IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

December 6, 2009 - Gent, BEVooruit

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sybrand

Sybrand

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Joined 05-March 05
  • Interests:Music and sports.
  • Twitter

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:28 PM

http://vooruit.be/nl/concerten/2009/12
---
The Marble Shrine show page

Edited by flipzoso, 09 December 2009 - 12:28 AM.
TMS link added

#2 pennystrike

pennystrike

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 30-August 08

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:39 PM

whats nice is that its only 28,5 euro (costs inclusive) & i received my ticket 1 day after buying it ! (compare that to AB last year 35 + 4 euro)

#3 a doubt

a doubt

Cassandra Geminni

• Coma Donor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Joined 05-March 05
  • Interests:frusciante fan :)
  • Twitter

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:46 AM

whats nice is that its only 28,5 euro (costs inclusive) & i received my ticket 1 day after buying it ! (compare that to AB last year 35 + 4 euro)

This is what confuses me, on the website (Sybrand's link in the first post) it says: " 32 / 28,5 (vvk - incl. reservatiekosten)" Can anyone please explain the difference to me?

When I try to buy a ticket, it only sums up to 29.09 (including postage) so is this all I need to pay :unsure: (that would make it the cheapest ticket to a TMV show, but to get there will be much more expensive anyways)

#4 Mister.Y

Mister.Y

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 25-November 07

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

Just got back. It was a good concert, setlist probably the same as the last couple of shows. Played for a good 1.45 hour or something.

Cedric's lines:
after a couple of songs; ''I was beginning to wonder if you were asleep''
another couple songs later: ''oh you're awake now''

Omar had some trouble with his pedalboard, the guitar tech was trying to fix it mid-song.

I saw them before in Tilburg and Amsterdam and this was I think the least of those three, but good nonetheless.

Dave's drumming was decent, he's fun to look at when he's playing, he looks more energetic than Thomas did. Plus, he's past Omar on the 'fro-scale.

#5 ApocalypseInsideOfAnAdam

ApocalypseInsideOfAnAdam

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 18-February 09
  • Interests:Psychology & Guitar solos
  • Facebook

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:55 PM

Ha, lol @ Cedric... yeah I wasn't expecting much from a Belgian crowd. I hope the Dutchies in Tilburg tomorrow don't just sip beer and gawk, the boys need our energy to keep 'em goin strong!

#6 tgc_9012

tgc_9012

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 21-October 07

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:18 AM

I heard lyrics from Ilyena in the Cicatriz jam, he was singing "taking everything I've got. Please let me in in in".

#7 sier

sier

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Joined 29-May 04

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:06 PM

Photos, videos, anything? Anyone take a single photo?

#8 a doubt

a doubt

Cassandra Geminni

• Coma Donor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Joined 05-March 05
  • Twitter

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:44 AM

I left my camera at home, so no pictures this time :sad: As already confirmed, the setlist was the same as during the last shows:

Intro (Fistfull of Dollars)
Son et Lumiere / Inertiatic ESP
Cotopaxi
L'Via L'Viaquez
Goliath
Eriatarka w/Jam
Since We've Been Wrong
Cicatriz ESP w/Jam
Halo of Nembutals
Miranda
Teflon
Viscera Eyes
Juan's bass solo / The Widow
Roulette Dares

Not many reviews here so far, seems like not many members went to that show. I did and I absolutely enjoyed it. First of all I have to say that I was anxious to see how Dave Elitch was doing, because I really did enjoy the shows with Thomas Pridgen I was able to see during the last 2 years. When I got to know back then that Jon Theodore had left the band, I was wondering if there could be anyone who would be as good, saw TP and was just amazed. Now some years later the story just recurred :laugh: I'm really digging Dave's playing.

After some problems in finding the venue (thanks to the Belgian scouts for helping me), I choose a place near the soundboard and according to a quick overview this venue was rather small but pretty impressive. The "Concertzaal" lives up to its name, with plastering on the wall and ceiling. Then the show started on time at 8:30 pm and the band received a warm welcome applause. I thought they all were in a good mood and started off full of energy with Inertiatic ESP, a great opener, followed by the short but rocking Cotopaxi. After this song Cedric addressed the audience: "Thank you. I was beginning to wonder if you are alive. You all seem so tired and sleepy." :ohmy: While talking he sounded raspy, I think his vocals during the show were pretty good, but the uncountable cups of tea (or hot water) may really be necessary for him.

Then Omar started to play L'Via and the double drum kick right before Cedric started singing almost made me shout out loud with excitement :happy: I have waited almost 5 years to experience this song (one of my favourites) live, so I was more than happy that it's on the recent setlist. Cedric was good on this one, maybe not as brilliant as in 2005, but IMO there was nothing to moan about. It was so groovy, mainly because of Dave's playing. During the last part, Ikey was showing off, rocking on his seat, then the song became more and more chilled and at that point I was missing Adrian so much, his flute solo would have been the highlight for me, but oh well. While the last piece of the track faded away, the drums heralded Goliath. I've heard this one live now several times and like Cygnus or Roulette it's one of those songs they could play live at every show, I'd always enjoy it. Dave did a really good job on this, it was the only Bedlam song being played that night, but he owned it. After the first part of the song there was some cheering, people seemed to enjoy it. And right after the song Cedric acknowledged "Now you're awake". Then Eriatarka was played, and it was my first time hearing it live, I think it's nice, but obviously doesn't get me as excited as most of the people writing reviews here at the Coma. The best part of it was the jam, I can only describe it as groovy, I think Marcel threw in some cool tunes. Don't know if Cedric did a cover of some songs, his main line was "as long as I remember" or something like this. After a while it became very calm, and Omar redirected to the actual song. Altogether the song was about 15 minutes long.

