IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Linkin Park

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#1 Smilin' Desperado

Smilin' Desperado

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4040 posts
  • Joined 10-September 03
  • Interests:Reading, Cooking, Music, Tv Shows, Food Network, not doing laundry, beach, the sun, cold weather, expensive dinners, shoes ,comfortable clothes, google, kittens, puppies, wikipedia, electronic music, being high, baked goods, being awesome.
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:08 AM

..........................i know im gonna get shit for this, but i actually like this band, actually fuck it, i dont care

who else likes em? you have to admit they have wrote some good songs

#2 Oceanic

Oceanic

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6252 posts
  • Joined 10-February 04
  • Interests:LWOWL

Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:11 AM

You shouldn't be ashamed of liking something/someone. I ELERND THAT AT SKIOOL.

#3 Smilin' Desperado

Smilin' Desperado

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4040 posts
  • Joined 10-September 03
  • Interests:Reading, Cooking, Music, Tv Shows, Food Network, not doing laundry, beach, the sun, cold weather, expensive dinners, shoes ,comfortable clothes, google, kittens, puppies, wikipedia, electronic music, being high, baked goods, being awesome.
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:12 AM

cute mike

tour texas

you can sleep in my bed

#4 sektor

sektor

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3717 posts
  • Joined 19-January 04

Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:13 AM

No

#5 Oceanic

Oceanic

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6252 posts
  • Joined 10-February 04
  • Interests:LWOWL

Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:15 AM

Soon, soon.

#6 hardcoreone2

hardcoreone2

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Joined 22-June 04
  • Interests:Music : TMV, ATDI, Sparta, Cursive, Coheed and Cambria, Tool, Nirvana, STUN, Amen, Alkaline Trio, Brand New, AFI, Thursday, From Autumn to Ashes, QOTSA, Weezer, The Vines, Incubus, Chevelle, RATM, Audioslave, APC, Jane's Addiction, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Bikini Kill, Gray Matter, Underoath, One Man Army, Blood Brothers, Bike Gang Knife Fight, De Facto, PJ Harvey, Pixies, <br />Movies: Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Natural Born Killers, True Romance, Kill Bill, Fight Club, Donnie Darko, Trainspotting, Snatch, Lock stock and 2 Smoking Barrels, Bubba Ho-Tep, Zombie Films, Most any well written sci-fi<br />Authors: Chuck Palahniuk, Ayn Rand, Oson Scott Card, Phillip K Dick, Douglas Adams, Mike Mignola, Neil Gaiman, Aldous Huxley, Hunter S Thompson, Edgar Allan Poe, HG Wells, Isaac Asimov, HP Lovecraft, Robert Jordan, JRR Tolkien

Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:46 AM

i liked lp's first cd. it was pretty good. i got a live show of theirs that has a cover of gn'r's sweet child o' mine, it's awesome.

#7 The Flamboyance

The Flamboyance

deja el show

• Members
  • 10668 posts
  • Joined 03-September 03
  • Interests:nothin'

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:03 AM

yo check it. their first album had hot tracks on it. ive always said it. but the remix cd was garbage and meteroa sux hard altho that new song has a cathy ass piano part. their lyrics are pretty crappy tho. its like they try to hard to sound poetic but end up bieng very cliche. i enjoy Mike Shinodas rapping tho. his lines in In The End are hot. Chester should work on his writing tho. Its so cheesy. The chuggah chugga guitars get played too. So all in all i never say that they are horrible, but they can be alot better. they are def one of the best of the mainstream bands today tho.

#8 histarising

histarising

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1674 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03
  • Interests:Singer for the band Feral Yell.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:10 AM

I will also say that i owned their first album and thought it was wonderful.. i guess my musical tastes changed once i got in a band. I heard Meteora or whatever its called and found it the exact same structure as Hybrid Theory. No real talent improvement i guess... thus, they no longer hold my interest.. in fact, it makes me pissed off when magazines claim them as the most important rock band in our current time. Rubbish (hey brits.. is that spelled with two b's?)

