IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

United Nations

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LDOS

LDOS

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • Joined 25-November 03

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:55 PM

United Nations is a power violence project that was started in early 2007 by Daryl Palumbo of the American bands Glassjaw and Head Automatica and Geoff Rickly, the singer/lyricist of the band Thursday. Other artists involved in the project include Christopher "Chree" Conger, former drummer of The Number 12 Looks Like You, the bassist "Cooper" of Made Out of Babies, and Jonah Bayer of The Lovekill. In a recent interview with Converge, it was revealed that Ben Koller would also be apart of this project. Recently in an interview Geoff Rickly stated that the band would release a 7" with Deathwish inc. and full length on Eye Ball records. The band has set a release date for the album on September 9, 2008.[1]

01 - “The Spinning Heart of the Yo-Yo Lobby”
02 - “No Sympathy For A Sinking Ship”
03 - “Resolution #9″
04 - “Model UN”
05 - “The Shape of Punk That Never Came”
06 - “My Cold War”
07 - “Filmed In Front of A Live Studio Audience”
08 - “Revolutions In Graphic Design”
09 - “I Keep Living The Same Day”
10 - “Subliminal Testing”
11 - “Say Goodbye to General Figment of the USS Imagination”

No idea how this will turn out, but this definitely piqued my interest.

#2 AlKal

AlKal

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 19-July 07

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:08 PM

I've really been anticipating this release. I first heard about the project four years ago, so it's kind of shocking to finally know there's a finished product. Definitely looking forward to this, especially the track "The Shape of Punk That Never Came".

#3 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

#StillNoAnswers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9050 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:23 AM

so is anyone here a fan of united nations? they've got a new LP coming out in a few days called The Next Four Years and from what I hear, it goes pretty fucking hard. loved the first record as well

Listen on Soundcloud.com

Listen on Soundcloud.com

Listen on Soundcloud.com

#4 rouofcoorflig

rouofcoorflig

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13
  • Facebook

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:13 AM

So hyped! I thought they would never return because of legal matters or whatever happened with the fake United Nations beefing with them.

#5 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2136 posts
  • Joined 24-July 06

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:59 AM

Ah damn, I missed this thread this summer. Bump!

The Next Four Years is top 10 of the year for me no doubt. The whole record is great, but that stretch from 'Fuck the Future' to 'F# A# $' is just too fuckin good. 

Everyone is putting in great performances, but David Haik is the MVP IMO. Dude goes so damn hard on this, which is cool cause he's kind of under-utilized on the new Pianos record. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users