IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

MastodonThe Hunter coming September 27th

• Please log in to reply
1130 replies to this topic

#1 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03
  • Interests:Artsy fartsy stuff, cryptozoology, montauk project, the silent hill series, experimental science, jamming in free jazz pick up bands, wearing funny hats, moogs, trying to con the manager at pizza hut into giving me their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in Time arcade machine, surrealism, the avant garde in general, painting, turning that one cheapo delay pedal I have to max repeats then strike a single chord and watch the walls melt, trying to find out where the hole under my house goes, getting really drunk and arm wrestling at the shifty bar outside of work, most likely embarrasing myself in the process, crossbreeding vegetables, keeping the phone off the hook, collecting toasters and microwaves, talking to my burt reynolds like neighbor, hiding behind the waterfall in the summer only to jump out scaring the kids as they try to trespass on old man belinski's land so they can swim in that sweet sweet spot, talking about finishing my mural on the local High School's chemistry lab, never actually working on it though, jumping to conclusions, winning under suspicious circumstances, faking my death, listening to Bill Cosby records

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:32 AM

Wait's over, it's out there on the internet. And it's very lovable.

Posted Image

#2 Smilin' Desperado

Smilin' Desperado

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4040 posts
  • Joined 10-September 03
  • Interests:Reading, Cooking, Music, Tv Shows, Food Network, not doing laundry, beach, the sun, cold weather, expensive dinners, shoes ,comfortable clothes, google, kittens, puppies, wikipedia, electronic music, being high, baked goods, being awesome.
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:49 AM

i want

#3 TheLuminousPhish

TheLuminousPhish

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5905 posts
  • Joined 27-October 03
  • Interests:book club and tea club
  • Facebook

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:51 AM

Ahhh! Real Monsters!

#4 Joeri

Joeri

Awesome!

• Founding Father
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1617 posts
  • Joined 29-June 03
  • Interests:Peacocks.

Posted 31 July 2004 - 08:14 AM

Damn, you're always the one who posts first about the great leaks.

#5 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03
  • Interests:Artsy fartsy stuff, cryptozoology, montauk project, the silent hill series, experimental science, jamming in free jazz pick up bands, wearing funny hats, moogs, trying to con the manager at pizza hut into giving me their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in Time arcade machine, surrealism, the avant garde in general, painting, turning that one cheapo delay pedal I have to max repeats then strike a single chord and watch the walls melt, trying to find out where the hole under my house goes, getting really drunk and arm wrestling at the shifty bar outside of work, most likely embarrasing myself in the process, crossbreeding vegetables, keeping the phone off the hook, collecting toasters and microwaves, talking to my burt reynolds like neighbor, hiding behind the waterfall in the summer only to jump out scaring the kids as they try to trespass on old man belinski's land so they can swim in that sweet sweet spot, talking about finishing my mural on the local High School's chemistry lab, never actually working on it though, jumping to conclusions, winning under suspicious circumstances, faking my death, listening to Bill Cosby records

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:12 PM

I'm leak central, baby.

#6 Limits are Lies

Limits are Lies

buzz saw sex organism

• Members
  • 32098 posts
  • Joined 29-June 03

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:28 PM

i've been told i should listen to mastadon. i haven't heard anything of theirs. but an album cover said "MTV2 HEADBANGER'S BALL" so i was reticent to buy it.

#7 Lime Fetus

Lime Fetus

shoop da whoop

• Members
  • 5279 posts
  • Joined 11-July 03

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:29 PM

Mastodon are fantastic, one of the few metal bands I really, really like. When does this thing officially come out?

#8 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:30 PM

It's basically stoner rock mixed with hardcore. It's excellent.

#9 Limits are Lies

Limits are Lies

buzz saw sex organism

• Members
  • 32098 posts
  • Joined 29-June 03

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:32 PM

genres can kiss my post-punk-cum-80s-grindcore-new-wave ass.

#10 justin314

justin314

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1275 posts
  • Joined 11-December 03
  • Interests:music

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:06 PM

i'm not a metal guy. but these guys get my endorsement. saw them open for clutch and they were awesome.

#11 Limits are Lies

Limits are Lies

buzz saw sex organism

• Members
  • 32098 posts
  • Joined 29-June 03

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:23 PM

i'll look into it. the guy who made this thread....he has yet to steer me heinously wrong.

#12 inertiatic

inertiatic

Sir Bastard Swine Of Fuzz

• Members
  • 5197 posts
  • Joined 13-August 03
  • Interests:football, support newcastle united FC.<br />music e.g. TMV, the murder of rosa luxemburg, beecher, johnny truant, 3 stages of pain, charger, cubic space division, drive like you stole it, mithras, etc.

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:13 PM

mastodon are awesome. Remission was an underground classic, and got re-released, and is just becomming a classic.

#13 post_scriptum

post_scriptum

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2216 posts
  • Joined 20-June 04

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:24 PM

Mastodon are fantastic, one of the few metal bands I really, really like. When does this thing officially come out?

View Post

August 31th and I can't find it :dry:

#14 Limits are Lies

Limits are Lies

buzz saw sex organism

• Members
  • 32098 posts
  • Joined 29-June 03

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:05 PM

that album cover is lame, though. then again, i'm not a fan of most hardcore album covers.

#15 Smilin' Desperado

Smilin' Desperado

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4040 posts
  • Joined 10-September 03
  • Interests:Reading, Cooking, Music, Tv Shows, Food Network, not doing laundry, beach, the sun, cold weather, expensive dinners, shoes ,comfortable clothes, google, kittens, puppies, wikipedia, electronic music, being high, baked goods, being awesome.
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:06 PM

that album cover is lame, though. then again, i'm not a fan of most hardcore album covers.

View Post

they ARNT hardcore

#16 Leonidas

Leonidas

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 26-July 04

Posted 31 July 2004 - 08:22 PM

ja

#17 Lime Fetus

Lime Fetus

shoop da whoop

• Members
  • 5279 posts
  • Joined 11-July 03

Posted 31 July 2004 - 08:23 PM

If you think the cover is lame you may not like the lyrical content.

#18 justin314

justin314

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1275 posts
  • Joined 11-December 03
  • Interests:music

Posted 31 July 2004 - 09:51 PM

View Post

they ARNT hardcore

View Post

they are 2 hardcore guys and 2 metal guys playing prog metal.

#19 Jambolaya

Jambolaya

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Joined 17-January 04

Posted 31 July 2004 - 10:31 PM

Your truly seen 'em live last year. If I liked metal they'd be me favourite metal band. They make good metal

#20 Limits are Lies

Limits are Lies

buzz saw sex organism

• Members
  • 32098 posts
  • Joined 29-June 03

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:59 AM

I CAN DESCRIBE THEM AS HARDCORE IF I WANT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users