( > ) containing various buildups and quietdowns by Juan and TP
- Cedric would often weave in and out whenever he desired in any of the threes' solos.
- eventually in Europe the start/stop section was created to mark the switch from Ikey > Adrian, and is often treated with the "nintey percent of me is you" lyrics by Cedric
- Omar started to get more into Adrian's solo part by sometimes adding a call n respons section, which became a permanent part in the Spring US tour
- to return to the main riff Cedric will do his old screech/howl scream and they'd all join in the main riff while Omar solos to the exit
- Goliath jam also gets stutter treatment (much like Cygnus) on the Japan/Australian tour and also becomes much much looser and unpredictable
- interesting note: Cedric used the theremin (premiered on April 20th in Chicago) in the jam on April 25th in Guadaljara, MX

Pre-Agadez
- Pre-Agadez is premiered on February 26th in Zurich
- the pre-jam itself start to contain another jam around the 2nd leg of 2nd US tour
- get sped up for the Japan/Australia tour

Agadez
- very similar to studio

Ouroborous
- Omar's solo is often the tease lines in Pre-Ouro, just sped up
- Cedric throws in a high scream right before the second last part, and sometimes the very end
- Cedric merges the "ever"s in the chorus to slightly alter how he sings it

Conjugal Burns
roots
- chorus lyrics appear in the Deloused booklet which are also sung as a verse in Eriatarka

- has not been played since SOMA show on January 29th
- started to contain an extensive yet cohesive freakout-jam prior to its retirement
- Paul often plays with Omar on the duel solo
- interesting note: the only time Cedric has hit the high C is on January 18th in Baltimore, despite him being severely straineous. Which technically (I mean that literally as it doesn't sound the best) is the highest note Cedric has hit live <needs further investigation though>

Yeah I'm just really bored tonight...whatdya think?

#2 pour-another-icepick

pour-another-icepick

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2359 posts
  • Joined 30-August 06

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:32 AM

awesome concept, you must really really be bored though haha

#3 feelmytool

feelmytool

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2249 posts
  • Joined 16-March 05
  • Interests:...........?

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:33 AM

I fail to see any real relevance. There's already two really big live jam threads. One was started right before Amputechture and there was another one before Frances came out.

#4 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • 7150 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:34 AM

awesome concept, you must really really be bored though haha

Yeah didn't feel like going friends place to watch NBA plays off soo...home...so bored!!

J Leno wasn't delivering the laughs tonight, so I slowly moved to computer and this happened.

Oh Conan is on now!

#5 mecca

mecca

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3140 posts
  • Joined 02-January 08

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:35 AM

i like it :]

#6 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • 7150 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:35 AM

I fail to see any real relevance. There's already two really big live jam threads. One was started right before Amputechture and there was another one before Frances came out.

Oh im fully aware of their existence, this'll just be expansion of that. And I could just copy paste this for TMS later when its ready so I dont have to work SOOO Far back later on down road. Just thought I'd make a thread out of it...? I duno.

#7 Bambii

Bambii

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3492 posts
  • Joined 21-August 07

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:39 AM

Awesome idea flip. Thanks. I'll check back for updates :)

#8 feelmytool

feelmytool

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2249 posts
  • Joined 16-March 05
  • Interests:...........?

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:40 AM

ah, sounds good to me! I really enjoyed all of the old jam threads. Everyone was so dissapointed when nothing from the live shows showed up on Amp. Well not exactly, a little bit did.

#9 deadeye

deadeye

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2503 posts
  • Joined 07-April 05

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:08 AM

good idea!

#10 Superunknown

Superunknown

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts
  • Joined 12-February 06

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:46 AM

Hasn't this been attempted before?

#11 manstis1804

manstis1804

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Joined 25-January 05
  • Interests:Music: making it

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:00 AM

I think the phrase you're looking for with "folding wormholes" is "higher pitched and with more intensity".

#12 feelsgoodman

feelsgoodman

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5234 posts
  • Joined 04-June 05
  • Interests:MUSIC

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:44 AM

Silly Rabbit, Jay Leno never brings the laughs.

