IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

December 2, 2009 - Copenhagen, DKStore Vega

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 yeahfontaine

yeahfontaine

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Joined 19-July 08

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:50 AM

Ooooooh...More details, please, kids!!!???

Any comments from Cedric? What were interactions onstage like? Was Cedric dancing a lot? Smiles from Omar? Vocal improvs on any songs? You know, iimportant Volta stuff...

P.S. Thanks for the info, Chris!

#22 Marleyfff

Marleyfff

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Joined 09-October 03
  • Interests:Hi! well i like a lot of things

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:00 AM

Oh and one last thing.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE FUCKING MOSH-PITTERS?

God. I'm so ashamed of being danish sometimes. Is the crowd like this in other countries too? Fuck. I was standing 2nd/3rd row from the front until goliath where I had to move back because some fat ass douche bag with a crew cut went tornado in the crowd. What the fuck is wrong with actually dancing and jumping around without bashing people's faces into their skulls? So I went back just behind the mosh pit and stood there and danced. I guess Cedric liked my approach as he seemed to always take place with his mic right in front of me and look straight down at me - he did that quite a lot throughout the concert.

Oh well :)

That's what happens at a good rock concert. I saw Tool (on mushrooms) in Luxembourg (near Amsterdam) and I know it was just the mushrooms, but I felt like I had somehow separated myself from the crowd by leaning backwards and observing... this being Luxembourg, there were about 50 giant skinheads meat-plowing each other center-stage and I was chillin' by the bassist, who really is the key to that band. I kept feeling the eye contact and the lights on the crowd and when a tall dude with epic blond hair got in my way, Maynard started doing a weird snake-charmer type dance, I believed to be luring me out from behind the shadowy individual.

Ok but I was tripping, alright?

^^^hahaha that's great! what made that dude's blond hair so epic?? I remember tripping at Tool and ignoring all the crazy Alex Grey artwork and just fixating on the back of some guy's head hahahahaha

and don't be ashamed of being Danish other guy! Crowds blow worldwide.

Anyway, back to the topic, sorry to cut in when I'm definitely not in Denmark and have nothing to add

#23 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

The joke is INSIDE the joke!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:02 AM

Oh and one last thing.

God. I'm so ashamed of being danish sometimes. Is the crowd like this in other countries too? Fuck. I was standing 2nd/3rd row from the front until goliath where I had to move back because some fat ass douche bag with a crew cut went tornado in the crowd. What the fuck is wrong with actually dancing and jumping around without bashing people's faces into their skulls? So I went back just behind the mosh pit and stood there and danced. I guess Cedric liked my approach as he seemed to always take place with his mic right in front of me and look straight down at me - he did that quite a lot throughout the concert.

That's what happens at a good rock concert. I saw Tool (on mushrooms) in Luxembourg (near Amsterdam) and I know it was just the mushrooms, but I felt like I had somehow separated myself from the crowd by leaning backwards and observing... this being Luxembourg, there were about 50 giant skinheads meat-plowing each other center-stage and I was chillin' by the bassist, who really is the key to that band. I kept feeling the eye contact and the lights on the crowd and when a tall dude with epic blond hair got in my way, Maynard started doing a weird snake-charmer type dance, I believed to be luring me out from behind the shadowy individual.

Ok but I was tripping, alright?

^^^hahaha that's great! what made that dude's blond hair so epic?? I remember tripping at Tool and ignoring all the crazy Alex Grey artwork and just fixating on the back of some guy's head hahahahaha

and don't be ashamed of being Danish other guy! Crowds blow worldwide.

Anyway, back to the topic, sorry to cut in when I'm definitely not in Denmark and have nothing to add

I'm not in Denmark either. But the dude was definitely of Nordic descent.

#24 Voodoo Chile

Voodoo Chile

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2859 posts
  • Joined 15-March 05

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:43 AM

Oh and one last thing.

there are douchebags in every country. nationality has nothing to do with it.

#25 Stroma

Stroma

The Man, The Myth....The Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6062 posts
  • Joined 15-December 03

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:14 AM

Oh and one last thing.

there are douchebags in every country. nationality has nothing to do with it.

Exactly. We have quite a few on this forum that I would ban without even second guessing. Someone give me mod powers....

#26 endoia

endoia

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Joined 14-November 08

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:40 AM

as the wind beckon calls, the earth rolls over in its sleep. calm frustrations meet their peaks. thin streams of whispers drip from the extremities...

#27 The Brownie Monster

The Brownie Monster

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08
  • Interests:Sights, sounds, and feels

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:49 AM

What the fuck?! That's an epic setlist! No such love like that for the US. :(

#28 endoia

endoia

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Joined 14-November 08

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:14 AM

i also wonder why such the distaste for us statesmen...did we not once quill the English tirade of force....as well as the lessons we taught young omar...did not don juan himself settle amongst our plateaus and cacti.... in order to instruct the lessons we should all share.......

#29 milr26

milr26

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 04-November 09

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:38 AM

Oh and one last thing.

I'm sure it's pretty typical everywhere. It was like that when I saw them at the Roseland in NYC. The moshers were awful. Every time I got into the show they slammed into me and I'd go flying several feet - ridiculous. What happened to moshing etiquette? They were literally using the 'non-moshers' as their barrier. I ended up punching, elbowing etc. but they didn't care. I tried to move several times but it didn't matter. All I wanted to do was dance... I mean seriously, who moshes to The Widow?! It was my first time seeing TMV so it was still amazing but it would have been better if they weren't there.

#30 endoia

endoia

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Joined 14-November 08

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:01 AM

if anyone wants to fly me out there, and buy my ticket as well, i am surely up for the adventure....

