IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Noctourniquet Vinyl(#06)

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#1 tokyoisdead

tokyoisdead

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 179 posts
  • Joined 02-February 12
  • Twitter

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

Omar: "Noctourniquet vinyl is going into production.. will have a release date soon"
Cedric: "Our noctourniquet vinyl is gearing up to be very special. @PXLR8R(Sonny Kay) is busting his ass sideways for hardcore Volta fans. Don't miss out!"

#2 nardo

nardo

Lord of the Links

• Dictator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6114 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

Anyone know if this will be available in local record stores as well or just online order?

#3 tokyoisdead

tokyoisdead

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 179 posts
  • Joined 02-February 12
  • Twitter

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

Anyone know if this will be available in local record stores as well or just online order?

I'm thinking online cause that's what they did with the cd/lithograph bundle.. & those sold out quick.

#4 Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Miranda

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 07-May 09

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

Fuck. For a minute I thought the pre-order was up. I will be so pissed off if I miss out on this.

#5 drunkship123

drunkship123

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3021 posts
  • Joined 16-January 07

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

How much is a Volta vinyl generally? I missed out on vinyl up until about a month ago and I'm glad I started listening to it...now if I only did when Frances The Mute wasn't $200...

#6 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1646 posts
  • Joined 24-July 06

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

Between $20-30 is a safe assumption

#7 nardo

nardo

Lord of the Links

• Dictator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6114 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

I'm thinking online cause that's what they did with the cd/lithograph bundle.. & those sold out quick.

I'm thinking the same but I wanted to hear from someone who knows. ;)

#8 Kitt

Kitt

Ba da be boopi

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1427 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

I'm thinking the same but I wanted to hear from someone who knows. ;)

Niels, the guy behind Willie Anderson Recordings (which released a great amount of ORL solo albums) is in charge for Rodriguez-Lopez Productions Europe now (released Cizana and Tychozorente as well as some European releases of TMV/ORL albums out in US, such Cryptomnesia and Octahedron) so I'd say yes, they will hit store too. Octahedron vinyl release in Europe and stores was a bit different than the original one though. For example no plastic jacket, no sticker and no slipmat at all, I guess that if they will plan some limited stuff comin with the release, you will have to order it from the online store.

#9 deadeye

deadeye

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2268 posts
  • Joined 07-April 05

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

they're usually reasonably priced for a 2 disc set. i think tbig was pretty expensive though

#10 el rono

el rono

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Joined 16-September 10

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

I got my Octa with plastic jacket print out of a store.

#11 belts

belts

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 19-August 09

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

I heard it won't be out until a couple weeks after the CD/digital release.

That said, I hope pre-orders don't go up before next Friday, since I'm broke again. -_-

everythingisaboutme

#12 Kitt

Kitt

Ba da be boopi

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1427 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

I got my Octa with plastic jacket print out of a store.

I was talking about the possibility to find the vinyl in European music stores, of course it will be possible to find it in stores both in US and EUR but if there will be some limited thing with it, you will mostly be able to have it just buying the vinyl from Hellomerch store (like it happened for the slipmat which came with first 500 Octa vinyl orders).

#13 el rono

el rono

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Joined 16-September 10

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

Oki
I like to catch up stoff from my local store, but in this case I think I want it as soon as possible, that means preorder.

#14 Ornament

Ornament

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1135 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

How much is a Volta vinyl generally? I missed out on vinyl up until about a month ago and I'm glad I started listening to it...now if I only did when Frances The Mute wasn't $200...

Keep checking this site, got Frances and Deloused for $40 each.

#15 Cosmic Lung

Cosmic Lung

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Joined 06-July 07

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

i think hes talking about original price. i have an old GSL mailorder form and they originally sold deloused for $24 and FTM 3xLP for $26. octa is still available for $23.

you might still be able to find some out of print stuff but probably not deloused or the glow in the dark frances. a year or so ago they cleaned out an old GSL storage thing and found a bunch of amputechture vinyls and i think something else and were selling them on hello merch and then some other site which i forget the name of found a bunch of 3xLP frances and were selling them for original price around the same time.

#16 Simply the Beast

Simply the Beast

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 01-February 11

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:56 AM

So glad I have De-Loused and Frances on vinyl, they sound spectacular! I sadly do not have any of their other full lengths on vinyl, but I do have the L'via L'viaquez single vinyl, and two Frances The Mute w/ The Widow live... not to mention the ATDI split with Sunshine. So I'm hoping to get up to speed here and get the rest, including Noctourniquet!

#17 ballsmcgrath

ballsmcgrath

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Joined 17-October 10

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

the preorder is going to be a limited color vinyl set and when its out its out. stores will get the standard.

#18 tankadv

tankadv

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 05-June 05

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

GSL originally sold the glow-in-the-dark version of Frances the Mute that came with the Frances the Mute 12" (the song Frances the Mute and the live acoustic version of The Widow) for $50. It's ridiculous what those are going for now.

#19 Kitt

Kitt

Ba da be boopi

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1427 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

GSL originally sold the glow-in-the-dark version of Frances the Mute that came with the Frances the Mute 12" (the song Frances the Mute and the live acoustic version of The Widow) for $50. It's ridiculous what those are going for now.

it's true but consider that FTM glow in dark edition was way limited and it was clearly stated when it was released, just 1,000 copies.

#20 mirrorboxer

mirrorboxer

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 30-June 07

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

it's true but consider that FTM glow in dark edition was way limited and it was clearly stated when it was released, just 1,000 copies.

It was clearly stated when it was released, just 500 copies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users