IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Protest The Heronew record is out

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 bledblind

bledblind

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 12-January 05

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:26 PM

This band from Ontario, Canada has done it again and improved upon themselves. check them out you fargonauts!
Protest The Hero

#2 inertiatic

inertiatic

Sir Bastard Swine Of Fuzz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5197 posts
  • Joined 13-August 03
  • Interests:football, support newcastle united FC.<br />music e.g. TMV, the murder of rosa luxemburg, beecher, johnny truant, 3 stages of pain, charger, cubic space division, drive like you stole it, mithras, etc.

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:59 PM

no audio on the site so can ya give me some idea what they sound like?

#3 cygnus_geminni

cygnus_geminni

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 05-June 05

Posted 17 September 2005 - 02:35 AM

i love this band beyond words...kezia is such an amazing piece of work. Im seeing them tommorow night actually.

#4 Lost_in_comA

Lost_in_comA

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 25-October 05

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:57 PM

fuck, this album is so wicked...i cant stop listening to it. talk about a band that has just built themselves into such a great, tight unit. such a spectacular album, i missed them this go around, but im definatly checking them out next time they tour...wow...if u dont have this album, go buy this album!!!!

#5 Guest_thirteenthsecond_*

Guest_thirteenthsecond_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:24 PM

Great music. I'm glad the vast majority of the singing isn't screaming, it would probobly just make them scene as fuck. He's got a great voice, and I love how political their shit is. I got one of their other albums though, not really diggin' it, they used to almost be straight up true hardcore, on the punk side, but this release is brilliant, Kezia.

Thanks for the heads up.

#6 Funk Esp

Funk Esp

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2466 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05
  • Interests:You.

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:12 PM

Have you guys heard any "protest the hero"?
It takes awhile to get used to them. It took me along time because I wasn't really into how beserk they are. But yea their new album "kezia" is rediculous, apparently they have been writing since their early highschool years and they wrote it before they could even come close to playing it and then forced themselves to learn it. The songs on these sites from their new album are Nautical and Blindfolds Aside.

Definitely check these guys out, alot of talent here.

www.myspace.com/protestthehero
www.purevolume.com/protestthehero

#7 Funk Esp

Funk Esp

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2466 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:24 PM

Ok my topic got merged, i'm too lazy to edit my first post.

Great music. I'm glad the vast majority of the singing isn't screaming, it would probobly just make them scene as fuck. He's got a great voice, and I love how political their shit is. I got one of their other albums though, not really diggin' it, they used to almost be straight up true hardcore, on the punk side, but this release is brilliant, Kezia.

Thanks for the heads up.

Actually their new album isn't political at all. It's actually all about a story that they thought up.
I'll try to explain it but i'm still not clear on the story.
Kezia is a woman who is imprisoned for something. The CD is separated into 4 sections. Each section is in a different character's point of view. The characters are Kezia, the prison priest and the prison guard/gunman.

But yea you can figure out the rest.

#8 Teo

Teo

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined 19-May 04
  • Myspace

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:35 PM

I checked them out since they're playing with The Fall of Troy and Anterrabae and man oh man I haven't been able to go a day without listening to Kezia at least once. I'm real excited for the show now.

How is their old stuff? I'll probably get it anyways, just wondering.

#9 Funk Esp

Funk Esp

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2466 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:38 PM

I checked them out since they're playing with The Fall of Troy and Anterrabae and man oh man I haven't been able to go a day without listening to Kezia at least once. I'm real excited for the show now.

How is their old stuff? I'll probably get it anyways, just wondering.

I find their old stuff kind of sloppy and i'm not really into the old vocals but yea it's all good.
"Soft targets make softer graves" is cool and so is "silent genocide"

Protest the Hero + Fall of Troy = wow i wish i lived in the U.S...... wait no i don't. But yea thats an awesome combination.

#10 solo_ar

solo_ar

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined 18-November 03

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:44 AM

hahaha this is sooo funny. i saw these dudes at my college like 3 years ago. they were like 16 i think, and the guitarist worked at a grocery store with my buddy. funny so see kids from your town kind of blow up.

#11 Funk Esp

Funk Esp

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2466 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:27 PM

hahaha this is sooo funny. i saw these dudes at my college like 3 years ago. they were like 16 i think, and the guitarist worked at a grocery store with my buddy. funny so see kids from your town kind of blow up.

Hahaha thats awesome

#12 metalisawful

metalisawful

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2057 posts
  • Joined 20-January 04
  • Interests:chicken sexing, voo doo, cabbage stacking

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:40 PM

http://www.myspace.com/protestthehero

:thumbsup:

great shit man, I'm seriously

The guitar in this band doesn't make me want to kill myself like in so many like bands. Very fast, switching directions on a dime.

Outstanding singing with comeback kid shout alongs and the occasional bark but still.. sick.

Kezia is a solid motha fuckin' album

#13 jtwist

jtwist

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Joined 02-January 04

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:54 PM

This is pretty good stuff. I haven't heard all of the full length, 'Kezia' yet but the EP was solid!!

#14 Las Arañas

Las Arañas

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3531 posts
  • Joined 30-April 05
  • Interests:Music, Making Music, Art, Sociology, Psychology and History.

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:59 PM

I saw them live opening for The Fall of Troy. it was pretty cool. their bassist is amazing and he's so crazy.

#15 Guest_thirteenthsecond_*

Guest_thirteenthsecond_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:31 PM

Yeah, I wrote a review for them for the website I used to work for. Kezia's a brilliant album. Pre-Kezia's pretty shitty though. By far in my favorite/only listenable 10 "scene" releases, IE "core" music, etc.

Definitely as tech if not moreso than Thomas from TFOT. I've learned most of Doppleganger, but can seem to only pick up parts of Kezia.

I LOVE the fact that the majority of the vocals are clean, with no screaming, it's soooo refreshing for an otherwise dead, boring, generic genre such as metalcore.

#16 Rob_Floyd

Rob_Floyd

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1178 posts
  • Joined 03-April 05

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:17 AM

I discovered them rather recently, and bought Kezia. I was not dissapointed wit this album, there are no weak tracks.

#17 motherprussia

motherprussia

Creep/Weirdo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts
  • Joined 22-September 03
  • Interests:Peter Gabriel, buttplugs, interracial marriage, banjos, soft serve ice cream, Wal-Greens, independent trucking, Andrew Johnson, Cheerios, Deep Woods OFF, wool scarves, repetition, hobbies, lace, red pepper flakes, pine forest scent
  • Facebook
  • Myspace
  • Twitter

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:41 AM

i actually found them to be annoying when i saw them live

overall they weren't bad, but nothing i'd listen to all that much

#18 havock

havock

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2609 posts
  • Joined 29-January 05

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:32 PM

Their bassist is one of the coolest people I've seen play live, they're alright recorded, I didn't see anything too amazing in their cd though.

#19 jcoopstah

jcoopstah

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3323 posts
  • Joined 02-April 05
  • Interests:music, photography, travel, the usual
  • Myspace

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:55 AM

bump
everyone go buy this immediately
they sound like system of a down and unearth but much more complex with hardcore breakdowns and things of that nature
at least buy the song heretics and killers

#20 Guest_thirteenthsecond_*

Guest_thirteenthsecond_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:26 AM

I do like the predominently clean vocals as opposed to hardcore vocal screaming all the time. It gets old though, the music's amazingly technical, obviously, but it's very repetitive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users