IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Sharks in the Gene PoolOmar's new film

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 tokyoisdead

tokyoisdead

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 185 posts
  • Joined 02-February 12

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

First thing we've heard of this film is on a review of Los Chidos by the LA Times!

"Lately, Rodriguez Lopez has been working behind the camera at a break-neck pace. As his current film is debuting in Austin, Rodriguez-Lopez is already preparing to release another completed film, "El Divino Influjo de los Secretos," and is working on the script for "Niño de Esperanza," which he plans to start shooting in El Paso this fall."

Here's the link. http://latimesblogs....os-chidos-.html

#2 wariotaskforce

wariotaskforce

funposter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2654 posts
  • Joined 24-July 10
  • Interests:thimble dick

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

This man is a monster. I would love to see him start releasing his films. Does he not know that he can make money to make more off of these damn things? There's a whole shit ton of nerds like us who would gladly pay to see his movies/buy his DVDs.

#3 tokyoisdead

tokyoisdead

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 185 posts
  • Joined 02-February 12

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

"What are you going to do next?
Film wise, we're trying to get this next project funded, called "Nino y Esperanza," and it's taking a typical barrio film and flipping it on its head."

So I think it's going to be called Nino y Esperanza.

#4 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6868 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

http://www.elpasoinc...19bb30f31a.html

Posted Image

SYPNOSIS:
Nino y La Esperanza is the story of a family torn between following their dreams and the strange circumstances that befall them. Nino y Esperanza must learn how to take care of each other after their parents are infected with a manmade disease.

Can we get the topic title changed?

#5 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1133 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

I hope Kim Stodel and Nomar Rizo are in this. It's weird to see someone else actually writing the script, because Omar is a pretty damn good writer himself, at least from the story perspective even if TSES and Los Chidos are largely improvised in front of the camera.

#6 tokyoisdead

tokyoisdead

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 185 posts
  • Joined 02-February 12

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

Thx, Koral.

#7 Counting The Toll

Counting The Toll

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2068 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

I am going to this audition! This is the perfect opportunity to work with Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez! This is absolutely amazing news! Perfection! Hooray!

#8 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

The joke is INSIDE the joke!

• Members
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Yay! Do it! :)

#9 Counting The Toll

Counting The Toll

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2068 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

I know I'm so stoked! I'm going to take the Greyhound bus to El Paso, TX in a couple days! Woohoo! This is going to be my first time in El Paso, it should be an exciting experience!

#10 Germán F.

Germán F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2515 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

I know I'm so stoked! I'm going to take the Greyhound bus to El Paso, TX in a couple days! Woohoo! This is going to be my first time in El Paso, it should be an exciting experience!

You realize if you get a role you'll have to be in El Paso for like a month while the movie is filmed, right? By the way, Tricky Falls where they're having the auditions is a block from the greyhound bus station. Also, Eureka the Butcher is performing the next day at this small bar Black Market by UTEP, not too far from downtown. If you need info on the city let me know, I've lived in El Paso/Juarez all my life.

#11 Counting The Toll

Counting The Toll

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2068 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

You realize if you get a role you'll have to be in El Paso for like a month while the movie is filmed, right? By the way, Tricky Falls where they're having the auditions is a block from the greyhound bus station. Also, Eureka the Butcher is performing the next day at this small bar Black Market by UTEP, not too far from downtown. If you need info on the city let me know, I've lived in El Paso/Juarez all my life.

Yea, I was thinking about where I should stay in El Paso. I saw that on mapquest how Tricky Falls is just a block away from the station which is super convenient. I would love to see Eureka The Butcher perform the next day, but I'll be heading back to California for my brother's birthday the next day! Hey German F., you should PM (Personal Message) me because I will definitely need a place to stay for month. Can I stay with you? Also, does anyone know the official dates of the rehearsal? My cousin's wedding is on the 28th, so if the rehearsals are on December 28th, I won't be able to go.

#12 Germán F.

Germán F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2515 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

Yea, I was thinking about where I should stay in El Paso. I saw that on mapquest how Tricky Falls is just a block away from the station which is super convenient. I would love to see Eureka The Butcher perform the next day, but I'll be heading back to California for my brother's birthday the next day! Hey German F., you should PM (Personal Message) me because I will definitely need a place to stay for month. Can I stay with you? Also, does anyone know the official dates of the rehearsal? My cousin's wedding is on the 28th, so if the rehearsals are on December 28th, I won't be able to go.