<only on headlines, but those aren't even his own jokes>

#13 pour-another-icepick

pour-another-icepick

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2359 posts
  • Joined 30-August 06

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:32 PM

I think the phrase you're looking for with "folding wormholes" is "higher pitched and with more intensity".

the "my time is riding in the alphabet" line sounds mumbled live, sort of like he's just humming the melody.

#14 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • 7150 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:24 AM

I did Wax and Goliath

Goliath
- the "fever jam" was officially first played on January 22nd on MTVCanada and the first show to contain it was the following day in Ann Arbor
- Juan also started using the warp phaser from the MTVCan show onwards, with a few exceptions
- the order of solos in the fever jam has remained fairly similar, starting with Adrian > Ikey > all, and then in Europe Adrian would take a second turn sometimes; Adrian > Ikey > Adrian > all, then near end of Europe Omar would start to get in on it more with it sometimes being Adrian > Ikey > Omar vs Adrian > all. With each passage ( > ) containing various buildups and quietdowns by Juan and TP. Cedric would often weave in and out whenever he desired in any of the threes' solos.
- interesting note: Cedric used the theremin (premiered on April 20th in Chicago) in the jam on April 25th in Guadaljara, MX

I copped out on the fever jam analysis hard, ill beef it up like alot later...I just quickly wrote down the main solo order, but theres other passages that came and go to talk about which I'll do later, for example the "90 percent of me is you" thingy

btw "all" just means when they all join in to do that final pass to bring it back before OmegaCoda.

#15 ElOscuroMeMantiene

ElOscuroMeMantiene

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1082 posts
  • Joined 20-September 06
  • Interests:The Mars Volta and similarly diverse expressions of mind.......
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:44 PM

I did Wax and Goliath

Goliath
- the order of solos in the fever jam has remained fairly similar, starting with Adrian > Ikey > all, and then in Europe Adrian would take a second turn sometimes; Adrian > Ikey > Adrian > all, then near end of Europe Omar would start to get in on it more with it sometimes being Adrian > Ikey > Omar vs Adrian > all. With each passage ( > ) containing various buildups and quietdowns by Juan and TP. Cedric would often weave in and out whenever he desired in any of the threes' solos.

I copped out on the fever jam analysis hard, ill beef it up like alot later...I just quickly wrote down the main solo order, but theres other passages that came and go to talk about which I'll do later, for example the "90 percent of me is you" thingy

btw "all" just means when they all join in to do that final pass to bring it back before OmegaCoda.

thanks as always flip........proves that it is good to have someone more into a band than you, because then they can hook you up....

#16 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • 7150 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:39 PM

I think this is better now:

Goliath
- the speed of the song has been increased twice, once in Europe, and then again in the Spring US tour
- the fever jams usually start out with Cedric singing the Fever lines whilst Adrian and/or Omar play in with him, then Ikey's solo, and then Adrian's and each passage ( > ) containing various buildups and quietdowns by Juan and TP
- Cedric would often weave in and out whenever he desired in any of the threes' solos.
- eventually in Europe the start/stop section was created to mark the switch from Ikey > Adrian, and is often treated with the "nintey percent of me is you" lyrics by Cedric
- Omar started to get more into Adrian's solo part by sometimes adding a call n respons section, which became a permanent part in the Spring US tour
- to return to the main riff Cedric will do his old screech/howl scream and they'd all join in the main riff while Omar solos to the exit

#17 Metrognomes

Metrognomes

"reverse the polarity of the neutron flow."

• Members
  • 7486 posts
  • Joined 19-March 07

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:01 AM

i like it :]

:biggrin:

#18 NakedLord

NakedLord

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 06-October 06

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:24 AM

Ilyena wasn't played in Madrid on February 29th. Although it was played on the show before that, in Milan on February 27h.

I was at both shows so I'm pretty sure about this...

#19 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • 7150 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:29 AM

Ilyena wasn't played in Madrid on February 29th. Although it was played on the show before that, in Milan on February 27h.

I was at both shows so I'm pretty sure about this...

I was mearly saying that it was played up to the 29th, then a large gap of non-plays, then a one-off return in Glasgow. Since Glasgow it hasn't been played. :smile:

#20 flipzoso

flipzoso

Custom Rank

• Party Members
  • 7150 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:22 PM

Friday at work, nobody here, bored = did some updating. Gona have to do sometimes anyways.

I'll Amp up Amp a bit later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users