IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Amputechture vinyls

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 buddh4sack

buddh4sack

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4394 posts
  • Joined 19-April 08
  • Interests:The Secret of The Widow

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Man, I hate to be the school marm but...

"Vinyls" is not a word. The plural of vinyl is "vinyl" like deer is the word for multiple deer. Or you could say records.

Not trying to be a jerk, just educating. I've been on some forums where people are tarred & feathered for saying "vinyls."

So vinyl gets no plural word variation, yet "person" gets two, "persons" and "people"? A load of fuckin' bullshit, that's what this is.

#22 guitarmaniac327

guitarmaniac327

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 28-June 09

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

Man, I hate to be the school marm but...

"Vinyls" is not a word. The plural of vinyl is "vinyl" like deer is the word for multiple deer. Or you could say records.

Not trying to be a jerk, just educating. I've been on some forums where people are tarred & feathered for saying "vinyls."

Thank God someone said this. My inner grammar-nazi was losing patience. Plural of "vinyl" is "vinyl." Or "records"/"lps".

#23 jimmyjoe

jimmyjoe

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 24-October 10
  • Interests:magnets

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

One of my girlfriends friends thought the plural of "sheep" was "lamb". True story!

#24 ayjah

ayjah

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Joined 16-May 12

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

Would like to get my hands on it but I'm not going to pay extra money to go into some greedy fan boy/girls pockets when I missed the chance to get it new for $20. Didn't think that less than a year later people would be trying to sell them $100 a pop.. LOL, people are fucked up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users