Don't worry, if you get a role, I'm sure the Rodriguez-Lopez brothers will let you crash at their bachelor pad. It'll probably be like a hotel 'cause of the movie filming anyway. The casting call just says they'll start rehearsing late Dec and filming in Jan, they'll probably tell you the exact dates at the auditions. I was an extra for TSES and want to do it again for this one, it was a lot of fun, but they'll probably film at random times and I'll be too busy at work to take time off.

#13 Counting The Toll

Counting The Toll

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2068 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

Don't worry, if you get a role, I'm sure the Rodriguez-Lopez brothers will let you crash at their bachelor pad. It'll probably be like a hotel 'cause of the movie filming anyway. The casting call just says they'll start rehearsing late Dec and filming in Jan, they'll probably tell you the exact dates at the auditions. I was an extra for TSES and want to do it again for this one, it was a lot of fun, but they'll probably film at random times and I'll be too busy at work to take time off.

Good times, dude that sounds absolutely awesome! Did you stay with the Rodriguez-Lopez's when you were in The Sentimental Engine Slayer? I'm excited to visit El Paso, I've never been there before. I'll let you know how the audition goes. I don't know if Omar's brothers will be around during the filming, but I'm sure I'll find a place to stay. What was it like working on TSES?

#14 Germán F.

Germán F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2515 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Good times, dude that sounds absolutely awesome! Did you stay with the Rodriguez-Lopez's when you were in The Sentimental Engine Slayer? I'm excited to visit El Paso, I've never been there before. I'll let you know how the audition goes. I don't know if Omar's brothers will be around during the filming, but I'm sure I'll find a place to stay. What was it like working on TSES?

I was only an extra for a day during the bar/club scenes, Omar was super cool, he was laughing and joking around the whole time. My expectation was that he was quiet and serious, totally the opposite. Marcel was acting as a drag prostitute and Marfred was there as an extra too. Juan and Paul were also there 'cause they were producers. They all are super cool people, easy to talk to... Just don't go to Juarez! The bridge to cross over to Mexico is a few blocks from Tricky Falls.

#15 Counting The Toll

Counting The Toll

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2068 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

I was only an extra for a day during the bar/club scenes, Omar was super cool, he was laughing and joking around the whole time. My expectation was that he was quiet and serious, totally the opposite. Marcel was acting as a drag prostitute and Marfred was there as an extra too. Juan and Paul were also there 'cause they were producers. They all are super cool people, easy to talk to... Just don't go to Juarez! The bridge to cross over to Mexico is a few blocks from Tricky Falls.

Wiiiiiiild dude that's awesome! Sounds like a fun experience! I'm super excited for the journey there and to experience El Paso. It's been a calling of mine for many years to work with Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez. I'm honored to have this opportunity. I want the leading role, I know I'm ready for it!

#16 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

The joke is INSIDE the joke!

• Members
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

This guy's got star written all over him. Tell them I said that.

#17 Counting The Toll

Counting The Toll

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2068 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

This guy's got star written all over him. Tell them I said that.

WE'RE ALL STARS HERE!!!!! Lol

#18 Germán F.

Germán F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2515 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

I hope Kim Stodel and Nomar Rizo are in this. It's weird to see someone else actually writing the script, because Omar is a pretty damn good writer himself, at least from the story perspective even if TSES and Los Chidos are largely improvised in front of the camera.

I just realized that Nomar Rizo's real name is Ramon Villa-Hernandez, the writer of this movie. I guess Omar is collaborating in everything, not just music.

#19 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • 6868 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

Yep Nomar Rizo is just his acting pseudonym I think. I'm guessing that Omar still wrote the story and Ramon just wrote the script. Should be pretty interesting though, he was definitely one of the best actors in TSES in my opinion (which is why I really want to see El Divino, since he plays the main character in that).

#20 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1133 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

Hey Koral, did you see Los Chidos? Nomar plays a hilarious butcher who kills baby fetuses in the slaughterhouse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users