#9 Stalktheground11

Stalktheground11

The Bling Bling Voyager Version 3.2

• Members
  • 14170 posts
  • Joined 11-November 03
  • Interests:ROLLERBLADING

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:16 AM

The only song I've ever liked is the new one with the cool animated video.

#10 chronicman

chronicman

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Joined 28-October 03

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:27 AM

liking TMV AND linkin park.

that is like being a christian and worshiping satan, what the hell are you thinking

*imposes opinion on others*

#11 Direction

Direction

RIP Isaak Breen 2001-2008

• Members
  • 20545 posts
  • Joined 04-October 03

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:57 AM

i once owned all their albums

and 3 shirts

and a beanie

now look at me im kickass!

#12 Tieba

Tieba

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 11-October 03
  • Interests:Pink Floyd, De Facto, ATDI, Aesop Rock, System Of A Down, Blonde Redhead, The MC5, Joy Division, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, Ill Mitch, Interpol, guitar, grums, Ryuichi Sakamoto, computers, stained glass window making, drawing, Molly

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:12 AM

I'm still a fan of Hybrid Theory. But if you look at the fucking picture for a second, just about all of their songs are about two things, if not all of their songs: unsuccessfull relationships, or self demons. It really gets old.

#13 princess destruction

princess destruction

Custom Rank

• Banned
  • 5375 posts
  • Joined 19-June 04

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:43 AM

i kinda liked them when i was young

#14 fifi_25

fifi_25

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • Joined 07-February 04

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:50 AM

Their first LP was the first album i bought which every song on it i liked. Plus they were what got me into underground bands (when they were underground) so if it wasnt for them i would be posting this here now prob.

And for bands that sell out, they sold out well. as they say if your gonna sell out, sell out well!

#15 Solaris

Solaris

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 12417 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:22 AM

i never liked them, but some songs are alright

#16 kuoriv

kuoriv

the gay one

• Members
  • 7938 posts
  • Joined 06-September 03
  • Interests:Arts, music, writing, coffee, you, me, cash, slash, hash, mash and other words that rhyme. ♥

Posted 01 September 2004 - 02:44 PM

linkin park is a rollercoaster.

#17 D-i-a-n-a

D-i-a-n-a

Moo

• Members
  • 15808 posts
  • Joined 24-March 04

Posted 01 September 2004 - 02:50 PM

they have a few catchy songs to which i like listening to every once in a while.

#18 inertiatic

inertiatic

Sir Bastard Swine Of Fuzz

• Members
  • 5197 posts
  • Joined 13-August 03
  • Interests:football, support newcastle united FC.<br />music e.g. TMV, the murder of rosa luxemburg, beecher, johnny truant, 3 stages of pain, charger, cubic space division, drive like you stole it, mithras, etc.

Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:20 PM

liked hybrid theory a lot at the time, and they were one of the bands that took me into a lot of alt. music, so praise for that. Dont think i will ever listen to it again though.

#19 JImmyDee

JImmyDee

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03
  • Interests:Rockin' out hard... Making the streets unsafe, playing the sitar, just the usual stuff...

Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:48 PM

In reference to Linkin Park, i'd like to quote some tv show (scrubs if i'm not mistaken) "I don't hate you... I nothing you!"

#20 Sandman

Sandman

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 212 posts
  • Joined 22-August 04

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:21 PM

yo check it. their first album had hot tracks on it. ive always said it. but the remix cd was garbage and meteroa sux hard altho that new song has a cathy ass piano part. their lyrics are pretty crappy tho. its like they try to hard to sound poetic but end up bieng very cliche. i enjoy Mike Shinodas rapping tho. his lines in In The End are hot. Chester should work on his writing tho. Its so cheesy. The chuggah chugga guitars get played too. So all in all i never say that they are horrible, but they can be alot better. they are def one of the best of the mainstream bands today tho.

View Post

Seconded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users