IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Pridgen Fired?Confirmed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2654 replies to this topic

#2021 LouisGilbrook

LouisGilbrook

oh..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5599 posts
  • Joined 27-November 08
  • Interests:You.

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:02 PM

our new drummer's gonna be a great one, trust me on this,, one, y'all.

OUR!??? who are you anyways k-new? staff?...... band member?

I'm an angry bear !.

:mad: :gummybear: :mad:

#2022 manstis1804

manstis1804

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Joined 25-January 05
  • Interests:Music: making it

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:21 PM

I'm gonna be pissed if it's Dave Elitch. No more gospel drummers for the love of god, Mars Volta are NOT a gospel BEEYAND!!!

#2023 wonderbrother

wonderbrother

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Joined 12-March 07

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:33 PM

^^agreed the last thing they need is a white version of TP with less skill

#2024 crazyleggedj

crazyleggedj

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Joined 25-December 03

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:46 PM

i bet he asks zack hill this time. then they could add cryptomnesia songs to the volta setlists.

#2025 somber_vertigo

somber_vertigo

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • Joined 09-April 05

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:48 PM

I'm gonna be pissed if it's Dave Elitch. No more gospel drummers for the love of god, Mars Volta are NOT a gospel BEEYAND!!!

bahahaha

#2026 MaX PoWeRs

MaX PoWeRs

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2196 posts
  • Joined 02-July 06
  • Interests:Gnarly things
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:57 AM

"Can everyone in the audience stop praying"

#2027 Eduard E. Bola

Eduard E. Bola

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2097 posts
  • Joined 02-July 06

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:44 PM

I'm just bummed cause I was looking forward to one day seeing askepios live, and I don't know how another drummer would pull that off.

#2028 celestial

celestial

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Joined 22-June 06

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:51 AM

I'm just bummed cause I was looking forward to one day seeing askepios live, and I don't know how another drummer would pull that off.

Askepios:

Have you creamed yourself yet? :biggrin:

#2029 Cake

Cake

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 08-October 09

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:09 AM

Askepios:

i didnt even knew it was possible to do so much shit in 2:53 mins.

#2030 ArtDamage

ArtDamage

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1159 posts
  • Joined 22-September 07
  • Interests:my band: www.myspace.com/agprix<br />for fans of volta, tsoaf, circa survive, maps and atlases, fall of troy, coheed, etc.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:05 PM

i just want a drummer that actually knows what dynamics are.

#2031 Spousewound

Spousewound

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 171 posts
  • Joined 07-December 05

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:27 PM

YEAH! I hope this is true, no offence to pridgen but I've never liked what he turned tmv into, he ruined tmv for me, I hope they get a jazz drummer next time, someone with real taste in sound, dynamics and so on... no-one can top theodore though, althought i think he brought everything he's got on the three albums already. but youknow there's so many so AMAZING drummers out there... they should try like an older european jazz gezzer out, i hope they now understand that chops isn't everything.

#2032 Cake

Cake

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 08-October 09

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:35 PM

YEAH! I hope this is true, no offence to pridgen but I've never liked what he turned tmv into, he ruined tmv for me, I hope they get a jazz drummer next time, someone with real taste in sound, dynamics and so on... no-one can top theodore though, althought i think he brought everything he's got on the three albums already. but youknow there's so many so AMAZING drummers out there... they should try like an older european jazz gezzer out, i hope they now understand that chops isn't everything.

damion reid is good too.
but i still prefer chris dave

#2033 Spousewound

Spousewound

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 171 posts
  • Joined 07-December 05

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:17 PM

damion reid is good too.

chris dave has crazy grooves, but i think he's a bit too r&b, they need someone with a more out of the box flavor i think.

hell bring JT back!

#2034 Mindo

Mindo

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 11-September 09

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:59 PM

They should go get Martin Lopez :)

#2035 Cake

Cake

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 08-October 09

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:41 PM

damion reid is good too.

chris dave has crazy grooves, but i think he's a bit too r&b, they need someone with a more out of the box flavor i think.

hell bring JT back!

lol how much more out of the box can you get when you're already talking about chris dave?
the dude has been called the new tony williams!
but yes.. he has a strong hiphop background.. however those cats are very versatile so you never know

#2036 Frequencysweep

Frequencysweep

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Joined 24-January 09

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:52 PM

freemoralagents
No thomas pridgen is not Fired
1:25 AM Oct 22nd from web

That Ikey twit is no longer on his profile

Well color me fucking surprised. Ain't that convenient. :rolleyes:

This never happened.

But I saw you leave...

..through a thread of reposted facebook updates.

this never happened......

It's too bad Phish is too busy with their first fall tour in six years, or the Volta could do the sensible thing and hire Jon Fishman.

Maybe they could let him sing, too.

iam pretty sure Fish yelling "Olive Loaf" during the end section of Roulette Dares might piss off somebody...that and TMV has no need for a frock...girl pants maybe but not a frock

#2037 ploppythesausage

ploppythesausage

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 02-June 04

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

For a band that talk (or at least used to) about Can every chance they get (before they started talking only about themselves) why have they moved in a direction that seems to be about every band member overplaying (apart from Juan and Ikey, who should be pushed upfront)?
As impressed i am by Prigden, and that the Bedlam show I was at was far better than the three times I saw them with John, there is definately a lack of dynamics since Jon left. He knew when and what to play which is more important than being able to fill every bit of space with noise. Omar knew this once too (listen to how much space their is on Tremulant) before he began soloing over every really-cool-on-its-own-leave-it-as-it-is riff. Although, listening to Xenopehenes there aren't as many two-note tremolo-picked wah solos as on other solo records - its an excellent album!)
Dynamics-wise, the drum thing wouldnt matter too much on record if they weren't smothered by every sound being the same volume and all of them effected by the same delay and reverb. Dynamics should work on a song basis, not per album.
Having said that, still the best band going, the most adventurous (apart from Octahedron - but kudos for doing it), exciting live and I always look forward to their records. I just hope they remember that they are a band - working together to create great music, not each of them (or some of them) playing like a virtuoso all the time.

#2038 Eduard E. Bola

Eduard E. Bola

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2097 posts
  • Joined 02-July 06

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:18 PM

Askepios:

i didnt even knew it was possible to do so much shit in 2:53 mins.

this is pretty chill

#2039 Cotopaxihedron

Cotopaxihedron

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 25-April 09

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:05 AM

Zach Hill. Period.

#2040 pentahedron

pentahedron

Miranda