Then it was getting quiet (and I was really grateful that no one near me felt like talking), an acoustic guitar was played and Cedric started with Since We've Been Wrong. Again there was cheering after the first chorus. The track was similiar to the album version, I love Omar's playing on the electric guitar, sort of a duet to the vocals. Cedric struggled a bit on the very high notes (the 'just one more time' line), but I thought the song was just beautiful. Right on with some guitar riffs to build up tension again and Cedric sang 'do you recall its name?' Cicatriz ESP! Another "first time" for me this night and definitely another highlight of the show. After a short break (again cheering :biggrin: ) the wild chorus started off and from what I saw at least some people in the audience were moving now. The jam started full of energy, then calmed down a little, with some groovy guitar playing accompanied by some nice keyboard tunes played by Ikey. This part reminded me of the funky Pre-Agadez tracks back in March/April 2008 and I heard some Frusciante-esk playing in there. That was probably the right time to have a look at the backdrop curtain (excellent!) and space out. The jam then slowed down more, mainly Cedric whispering and some keys, very beautiful. Dave built up tension again (at that point his playing reminded me of JT a lot) and Omar sneaked in with the typical guitar riff and it got wild again, you just had to move your head (or whatever) to that rhythm, and then they returned to the actual song. I think all in all the track was about 20 minutes long.

That's it for now, I will continue later...

#9 stretts

stretts

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3812 posts
  • Joined 20-June 04
  • Interests:Music, japan, philosophy, psychology, friends, so many things!
  • Facebook

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:55 AM

cant.wait.for.january.20th.

#10 a doubt

a doubt

Cassandra Geminni

• Coma Donor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Joined 05-March 05
  • Twitter

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:22 AM

here's the rest of my review

Halo Of Nembutals had a new intro, people started clapping to it. Cedric was very good on this one, unlike during some shows in July, this time Omar's mic was open for backing vocals. The chorus sounded somewhat different because of Dave's different approach to it. After that it was getting quiet again and once more an acoustic guitar was played, this time I was able to detect Henry on the left side of the stage playing it during Miranda. Another amazing performance by Cedric, he switched the position of his mic back and forth to sound louder or softer. Later the drums came in and I liked the style, something you would expect in a marching band (I'm no drummer, so please forgive me my amateurish description). The song had a nice transition to the next one, Teflon, another solid performance, but nothing I remember in detail.

Then the intro sound of Viscera Eyes could be heard, and Omar was so good on this one, I must admit I almost forgot to miss Adrian. Cedric did some antics during this one, while during most of the songs he seemed to concentrate on the vocals. If I remember correctly it was also during this song someone got up on stage and did sort of a stage diving :wacko: The guitar solo was another highlight of the night and then Dave Elitch did a short solo and that was a point I missed TP, because this was nothing compared to what their former drummer had done at that part of this song. Then Juan switched his bass and did a cool solo which the audience acknowledged with applause and then he led to The Widow. Another highlight regarding the vocals, and another time for some catchy keyboard tunes by Marcel. What I thought was funny is that Cedric turned around for the last drumbeat, just as he used to do with Thomas. Probably not really funny, but it gave me the feeling of day-to-day business. Then Omar started off with Roulette, I liked Dave's heavy drumming on this one, too. Ikey was fun to watch during the chorus, rocking on his seat, and he was audible very well. Though the guitar solo was rather reserved, Dave built up tension again and Cedric did the return scream. Then it calmed down very quickly, with some nice improvisation by Cedric, and finally a part (bass & keys) was looped, they all waved and walked off. I had read about this new ending before, so I knew the show was over at this point, but most of the people seemed surprised that it had ended although they still could hear some music and started clapping only a minute later. The show ended at 10:20 p.m., so they played about 1 hour and 50 minutes.

The drive back home was pretty remarkable for me. After cruising the Belgian and Dutch highways, the trouble started when I was back in Germany, in terms of a traffic sign telling "traffic jam ahead". Now at 2:00 a.m. this makes you rather think the police forgot to remove the sign, but it was so true (and can only happen in the Ruhr area). The highway was closed and I (and quite a few other cars and trucks, interesting how many people drive at night) had to stop there for more than 1 hour :sad: Probably only listening to TMV kept me awake. Very much later some police cars squeezed their way through and people were allowed to turn. So this night was not only my first time hearing a couple of remarkable TMV songs live, but also to become a wrong-way driver on the highway for the first time :unsure: Unfortunately this incident reduced my sleep to less than 2 hours, so in retrospect I had to accept quite some things to see that show :rolleyes:

#11 yeahfontaine

yeahfontaine

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Joined 19-July 08

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:11 PM

Brilliant review, a doubt. Thanks!!!

#12 brucef

brucef

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 26-February 16

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:25 AM

any re-up in mediafire?

#13 feelsgoodman

feelsgoodman

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5211 posts
  • Joined 04-June 05
  • Interests:MUSIC

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:49 AM

This is the original thread for the recording posted by 'a doubt'. I don't have this show anymore so if you really want it, you could try asking her.

The show from the next night, December 7, is available on mediafire here. That one is definitely a high quality recording with the same setlist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users