#31 The Brownie Monster

The Brownie Monster

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08
  • Interests:Sights, sounds, and feels

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:09 AM

if anyone wants to fly me out there, and buy my ticket as well, i am surely up for the adventure....

#32 endoia

endoia

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Joined 14-November 08

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:15 AM

yes yes, son. i am surely up for the advent.....ure....

#33 Otherdemon

Otherdemon

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Joined 20-October 03

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:11 AM

Nothing exclusive for Danish audiences. In Oslo there were mosh-tendencies as well. When the final song Roulette Dares started, a few guys upfront decided to go bananas (which I sorta understand, because the fast parts of Roulette are "mosh material"). But fortunately a couple of security guards stepped into the audience to get 'em to stop that shit, probably threatening to throw 'em out :biggrin: And they did.

#34 homemadefading

homemadefading

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1314 posts
  • Joined 08-October 06

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:01 PM

I'm stunned that I am the first to report this, but Ceddy went strongly out of tune in the first song. I was actually a little bit embarrassed. Thank God, he became better, but that was painful for a moment. And I felt Dave and Marcel was a bit out of sync with each other at a couple moments. The setlist was awesome. Really, really good.

The crowd sucked, though. When the music calmed down for a minute, as it often does with TMV, everybody felt the need to strike up a conversation. What the hell? The quiet bits are fuckin' fantastic! DON'T TALK OVER OMEY'S GENTLE RIFFS!

And lastly, some asses in the crowd started clapping along with the tune. When did a TMV concert turn into the fuckin' Idols finale? And Ceddy was obviously annoyed at the end when he left the stage. If it wouldn't have been for some people, I'm sure he would have continued for a song more...

Anyway, not the best concert ever (the best being the three hour gig in Hamburg 2008), but still highly enjoyable. I just love watching Omar and Marcel. Their energy is so muted, but still very present. And they are both pretty damn hot.

#35 Lewis T

Lewis T

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1115 posts
  • Joined 01-April 05
  • Interests:Music [http://www.last.fm/user/OwlBoat]; Video-games: Final Fantasy, Zelda, Mario, Shenmue...; General Internet-ing; Pingu, Royle Family, Simpsons, Friends..some films, some books STUPID CHARACTER LIMITS.
  • Facebook
  • Myspace
  • Twitter

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:48 PM

to be fair I don't think it's hard to get cedric annoyed. i don't think there's anything explicitly wrong with clapping to a certain segment of a song live or whatever.

#36 karmasatanist

karmasatanist

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 02-December 09

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

Ooooooh...More details, please, kids!!!???

Any comments from Cedric? What were interactions onstage like? Was Cedric dancing a lot? Smiles from Omar? Vocal improvs on any songs? You know, iimportant Volta stuff...

P.S. Thanks for the info, Chris!

Here's the Setlist (managed to get one out of the three, which were handed out after the concert)...

Furthermore:

Cedric didn't say anything throughout the entire concert, and only waved! goodbye after Roulette.
He did dance a lot! (not as much as back in the days, but I was still impressed)
Omar did smile occasionally, allthough he seemed kind of frustrated towards te end (don't know why)
The vocal-improv's were few, but brilliant. Cedric really seemed to know how he could make it fit with the music...

Attached Files

#37 the Grim of Lanterns

the Grim of Lanterns

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 21-July 07

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:15 PM

You lucky Euros, you always get the sweet concerts. I'm anxious about how Dave sounds, the big test will be Tetra. Everytime I hear Tetra live, it sounds nothing like the album and throws me off, but I only heard Thomas play it and the intro especially was, I dunno, just not as badass as Theodore's opening to that song. If a genie could grant me a Volta wish, it would be for the concert to begin with Vicarious, then go into Tetra. While I'm on this wish, how about Jon gets to play it too

War LP6!!!

#38 Chris-G.

Chris-G.

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Joined 07-May 04

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:37 PM

I'm stunned that I am the first to report this, but Ceddy went strongly out of tune in the first song. I was actually a little bit embarrassed. Thank God, he became better, but that was painful for a moment. And I felt Dave and Marcel was a bit out of sync with each other at a couple moments. The setlist was awesome. Really, really good.

The crowd sucked, though. When the music calmed down for a minute, as it often does with TMV, everybody felt the need to strike up a conversation. What the hell? The quiet bits are fuckin' fantastic! DON'T TALK OVER OMEY'S GENTLE RIFFS!

And lastly, some asses in the crowd started clapping along with the tune. When did a TMV concert turn into the fuckin' Idols finale? And Ceddy was obviously annoyed at the end when he left the stage. If it wouldn't have been for some people, I'm sure he would have continued for a song more...

Anyway, not the best concert ever (the best being the three hour gig in Hamburg 2008), but still highly enjoyable. I just love watching Omar and Marcel. Their energy is so muted, but still very present. And they are both pretty damn hot.

Yeah cedric wasn't so good the first song, but he got damn good during the show. As you said yourself, the quiet jams were fucking fantastic, and that's where Cedric really shined in my opinion. Do you remember his voice impro during the cicatriz jam? the "round and round and round and round" part? That was fucking good.

I love those jams. And yes fuck the people talking. I was right by the mosh pit, and it was pretty obvious that the mosh-pitters were also the talkers during the slow parts. I actually shushed at them at one point :)

#39 Cygnus Vade

Cygnus Vade

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 17-April 09

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:49 PM

why aren't any of these shows being recorded in entirety? if they are, why isn't anyone uploading them? there is such a vast catalog of tmv shows on here, where are these shows?

#40 Soracha

Soracha

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Joined 02-February 09

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:28 PM

During the Cicatriz jam Cedric quoted the Frank Zappa song "Magic Fingers", singing the lines:
"Open up your pocketbook,
get another quarter out,
drop it in the meter, mama
and try me on for size"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users